Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's not true.
You still need the game on eshop, because you can't get the encrypted files from a WUD.
or did I miss any new feature that DiscU could generate encrypted .app and .h3 files to be used with WUP installer?

what you don't need anymore, is the WUD. because the ticket (played from a disc version of the game) can be extracted from a console with CFW.
of course, a game played from an eshop version can't have his ticket used to install it on another console because the ticket is tied to the console used to buy the game from eshop.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
that's not true.
You still need the game on eshop, because you can't get the encrypted files from a WUD.
or did I miss any new feature that DiscU could generate encrypted .app and .h3 files to be used with WUP installer?

what you don't need anymore, is the WUD. because the ticket (played from a disc version of the game) can be extracted from a console with CFW.
of course, a game played from an eshop version can't have his ticket used to install it on another console because the ticket is tied to the console used to buy the game from eshop.
Here's the method of extracting the contents of WUD using the new version of DiscU to install just as you would any Eshop version from NUS. http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-installing-games-on-your-wiiu-from-a-wud-image.446639/

Reactions: zeldaism and Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, I didn't check what that version was capable of, just assumed he fixed the ticket extraction only.
maybe he added this feature in previous version, as I jumped from v1 to v4, I don't know what 2 and 3 did. any changelog?
thank you, I'll edit the first post then.

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the latest release for WUP y mod installer and utikdownloadhelper? What games specifically? I haven't had any issues yet.

thanks for getting back yes upto date on utikdownloader and wup y mod.few games wont install are assassins creed black flag/devils third/justdance2017/xenoblade chronicals/watchdogs/supersmash bros. they dont install .i have only got splatoon and captain toad to install.

angela18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is working fine except updating games with NNUPatcher using TubeHAX DNS. I have to remove TubeHAx so I can update the games online. Is there a specific NNYSPatcher version I should be using?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just updated my NUSGrabber batch file.
New Features:
- Automatically grab game name from the tik database (must be predownloaded from that iso site and unzipped to \tickets)
- Automatically download updates for each game input (it will ask for each title if you wish to do so)

Previous Features:
- Batch download games using NUSGrabber.exe
- Automatically finds the correct title.tik from the \tickets folder and move it into the game install folder (must be predownloaded from that iso site)
- Automatically organizes downloads for use with wupinstaller mod y. Simply copy the install from the computer to the SD root to batch install games (only works with wupinstaller mod y)

Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0
set nusdir=%~dp0
del download.bat
:setgamelist
SETLOCAL
cls
echo Type -1 to begin downloads, or add more below.
set /P id="Enter game ID: "
if "%id%" == "-1" goto end
set /p update="Download game updates? (y,n): "
for /d /r "%NusDir%\tickets" %%a in (*) do if /i %%~nxa==%id% set "tikLocation=%%a"
for %%a in ("%tikLocation%\..") do set "game=%%~na"
If not "%tikLocation%"=="" (
echo echo ----------------------------------------------- >> download.bat
echo echo Downloading %game% - %id% >> download.bat
echo nusgrabber.exe %id% >> download.bat
echo echo Grabbing Ticket File >> download.bat
echo copy "%TikLocation%\title.tik" "%id%" >> download.bat
) else (
echo Error: ticket not found. Skipping ticket transfer.
pause
cls
set /P game="Enter game name: "
)
echo echo Renaming Folder %id% >> download.bat
echo MOVE %id% "install\%game%" >> download.bat
set id=%id:00050000=0005000E%
set game=%game% Update
if /i %update:~0,1%==y (
echo echo Renaming Folder %id% >> download.bat
echo MOVE %id% "install\%game%" >> download.bat
)
ENDLOCAL
goto setgamelist
:end
echo echo Downloads Completed! >> download.bat
echo pause >> download.bat
echo del download.bat >> download.bat
call download.bat

Simply download SetDownloads.bat from below and place into the same folder you have NUSGrabber.exe
I may modify it to also support JNUSTool in the future
https://mega.nz/#!5Vl3RAqT!ZlDDaVQuHJ18sSJjqarZqHZb96WL1Qefe-w0bsrsWAI

Edit: I have not fully tested this program, but with the proper tik database from that iso site in the tickets folder, I was able to get shovel knight and it's update to batch download and install.
If you encounter any bugs with this let me know
Thanks a lot, works great! :-) Did you consider making a new post about it so people can find it more easily? Would you mind if I made a GUI for it? (Or maybe there's to many related GUI tools already...)
Now starting Wind Waker again for... I think the sixth time now (each time I don't play for a long time and forget what I'm supposed to be doing, and figure it's easier to just start again... Started the GC version three times, twice on modded Wii once on an actual GC, and Loadiine version twice already)

Edit: just saw you did make a thread :-)

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is working fine except updating games with NNUPatcher using TubeHAX DNS. I have to remove TubeHAx so I can update the games online. Is there a specific NNYSPatcher version I should be using?
I would just download the game updates from nus as well. It's the best method imo

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i wanna report i've tried several tik files, and i dont think error FFFBF43F has anything to do with it, cuz i've tried 3 different games and got this error each time.
and yes i edited the ticket

JackBauerll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys.I tried install Deus Ex on my HD, however , I got NO error messages but NO "suceffuly instaled" message too, (most likely game incomplete)so i back to wii u menu and the game was not there...I was in data management, usb drive, and take a message"you have some files uselles" something like that,hit to delete files, but the game was not there too, so my question is: Can i download the game again and reinstall(no danger?) or I need format my HD(to delete all error file...dont know)??Thanks.

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error 0xFFFFF82E appears to be caused by a botched download. Ran into it several times while trying to install Xenoblade Chronicles X. I tried re-copying the files to my SD card a few times to be sure, still wouldn't work. I re-downloaded the game and it worked on the first try.

trebic

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if there is a region fix out yet that works with wupinstaller , but a work around I have used is to replace the meta.xml with one that has the region changed using wupclient / cfwbooter . I presume this method would also allow modifying the game files of an installed game .

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with an end-user rednand pretty much out there today eshop installations with fake tickets is a thing. with that being said does anyone know the title id of a game called axiom verge?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with an end-user rednand pretty much out there today eshop installations with fake tickets is a thing. with that being said does anyone know the title id of a game called axiom verge?
i have actually purchased this game , guess i need some info on how to find the id, point me to an idiot proof tutorial ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)