Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Amino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what does this good news mean for users with 5.40 + loadinegx2 that i have ? Update to 5.5.1 and use this new kernel exploit ?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Grab a newer ELF, probably the latest nightly

/payloads/***.bin, /loaders/stagefright.bin, optional /data/boot.elf if you wanna run elfloader to see if the server's working right
Has the guy in charge of WiiUBru.com been notified about this too?
I don't know if that site has been updated between yesterday or today and I don't remember the user who hosts that page. xD

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well, I suppose y'all can stop derailing that other thread, yes it is my server setup which I only sent to two people (everyone else only got the exploit binaries, not the server with the rest of the other payloads)
It's just HaxServer with Java 8, from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-wii-u-hax-server.414647/
run it via command line, "java -jar HaxServer.jar", or if your computer has it set up just double click the jar to run it
needs to be able to bind to port 80 which is why I recommend making sure Skype's not open and using command line cause it'll complain
Then find your local IP, "ipconfig", and go to http://<localip>/hax?kexploit31 or kexploit10 if you wanna be arrpirate loadiine me matey
Don't forget to like comment and subscribe
I really don't understand this, is this the kexploit but closed sourced?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
here is the new stable kernal exploit with homebrew launcher 1.2 for 5.4.0 users :

* prepare your local server
* launch web browser
* launch kernel.html first
* it will exit to home menu
* click on web browser again
* launch HBL.html

make sure you have homebrew_launcher.elf in sd:wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher

success rate is 100% :toot::yayu:

Attachments

• homebrew_launcher.v1.2_RC2 with Stable kernel for 5.4.0.rar
    825 KB · Views: 218

Twinkeltoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
here is the new stable kernal exploit with homebrew launcher 1.2 for 5.4.0 users :

* prepare your local server
* launch web browser
* launch kernel.html first
* it will exit to home menu
* click on web browser again
* launch HBL.html

make sure you have homebrew_launcher.elf in sd:wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher

success rate is 100% :toot::yayu:

Works like a charm :)
Even starting Mii Maker after exiting a game works (You get back in Loadiine)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Now that you have the kexploit none of you fuckers better update past 5.5.1 and start whining again that you can't have free games :angry:
that will happen becuase they are on the çatest fw and they all think no need to block updates then they get updated on a random day and come back saying my wiiu updated itself lol just wait and see xD.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since it got leaked, I released the source on Github. For those wondering how it works, it's similar to gspwn on the 3DS. The Wii U GPU (the GX2) has direct access to RAM for various operations, and we can send it commands that make it write to RAM. Nintendo attempted to block some addresses from GPU access, but they forgot the PPC kernel heap. So I used a GX2 memory write to redirect the heap into userspace. That way, when a new OSDriver gets created, it gets made in userspace, and I can then just set its save area to the kernel syscall table. From then, it proceeds as the OSDriver exploit did.

Merzeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since it got leaked, I released the source on Github. For those wondering how it works, it's similar to gspwn on the 3DS. The Wii U GPU (the GX2) has direct access to RAM for various operations, and we can send it commands that make it write to RAM. Nintendo attempted to block some addresses from GPU access, but they forgot the PPC kernel heap. So I used a GX2 memory write to redirect the heap into userspace. That way, when a new OSDriver gets created, it gets made in userspace, and I can then just set its save area to the kernel syscall table. From then, it proceeds as the OSDriver exploit did.

I don't understand much of what is going on in this, but I find the similarities in vulns between 3DS and Wii U to be funny, on top of them sharing keys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol