Hacking Wii U Homebrew Preparation

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
i asked this yesterday and i see it in the first post but i am scared to update my 4.1.0U system. Sorry for asking again but if i update am i safe till a new update comes out

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i asked this yesterday and i see it in the first post but i am scared to update my 4.1.0U system. Sorry for asking again but am i safe till a new update comes out

Yes, by the time we release all our work, a new Webkit exploit'll have been finished that works up to and including 5.3.2, feel free to update :)

IbbyPlays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll contribute a few things to the main post IbbyPlays.
1) "that should work up to and including 5.3.2"
5) They're considering releasing everything they have other than the kernel exploit, once the time is right, since they're independent of the exploit. This includes: (Possibly) Icy Thwomp Ruins, Cafiine(probably rewritten, it's not fit for use rn), TCPGecko, and Incendia Castle if it's ever finished.
6) Keep in mind that in-progress exploits being finished doesn't mean they will be released right away. MN1 and co. are aiming for an early-to-mid June release at the latest, to help with developing more tools/exploits and to try to delay Nintendo releasing any patches.
7) We will need to create an (in-progress) ELF loader and a Homebrew SDK before it will be accessible to the average programmer/user. Documentation of Cafe OS and related libraries has already been started here, feel free to contribute.

I gave you permissions to edit the op for future advancements/information/warnings.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's doing the same thing I had to do- his IP (like mine) is already in the OpenDNS database so it won't let him filter.

I found my old account details and now I'm able to filter without desktop software :)

the_randomizer : In order to use OpenDNS, you'll need to provide your Network's IP Address (it's automatic). If you already have a OpenDNS account with your Network and add your Network to another OpenDNS account, you won't be able to filter content.

Reactions: Kelton2

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old account details and now I'm able to filter without desktop software :)

the_randomizer : In order to use OpenDNS, you'll need to provide your Network's IP Address (it's automatic). If you already have a OpenDNS account with your Network and add your Network to another OpenDNS account, you won't be able to filter content.

Shows what I know :(

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, weird problem: I'm blocking the domains and can still access the eShop and there isn't the "System Update with a Red "X"" in Download Management.

Any ideas?

Update: The eShop is blocked. I still don't have confirmation in Download Management.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, weird problem: I'm blocking the domains and can still access the eShop and there isn't the "System Update with a Red "X"" in Download Management.

Any ideas?

Update: The eShop is blocked. I still don't have confirmation in Download Management.

Neither do I (last I checked, that may have changed over the course of the day though). Go into system settings and click "update". If it gives you an error after "thinking" for about 30 seconds, you're golden. If it tells you the system is up-to-date, then you need to check that you're correctly blocking domains

panni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Isn't this the same as adding this to your (advanced) home router's DNSMasq configuration?

Code:
address=/nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/127.0.0.1
address=/nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/127.0.0.1
address=/nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/127.0.0.1
address=/nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/127.0.0.1
address=/nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net/127.0.0.1

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this the same as adding this to your (advanced) home router's DNSMasq configuration?

Code:

Yes, but with a home router, you shouldn't need to fiddle with DNS settings, since if you just block the domain, nothing in the network will be able to access it (usually to block a domain, the setting will be in the "parental controls" section of the router settings)

IbbyPlays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:

Some people (including me) have crappy routers and don't want to install a custom firmware.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife