Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi just bought a brand new wiiu, am i best to not update it and leave it as is , i bought it in hope that there would be a expliot in the future , do you think anything will happen with the wiiu anytime soon ?

thanks

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi just bought a brand new wiiu, am i best to not update it and leave it as is , i bought it in hope that there would be a expliot in the future , do you think anything will happen with the wiiu anytime soon ?

thanks

The kernal exploit is close to release. The best thing to do is to update it with a mario kart 8 game disc (borrow one from a friend of you don't have one). You can play around with the current exploit and the coming kernal exploit.

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for DEVS. When an exploit is made for future versions, will building a page that runs the exploit for 4.1.0 use the exploit for 5.1.1-5.3.2?

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current exploit (and the kernal exploit) work on 4.0.0-5.1.0
An exploit will be made for 5.3.2 after the kernal.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The kernal exploit is close to release. The best thing to do is to update it with a mario kart 8 game disc (borrow one from a friend of you don't have one). You can play around with the current exploit and the coming kernal exploit.

In the future, when you recommend people update via disc, please add a note about NOT updating with valid network setting installed(enabled) and/or being online and connected to the internet. You want to make sure people do NOT fully update to the most recent,current version accidentally.

D

Deleted User

Heres an idea, why don't we get someone to just make a quick shitty eshop game and hide an exploit in it.
With Nintendo accepting crap like "The Letter" and "Meme Run" it should be fairly easy to get it accepted.
Probably a stupid idea but it may be worth a shot if its a possibility.

Reactions: Kelton2

natiels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres an idea, why don't we get someone to just make a quick shitty eshop game and hide an exploit in it.
With Nintendo accepting crap like "The Letter" and "Meme Run" it should be fairly easy to get it accepted.
The dev kit you get for making the eshop apps probably forces an umbrella exception handler that covers the whole app. Im not sure about this, but seems like something they would have thought of.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The dev kit you get for making the eshop apps probably forces an umbrella exception handler that covers the whole app. Im not sure about this, but seems like something they would have thought of.

They've definitely thought about this. Bad games don't give us exploit. If they did Sonic Boom would have enabled piracy somehow.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've definitely thought about this. Bad games don't give us exploit. If they did Sonic Boom would have enabled piracy somehow.
Ya nintendo isnt stupid, im sure they implemented some pretty effective security into the dev kit in terms of eshop development. Of course, nothings "unhackable" per se, but i dont see the point of an eshop based exploit, as nintendo would just remove it almost immediately. I think what Marionumber1 and NWPlayer123 are doing (web based exploits) are our best bet tbh

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ya nintendo isnt stupid, im sure they implemented some pretty effective security into the dev kit in terms of eshop development. Of course, nothings "unhackable" per se, but i dont see the point of an eshop based exploit, as nintendo would just remove it almost immediately. I think what Marionumber1 and NWPlayer123 are doing (web based exploits) are our best bet tbh

Oh definitely. We should just let them focus on that. There's no point looking elsewhere, really.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Not sure if you are joking or not...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if you are joking or not...

I think hes very serious and tbh sounds quite a good idea in reality but I would bet my granny Nintendo vets all there e-shop material before its released on the site so anything like that does not happen!. Also lets face facts, if it was as easy as that I'm sure someone would of done that time ago with Nintendo's e-shop predecessors within the market! :)

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hes very serious and tbh sounds quite a good idea in reality but I would bet my granny Nintendo vets all there e-shop material before its released on the site so anything like that does not happen!. Also lets face facts, if it was as easy as that I'm sure someone would of done that time ago with Nintendo's e-shop predecessors within the market! :)
Webkit is a much better attack vector imo anyways, because anyone with the ability to set up a webserver can host an exploit and the end user just has to point their wii u web browser at the right url to run it. Not to mention the webkit is open source and buggy as ever ;)

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Webkit is a much better attack vector imo anyways, because anyone with the ability to set up a webserver can host an exploit and the end user just has to point their wii u web browser at the right url to run it. Not to mention the webkit is open source and buggy as ever ;)

Only problem is its userland permissions. But it sounds like we've found a way...

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem is its userland permissions. But it sounds like we've found a way...
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the kernel exploit is initially triggered from the web browser using the current webkit exploit. Then somehow (not going to ask for details, we dont want ninty patching it right away) privileges are escalated to kernel access on the Espresso ;). Much like what Chadderz and beanz did for their MK8 modding...

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the kernel exploit is initially triggered from the web browser using the current webkit exploit. Then somehow (not going to ask for details, we dont want ninty patching it right away) privileges are escalated to kernel access on the Espresso ;). Much like what Chadderz and beanz did for their MK8 modding...

I believe yes, I'm not the right person to ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY