Hacking Wii U Homebrew Preparation

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys my wii U firm is 5.1 so should I update now or not (risking big N closing the door) ?

I would update if I was you, cause you can use all the fun of the wiiu now while it lasts and also be on the latest FW for the exploits. You should do it before they roll out another, I did it! :)

Reactions: kimchee2000

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Am I at the right section? How do I test? Trying to update from settings will give an error?
Are these also blocking game updates and DLC like MK8 200cc?

EDIT: If I try to update it says "your system is updated" does it mean i did not successfully blocked it?

Attachments

• zteblocknus.JPG
    zteblocknus.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 550

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it be possible to run a version of the exploit from an Android device like is done for the Gateway 9.x browser exploit?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happens regardless if you have updates blocked. It's simply telling you that it can't connect to see if there's a new version, not that there is one.

Precisely this. If you get a red "X" over download management after your Wii U goes into standby for the first time(? May not be specifically this event, but testing would make it seem that way) after applying DNS settings, that means you're doing it right

Fl-ris82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys!
Do you think it is worth disabling your openDNS settings for a while to download the new Mario Kart 8 DLC? Or is there some risk involved?

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(