Hacking Wii U Pro controller to play Wii games in vWii?

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Title. I know from reading, the Wii U Pro controller works in Nintendont (for gamecube games) but does it work normally in the vWii?
I haven't hacked my vWii yet but was about to get around to it and wondered. Would be sweet using the pro controller for GCN/Wii/U

EDIT* Also - Is it possible to avoid the "multiple USB's connected, please remove one" nag? I have all my Wii/GCN backups on a USB and my Wii U backups on a HDD... Or is my only option pulling out whatever one im not using?

Last edited by clancy94,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title. I know from reading, the Wii U Pro controller works in Nintendont (for gamecube games) but does it work normally in the vWii?
I haven't hacked my vWii yet but was about to get around to it and wondered. Would be sweet using the pro controller for GCN/Wii/U

EDIT* Also - Is it possible to avoid the "multiple USB's connected, please remove one" nag? I have all my Wii/GCN backups on a USB and my Wii U backups on a HDD... Or is my only option pulling out whatever one im not using?
Nope it's a "Wii U Pro Controller" hence the name applys

Madalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
answer: if you had searched the forums you'd found your answers but mkey..

no, you can't use your pro controller on the vwii games. it would be sweet but no dice as of now. it works on nintendont though. and you can remove the nag with some app called stealth something, i forget the name (see, if you actually did your homework you wouldn't have an idiot like me answering). and finally yes: your only option is pulling one of the drives. (oh nooo! what a hassle!!)

next time, search the forums like our ancestors did in ancestral times.

Last edited by Madalone,
Reactions: Shadow#1

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nope it's a "Wii U Pro Controller" hence the name applys
Okay... using a Wii U controller on a Wii U to play Wii games seems like a pretty valid concept to me... It's layout is exactly the same as a Classic Wii Controller + thumbstick buttons.

answer: if you had searched the forums you'd found your answers but mkey..

no, you can't use your pro controller on the vwii games. it would be sweet but no dice as of now. it works on nintendont though. and you can remove the nag with some app called stealth something, i forget the name (see, if you actually did your homework you wouldn't have an idiot like me answering). and finally yes: your only option is pulling one of the drives. (oh nooo! what a hassle!!)

next time, search the forums like our ancestors did in ancestral times.
Had tried searching that's why I posted here but thanks, found the StealthU app and I'll give it a go later. Cheers

Reactions: Madalone

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... using a Wii U controller on a Wii U to play Wii games seems like a pretty valid concept to me... It's layout is exactly the same as a Classic Wii Controller + thumbstick buttons.

Yeah, but it's nothing to do with the capabilities of the controller - it's the fact that the Wii doesn't know what a Wii U Pro controller is. Nintendont's support for the Pro is part of the program, not part of the Wii. I guess it would be theoretically possible for a new Wii game being made now to support the Pro controller?

Reactions: Madalone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*