Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was basically asking for a description for what it is, so as to think of a name based on the first letters of each word in that description. I dunno. Right now, my mindset is " The Wii U is gonna be hacked, stay on 5.5, when it comes out, then catch myself up on everything Wii U hacking related"

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What output would this produce date -u +%F | sha1sum | head -c8; echo i was thinking 2015-12-31 but I don't know

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, small question to avoid making a new post: is there games you shouldn't buy or play to avoid a firmware update as of today? I was planning on buying super mario maker and play the other player's online levels, is there any risk related to it? Got a 5.5.0 Wii U right now and waiting for Hykem's IOSU exploit

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, small question to avoid making a new post: is there games you shouldn't buy or play to avoid a firmware update as of today? I was planning on buying super mario maker and play the other player's online levels, is there any risk related to it? Got a 5.5.0 Wii U right now and waiting for Hykem's IOSU exploit
if you are in 5.5.0, no game has a higher firmware, lol

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Pioneer2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

5.5.0. is the latest Firmware. So there shouldnt be a problem to play those games.
Just be sure to block the Updates from Nintendo.

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but sometimes games got updates, isn't there any risk of system update associated with it? Basically the question is: can I play today Super Mario Maker online safely?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

5.5.0. is the latest Firmware. So there shouldnt be a problem to play those games.
Just be sure to block the Updates from Nintendo.

Yeah since I did Tubehax DNS configuration, no risk right?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but sometimes games got updates, isn't there any risk of system update associated with it? Basically the question is: can I play today Super Mario Maker online safely?

yes no worries for now.

Pioneer2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Yeah since I did Tubehax DNS configuration, no risk right?

No risk, right.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Happy new year guys, last day was awesome, also @Marionumber1, what's harder:
Reverse-engineer cafe2wii to make Wii games in HD possible,
Or,
Wii emulation on Wii U(Isn't the Wii U powerful enough?)

Wii emulation on Wii U would be so stupid...

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy new year guys, last day was awesome, also @Marionumber1, what's harder:
Reverse-engineer cafe2wii to make Wii games in HD possible,
Or,
Wii emulation on Wii U(Isn't the Wii U powerful enough?)

Wii emulation on Wii U would be so stupid...

Depends on what you mean by emulation. Wii games could run on the PPC unmodified, but the way they interact with graphics hardware needs to be changed. The Wii U does have a GX, but this is the same hardware and probably can't support HD on its own. You'd likely have to do some weird configuration where you just emulate a GX in software at the register level (similar to how Dolphin does it). That being said, I'm not too familiar with the GX, so I may be wrong.

Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

You already can in vwii with yawmm
Ok thanks!

You already can in vwii with yawmm
I know that this is not a vWii forum but is there a way to play wads through an app in the homebrew launcher on vWii without installing the wad?

well to be fair i dont know either , but surely its crediar subtly inferring hes working on a UNEEK for wiiU and thinking on naming it UNEK , this could be way off the mark .. but its seems like hes suggesting this.
Can I use this to have an only Wii wad on a virtual vWii while protecting my actual vWii?

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Depends on what you mean by emulation. Wii games could run on the PPC unmodified, but the way they interact with graphics hardware needs to be changed. The Wii U does have a GX, but this is the same hardware and probably can't support HD on its own. You'd likely have to do some weird configuration where you just emulate a GX in software at the register level (similar to how Dolphin does it). That being said, I'm not too familiar with the GX, so I may be wrong.
What does Wii U games use? I heard GX2 some where here... Can't we let Wii games use it instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...