Grimgolde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys.I tried install Deus Ex on my HD, however , I got NO error messages but NO "suceffuly instaled" message too, (most likely game incomplete)so i back to wii u menu and the game was not there...I was in data management, usb drive, and take a message"you have some files uselles" something like that,hit to delete files, but the game was not there too, so my question is: Can i download the game again and reinstall(no danger?) or I need format my HD(to delete all error file...dont know)??Thanks.

Redownload the game and try installing again. If you have leftover data from the broken install attempt that won't delete, download a small demo from the eShop and try deleting the broken data again.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have actually purchased this game , guess i need some info on how to find the id, point me to an idiot proof tutorial ?
Is this enough of a push in the right direction? Rip only the /vol/meta using DDD (start DDD, start the game, go back to the WiiU menu, wait 30 seconds) then look at the dumped meta.xml for the TitleID.

JackBauerll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Redownload the game and try installing again. If you have leftover data from the broken install attempt that won't delete, download a small demo from the eShop and try deleting the broken data again.
Thanks bro. I re-downloaded and reinstall the game...works perfect,the console just ignore the fail instalation.

Intact

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey BurningDesire the error code 0xFFFBF442 is related to the ticket. i think this error code means that the ticket is not verifiyed. (sorry for bad english I'm German)

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It looks like the error is 0xFFFBF825
I ALWAYS get that error even with 4 SD cards, ALL formatted multiple times, 1 was brand new as I just brought it today.
2 SD cards, 2 MicroSD cards.
Cant get past that damn error.

Anyone know how to get past that error?

I dont know what happened but on the very last try just before I gave up it finally worked.

Last edited by NakedFaerie,
D

Deleted-370638

This is a thread dedicated to the Brazilian team method of installing WiiU games to WiiU USB HDD and Internal memory. Links will not be provided.

DO NOT REQUEST OR ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD TICKETS OR FOR ANY SHARING WEBSITE NAME.
ADDITIONALLY, BE WARY AROUND SHARING CONTENT. IF A PROGRAM IS BEING HOSTED ON, OR CONTAINS LINKS TO, WAREZ OR WAREZ SITES, DO NOT POST/LINK TO IT HERE.

You will receive a warning and can be banned.

Summarized method

This method is using WUP installer to install the eShop version of a game using its ticket extracted from the disc version of the same game. The ticket from the disc can be extracted from a WUD image or from a console who already played that game disc.
So :
- The game needs to be on eShop.
- The WUD needs to be dumped for that game, or you need a ticket dumped from someone else's console.
- Tickets extracted from a WUD image need to be fixed (IF they are wrong). Tickets extracted from NAND are already good.

Important info - What works or not - Please read before asking questions

Hardware
  • It works on WiiU 5.5.1, and (should) work on all WiiU firmware, as long as you can launch homebrew. Some games could not work properly if you are on an older firmware version due to missing features used by newer games. (electronic manuals, etc.)
  • Bricking a WiiU with this method is very unlikely, as long as you try games and updates. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE (like system titles) OR YOU WILL BRICK.
  • If you want to install on HDD, you need to format your HDD to WiiU format. It will DELETE everything on that drive. DO NOT USE THE DRIVE YOU USE FOR vWII!
  • Any USB drive, Hard Drive or Pen Drive can be used. Some Hard Drives will require external power or a Y-Cable.
  • Turn HDD sleep mode OFF before installing games to USB. To do this, hold d-pad down, + and - at the same time on the data management screen (with the move/format options visible).
Game installation
  • Loadiine ready games CANNOT BE USED WITH OR CONVERTED TO "USB ready" format, the official encrypted files are required.
  • The installed game needs to be the region of your Wii U. You can install a game from another region without bricking, but it will not launch.
  • As long as you have enough space, you can install as many games as you want.
  • Multiple games can be installed at the same time on your SD card with WUP Installer mod Y.
  • Games installed to your hard drive can be transferred to your internal storage or you can install them directly to internal storage.
  • You can install ONLY games which exist in disc format because you need a clean ticket. eShop only version can't be installed because the ticket is tied to the console used to buy that game.
  • Don't install games you already bought officially on eShop with this method. It's unknown what could happen, just be safe and don't mess your tickets already installed officially.
  • It's NOT possible to install only the ticket and get the game from eShop. This method doesn't unlock the game on your eShop account. You are installing a Disc ticket, not an eShop ticket.
  • You CANNOT install programs/games designed for use on devkits. These were signed/encrypted ONLY for use/installation on the devkit. editing the ticket DOES NOT work either.
Game data
  • If you have an existing savegame/DLC/Update for your game on your internal storage, move it to your USB before installing the game to USB or you'll lose your savegame! Follow this guide to move your data!
  • To install your Loadiine savegame into the console, use Saviine. Guide available here, or a youtube video tutorial here. savegame from another region should mostly work, but some may not.
Game update
  • Updates can be installed by removing the server filters or using NNUPatcher if you are spoofing your firmware version before launching the game.
  • WUP installer can install encrypted updates manually as well. Nintendo already provides a working ticket with the updates.
  • Online play works, but it's currently unknown if it's safe. No bans have been reported yet. Nintendo shouldn't be able to detect that the game is installed instead of playing from a disc.
DLC
  • Purchased DLC work, as well as DLC bought after install. You can't use non legit DLC, use Loadiine with DLC support for that.
Ticket info
  • NUS downloads DO NOT contain the tik file, tickets must be extracted from the WUD file, or from a console's NAND using IOSU.
  • Correct ticket can now be extracted from WUD with DiscU v4.1b. Old version of DiscU requires ticket fixing.
  • DO NOT ASK HOW TO MAKE OR DUMP A WUD, it's NOT POSSIBLE. Game release groups are releasing games WHEN THEY DECIDE. That's all.
  • if the game is not on that site, or is present but "nuke", it means the WUD does not exist for this game.
  • Dumping a ticket from your console with CFW booter is possible. It's still not user friendly! let knowledgeable people do it. Brick risk!
  • Dumped ticket from eShop games will NOT work on another console, the ticket is tied to the console used to bought the game. It will require a CFW with signature patch.
  • Dumped ticket from DLC will NOT work on another console, the ticket is tied to the console used to bought the DLC. It will require a CFW with signature patch.

Instructions

Preparation
  1. get the ticket for your game and be sure it's the same region than your console!
    - Extract it from a WUD file with DiscU 4.1b. Note: you don't need ALL the rar files or extract the full 25GB wud. Only the first .rar or .r01 file is enough to extract an incomplete wud and get the ticket with Cdecrypt.
    - Extract it from a console with CFW booter and IOSU hack (not user friendly!).
    - Any other method you want to find a ticket.
    The file you want is : title.tik or tik located in folder system/02/

2. Fix the ticket data IF it's wrong.
    You can fix a ticket using:
    - This tool : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-ticket-modifier.445553/
    - or manually : here (not an exact method, trial and error!).
    - or uTikDownloadHelper (drag/drop a tik on the exe and it will fix the ticket if needed AND download the game). Easier program!

:!: Attention: You don't need to FIX or EDIT or MODIFY a game ticket extracted from NAND, it's already good.
    You don't need to modify a game ticket if you extracted it from a WUD with DiscU v4.1b or newer, it's already good.
    You also don't need to modify a game ticket if someone already fixed it for you!

You don't need to modify or fix a game update ticket, they are already good.

3. Get the game from NUS in encrypted format, do not decrypt! Be sure it's the same region as your console!
    you can use:
    - JNUSTool with "-dlEncrypted" command. Can resume and fix bad download, Faster download speed. Recommended program!!!
    - JNUSTool GUI Mod, enables simultaneous game downloading/queueing + drag/drop a tik to start downloading the respective game.
    - NUSGrabber,
    - or uTikDownloadHelper (drag/drop a tik on the exe and it will download the game).

DO NOT USE these programs :
    - or Uwizard (wrong filename),
    - or NewNUSGrabber GUI (it's using an outdated database!),

4. put the game files (.app, .h3, title.cert, title.tmd, etc.) and the corrected/repaired ticket (title.tik) on your SD card, in SD:/Install/ folder
    Attention: only ONE game at a time in the /install/ folder!

5. be sure your ticket is named "title.tik" if not, rename it.

Note : If you use the WUP Installer 1.0 mod Y :
    Instead of using SD:/install/, you can create subfolders (if you want) for each game or game update you want to install.
    example :
    install/game 1/
    install/game 2/
    install/game 2 update/
    install/game that is awesome/
    etc...
    You don't need to eject the SD card after 1 game installation anymore. You can now install multiple games at the same time.
Installation
  1. Put SD card into Wii U.
  2. Plug in your WiiU Hard drive to your Wii U (if you want to install to USB)
  3. Eject any inserted game disc.
  4. Launch the homebrew launcher.
  5. Launch the Wup installer v1.0 mod Y1.0 (this WUP installer will not let you install system titles, so you can't brick !). Do not use other WUP installer.
  6. Use the d-Pad to mark folders for install, noted by an asterisk "*". You can press + to select all.
  7. Press X button to install to HDD, or press A to install to internal memory.
  8. let the game(s) install.
  9. When the install ends you will be returned to the install menu. If using any other WUP installer version, you will be returned to the Homebrew Launcher.
  10. On Mod Y, if you want, you can eject the SD card on this menu to insert a different one and refresh the game list before installing other games.
  11. delete ALL the content located on your SD:/install/ folder. Repeat the steps for more games.
  12. exit the homebrew launcher or reboot your console and your games will be installed!
  13. If you get any error while installing, refer to the error code list below.

Error messages

You can't install games you didn't buy : This is NOT an anti-piracy check. It's an incorrect message for "missing file in the install folder".
You are missing files in your install folder! verify your download, it's either incomplete or corrupted. use JNUSTool to resume the download and complete the files. Verify your ticket is named "title.tik".
Update "WUP installer mod by XenoCube" to "Wup installer v1.0 mod Y".
Update JNUStool or use a different program to get the missing title.cert file.

MCP_installgetinfo error : Restart your console and try again.
If it's still not working, your install folder may not be correct.
If you use WUP Installer mod Y, be sure to put your .app, .h3, and all the files inside a subfolder:
SD:/install/Your game folder name/*.app *.h3 title.tik title.tmd title.cert here

if you use any other WUP installer, do not create a sub folder!
SD:/install/ .app .h3 here !

0xFFFB (content related?)
error 0xFFFBF3E2 : Missing or wrong install folder path. Put the "install" folder on the ROOT of your SD card. SD:/Install/
error 0xFFFBF43F : Wrong title type. Verify your ticket, it's probably not edited, or missing.
Verify you are trying to install a full game and not an update with a full game ticket or a DLC. Your titleID should start with 00050000, NOT 0005000C or 0005000E.
error 0xFFFBF440 : ?
error 0xFFFBF441 : DLC ticket not for this console (no it's not possible to install DLC, they are tied to a console/NNID account.)
error 0xFFFBF442 : ?
error 0xFFFBF446 : missing or bad title.tik
error 0xFFFBF664 : ?
error 0xFFFBF825 : Incomplete or corrupted encrypted files. Check that your game can be decrypted correctly (with Cdecrypt or JNUSTool) and doesn't produce "bad checksum" and/or 0 byte files.
error 0xFFFBFFE7 : Same as F825.
for all FFFB errors, please verify your files are good and complete. Verify tour ticket is the correct file for your game, etc. Look HERE for information how to check your game files.
You can "check and resume" your current files by running JNUStool again. if it's not the program you used, check here how to verify your files.

0xFFFC (Console/Device related?)
error 0xFFFCFFE4 : Not enough space on selected device.
error 0xFFFCFFE5 : unplug your USB (even if you are not installing on USB). if you are installing on USB, unplug/re-plug it and try again.
error 0xFFFCFFE9 : incomplete files. Verify your download.
error 0xFFFCFFEA : ? Shutdown and restart your console. it could help.

0xFFFF (unknown) Probably SD card issue. Try a different SD card
error 0xFFFFF825 : ? re-format your SD Card. 32k/cluster might help (not sure). It could be fragmentation issue too, but format it instead of defragmenting a flash drive.
error 0xFFFFF82E : ?

Credits

I am not responsible if your Wii U bricks

All credit for this method goes to Brazilian team, King Cerelepe for testing.
Thanks to:
All users from this thread who explained the ticket editing method, specially Asper who found the XOR 2 method.
All developers creating tools to make this method easier.
Create an simpler guide for noobs (me).

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
2 games tested. Both works with no issues.

For the record, i'm using a 16 GB Sandisk Ultra MicrosSD Class 10. Maybe the card speed has something to do with it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated the first post to add WUD extraction method.

Create an simpler guide for noobs (me).
Pirating is not simple.
if it's too hard, maybe it's not for you.

a "noob" step-by-step guide is not possible because you need to learn how to use many programs first. it will NOT be easy, you will need to read a lot. (how to run homebrew, how to run programs, etc.)
and all programs have their own noob Step-by-step guide needed. Instead of having ALL step-by-step written every time, you need to read each program's step-by-step yourself.
also, you will need Illegal data that a guide can't provide. you will have to find things by yourself.

Noob and easy could be possible, but not on gbatemp, because we need to keep legal program only here.

There are tools to make it easier.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-utikdownloadhelper.446125
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-simple-gui-for-funkiiu-funkii-ui.446853/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows-wip.446565/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-u...-internal-memory.445514/page-197#post-6783308
but you need to learn and read. It's not doing things for you.

edit:
I think there is a "full noob pack" somewhere. it contains needed homebrew.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-complete-guide-to-brazilian-exploit-method-on-5-5-1.446415/
Not sure "how nooby" enough it is for you.
it's explaining only ONE method with ONE program, but there are different methods or programs to do it. The guide will not tell you ALL the methods, maybe it's still not easy for you. The guide also contains mistakes. But really, if you don't understand this one, it's not for you.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Saves are stored where ever the game is installed right?

So if I have a retail DISK game with saves on the nand, then install a USB version as a backup, they will have different saves?

Trophies
Country
Canada
Saves are stored where ever the game is installed right?

So if I have a retail DISK game with saves on the nand, then install a USB version as a backup, they will have different saves?
If you have say Splatoon physical disc, and the save is on the system. then you installed Splatoon so you can sell the game disk, you should have the same save file. But I recommend using Saviine to back up the saves so if anything happens, you can inject the save back on.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Yes, paid DLC will also work if you have any.

Oh nice had no idea!

I mean really I have the bests on disks already, I just dont want to cart around the disks when I travel with it. For instance, I have the mario launch game that came with my WiiU. I later purchased the Luigi DLC for it. If I install it on the USB, it should read the installed DLC? Awesome!!

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know if it is already known but I couldn't install a game to my USB stick when on the other USB port an ustealth harddisk was connected
Wupinstaller told me no USB device could be found.
After disconnecting the harddisk all went fine.

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't know if it is already known but I couldn't install a game to my USB stick when on the other USB port an ustealth harddisk was connected
Wupinstaller told me no USB device could be found.
After disconnecting the harddisk all went fine.
That's normal, you're not supposed to have two USB devices connected at the same time.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards