Piluvr

Yeeeet
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know that this is not a vWii forum but is there a way to play wads through an app in the homebrew launcher on vWii without installing the wad?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I use this to have an only Wii wad on a virtual vWii while protecting my actual vWii?
Not that i know of.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What does Wii U games use? I heard GX2 some where here... Can't we let Wii games use it instead?
wiiu games use gx2 and all wiiu games run natively on GX2 while wii games and gc ones use GX, you cant just make them use GX2 since the librarys will not match same for the adresses and such so yeah if gx2 is totaly documented which it isnt at all at the moment then maybe you could modify games with a loader and use gx2 but that would probably be hard and complicated for a little diference most hd games look way better becuase they had lightning and dynamic shadows and smooth 60 fps gameplay the res alone doesnt make a game look better to probably be worth hundreds of hours of work and documentation imo.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It would be good to make a custom USB Loader to load Wii Games in at least 720p, Wii Emulation is possible and would be great :D ! , but the problem like everyone said is the GX2 GPU... well, maybe someday someone get interested in that area and MAYBE we can get Wii games at HD resolutions!.
I decrypted cafe2wii just for curiosity but I didn't understand so much about what it says :( ...

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It would be good to make a custom USB Loader to load Wii Games in at least 720p, Wii Emulation is possible and would be great :D ! , but the problem like everyone said is the GX2 GPU... well, maybe someday someone get interested in that area and MAYBE we can get Wii games at HD resolutions!.
I decrypted cafe2wii just for curiosity but I didn't understand so much about what it says :( ...
GC Games first plz.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It would be the same as Wii, since it uses the GX GPU :P ...
So, if we can get GameCube games at HD, Wii would be more or less the same I think...
Well... I don't know. Nobody knows right now really, we just need to wait < 1 Month to have the IOSU Exploit and THEN that someone tries to do it.
But you need to remember this, Super Smash Bros Melee it's not the same as Super Smash Bros Brawl to play it on HD.
Maybe we will be able to have this only on GC Games, maybe on both, probably we will never see this happening, but still.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well... I don't know. Nobody knows right now really, we just need to wait < 1 Month to have the IOSU Exploit and THEN that someone tries to do it.
But you need to remember this, Super Smash Bros Melee it's not the same as Super Smash Bros Brawl to play it on HD.
Maybe we will be able to have this only on GC Games, maybe on both, probably we will never see this happening, but still.
Of course I know that SSBB is not the same as SSBM, but I was referring to the GameCube emulation and Wii emulation, all of this assumptions are from what I readed, GameCube emulation should be possible because it has a 485MHz PowerPC CPU, the Broadway CPU is a PowerPC CPU too, just clocked 50% higher, and the Wii U has another PPC CPU with 3 cores, so emulating the Wii/GameCube CPU wouldn't be so much trouble.

In short words, what I'm trying to say is if we get a GameCube emulator for HD games, a Wii emulator can be done as well since the Wii is just an upgraded GameCube with few differences and Wii U CPU is a upgraded version of Wii's Broadway as well.

The real problem is the GPU, because games use GX (which is the equivalent to the Hollywood Wii GPU) and that means GX doesn't have HD capabilities.
The main Wii U GPU is GX2, but is a new arquitecture, and there appears the problems...
I don't know what to say about RAM, but since has part of Wii hardware and at least 32MB of eDRAM I don't think it would be so much trouble...
EDIT: I think it would be enough to take the 2 GB DDR3 and put some latency/reduce the bandwidth from 12.8GB/s to the Wii 5.6GB/s bandwidth... and use the rest of the Wii U hardware to simulate the Wii one, for example the 32MB for eDRAM and these things, but like I said, with the RAM part I could be (Is very probably) speaking bullshit .

Last edited by Goku Junior,

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i see there is a new webkit bug in the 3ds and wii u scene using a mp4 to trigger it, is more stable than the graphic libstagefright bug?

That is the libstagefright bug, it's just that ours isn't very stable for...reasons. I wanted to exploit it properly, and another teammate did a quick hack that worked but was unreliable.

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That is the libstagefright bug, it's just that ours isn't very stable for...reasons. I wanted to exploit it properly, and another teammate did a quick hack that worked but was unreliable.
Thanks for the answer, and thank you very much to you and your team for the hard work in the scene :) That gives me hope that the exploit can be more stable using the same bug, so in the 3ds, N didnt patch correctly the bug in the 10.2.0-28 version (same as the kernel exploit, and the homemenuhax, hope we run the same luck in the futures wii u fw when N try to patch them hehe)..

Where can I tune for updates about IOSU?
Just search Hykem post on this topic.

Last edited by joacosur15,

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello. Will there be possible in the future to run Wii games on hacked Wii U menu (not Wii) to get better resolution? I know it`s dumb question but still.

best

Last edited by n00b2015,

ThatTrueStruggle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Will there be possible in the future to run Wii games on hacked Wii U menu (not Wii) to get better resolution? I know it`s dumb question but still.

best

I don't think you could because Wii games weren't programmed with GX2 in mind, and I believe GX2 has different functions to use. So even if you did get Wii games to use GX2, it wouldn't run

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol