Hacking Wii U Homebrew Wish List - Homebrew Idea Thread

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want most is a real time remote debugger/RAM hacking device (TCP Gecko dNet. Can't wait for the kernel exploit to be out so we can use it). Will there anything else (Wii U side) be needed besides the kernel exploit to connect TCP Gecko to the Console??
A region locker so I can play imported games to create cheat codes for them.
And a spoofer to avoid updates and still go online

I knew i was forgetting to add that, also I dont remember if anything extra is needed

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as applications go, I remember someone mentioned a shell like Sunshell for 3DS. That would be a really nice thing to have if it was all on the home screen. As far as themes, since, there is the whole Mii Plaza, imagine changing that!

Reactions: Margen67

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game ripping to USB and loading games via USB. And before you guys cry piracy, this is more for convenience purposes as swapping disks is inconvenient.

Not getting into that since thats for another thread but yes we do need something like that. Gonna add that to the list

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game ripping to USB and loading games via USB. And before you guys cry piracy, this is more for convenience purposes as swapping disks is inconvenient.

Any controversies the above post spawns can go to die be discussed at length at my thread here

Aaaaand ninja'd by the owner of THIS thread XD

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HE SPEAKS!!

Also, on that note, a NSMBU Reggi!-type level editor would be grand(Newest SMB/Newer SMBU anyone??), along with a Riivolution-type launcher to play it (yes, I know TCP Gecko.net is a thing, but I mean more user-friendly)

1st off, Yes, I want a Reggi-type anything lol. 2nd I'm sure the Newer team is already hatching ideas and such

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer Super Mario Bros. U by Newerteam! :D

Emulators with majority of ROM hacks support.
Be able to install VC games.
Inject VC games especially DS into that Brain Training we got from Nintendo, thank you so much.
Custom levels in Mario Kart 8 and CTGP.
Actual Battle courses in Mario Kart 8.
Citra3DS for Wii U (if possible)
Regionfree
Be able to use the GamePad as a controller for vWii.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with Wii64?

Slow, very low compatibility, textures are usually broken, games lag/freeze randomly, stuff like that. There are a few games that work for the most part/have very minor issues, like Ocarina of Time, but most games, especially big/graphics heavy (Majora's Mask, GoldenEye 007, others) are largely completely broken in some form or another. Not64 improved upon it, but theres only so much you can do with one PPC CPU core

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HE SPEAKS!!

Also, on that note, a NSMBU Reggi!-type level editor would be grand(Newest SMB/Newer SMBU anyone??), along with a Riivolution-type launcher to play it (yes, I know TCP Gecko.net is a thing, but I mean more user-friendly)

Both of those already exist, and Cafiine is really easy to use. You put files in a certain structure, double click an exe to run it, and then run your game. Almost exactly the same thing as RiiFS

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slow, very low compatibility, textures are usually broken, games lag/freeze randomly, stuff like that. There are a few games that work for the most part/have very minor issues, like Ocarina of Time, but most games, especially big/graphics heavy (Majora's Mask, GoldenEye 007, others) are largely completely broken in some form or another. Not64 improved upon it, but theres only so much you can do with one PPC CPU core

Ah. I've only played Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and F-Zero X with Wii64. I've never encountered a crash, lag, or texture issue with those games.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I've only played Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and F-Zero X with Wii64. I've never encountered a crash, lag, or texture issue with those games.

Lucky XD I'm not surprised they run decently, though, as each of them are either pretty tame graphics wise or don't load that much content at a time

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
cafe2wii mods (IOSU needed)
example mods:
don't underclock cores
enable 3 cores without race attack
don't lock access to WiiU-specific hardware
gamepad controls
GX2 enhancements for GX (
emulate the GX on the GX2 instead of using real GX for HD graphics and shaders
use the GX2 to filter the GX's output for better upscaling, filters, etc
)
underclock cores to gc speed (so it's cafe2gc) (may not be possible?)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
-a wii launcher that lets you play wii games with the gamepad rather than an actual wiimote (and where 'drawing' on the gamepad has the same effect as 'drawing' your wiimote pointer on the screen).
-ports of tablet apps.
-pictionary
-a balancing game using the gamepad and the wii balance board. In fact, just having to stand still on the balance board (balanced) while holding the gamepad horizontal will be much of a challenge in itself.

I'd also ask for a sudoku clone, but thanks to the freely given brain age game, I already have one. :)

...and yeah, I understand this is most likely science fiction. But it won't hurt anyone to throw it out. In any case, if this thing gets just hacked to enable the exact same kinds of homebrew it already has in wiimode, I don't see a point in hacking it to begin with. I mean...it's not like wii homebrew pushed the wii to its limits (aside emulators), so I'm just curious in what ways the actual gamepad can be used rather than the usual calls of "we want MORE emulators" (as if the average temper doesn't already have half a dozen devices that could emulate a NES in their house).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...