Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, that explains that, very wierd. Then there is nothing I can do about it really...

Perhaps you could change where it obtains the Title IDs from.

Check the version number in this this link:
https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/EUR/EU/latest_version or https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/USA/US/latest_version for US users, then append that version number to the end of this URL: https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/EUR/EU/list/972.versionlist

That would keep it up to date all of the time.

Reactions: Adr990

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you could change where it obtains the Title IDs from.

Check the version number in this this link:
https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/EUR/EU/latest_version or https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/USA/US/latest_version for US users, then append that version number to the end of this URL: https://tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net/tagaya/versionlist/EUR/EU/list/972.versionlist

That would keep it up to date all of the time.

I was thinking the same if it's possible. This is how I get my version numbers from now on... Until Ninty patches it or finds anew way to present version numbers to the console at least... Right now I feel like everything we do is temporary until Ninty changes things up on us haha.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just downloaded Yoshi's Island DS from eShop which was released directly after the April 1st Direct where they announced it, no updates and still uses rom.zip :< guess we got bigger problems.
I could probably find a way to patch the string to "rom.nds" and add a branch to skip the zip parsing code and jump directly to the NDS/SRL loading. @golden45 any plans in the near future to add code patching at launch to Cafiine?
Just made a ndsinject exe based on yoshis island pal, maybe that works for this too ;) Made it just like the gba one so the newer tcpgecko is needed. Would be cool if you would let me know the address it thinks the nds header is at, maybe its just static everywhere.
The .zip file content btw differs from the actual .nds file you find in RAM so theres some sort of modification involved additionally to the compression.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just made a ndsinject exe based on yoshis island pal, maybe that works for this too ;) Made it just like the gba one so the newer tcpgecko is needed. Would be cool if you would let me know the address it thinks the nds header is at, maybe its just static everywhere.
The .zip file content btw differs from the actual .nds file you find in RAM so theres some sort of modification involved additionally to the compression.
I would have ago if someone would kindly make me a html version up of the new tcpgecko :D

Last edited by Reecey,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would have ago if someone would kindly make me a html version up :D
you have a nds vc rm with .nds wich is better thant ram injecting since with cafiine filesize doesnt matter so you should stick with that brain age .nds and cafiine this is for those that dont.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
you have a nds vc rm with .nds wich is better thant ram injecting since with cafiine filesize doesnt matter so you should stick with that brain age .nds and cafiine this is for those that dont.

also this is a tool there is no html.
Yeah I know. I just wanted to have a go also you need the new tcpgecko driver version to run it of his webpage ;)

Edit:also with his app you might be able to run more roms that I cannot with rom.nds, who knows until we have tested it for him.

Last edited by Reecey,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
impressive! thanks a lot :)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around in memory a few times with Squeak Squad, nothing concrete though, thought the same thing. Yoshi's Island DS gave me 2ad73880 but it did this weird flickering halfway through and when I exited out of the "suspend point resumed" window it was frozen :< Tried sending Spectrobes 1 which is 64MB

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've looked around in memory a few times with Squeak Squad, nothing concrete though, thought the same thing. Yoshi's Island DS gave me 2ad73880 but it did this weird flickering halfway through and when I exited out of the "suspend point resumed" window it was frozen :< Tried sending Spectrobes 1 which is 64MB
well to properly inject with this tool you need to open up the vc menu with R, then send over the file and reset the game. Also yoshis island is only 32MB and since the game only allocated that much for it using 64MB will result in not so great things ;) Also that address is the same as the pal one whatever that means heh.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well to properly inject with this tool you need to open up the vc menu with R, then send over the file and reset the game. Also yoshis island is only 32MB and since the game only allocated that much for it using 64MB will result in not so great things ;) Also that address is the same as the pal one whatever that means heh.
That works wayyyy better. Here's Yoshi's Island DS and then Squeak Squad (which is also 64MB).
NDSInject.png

Snapshot_20151012_170014.jpg

EDIT: Also, here's the latest version I have of TCPGecko, should work with all existing applications (minus some minor pyGecko stuff I need to replace) including FSA. Can't test any of them because I'm not on 5.3.2-, but it works great on my end.

Last edited by NWPlayer123,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94
How do I use the server-sided search function in the gecko codehandler? I want to give it a starting address and two subsequent integer values that are being searched. It doesn't seem to work that way with your code, does it?
Code:
int addr = ((int *) buffer)[0];
int val = ((int *) buffer)[1];
int size = ((int *) buffer)[2];
Client-sided searching obviously is terrible, lol.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94
How do I use the server-sided search function in the gecko codehandler? I want to give it a starting address and two subsequent integer values that are being searched. It doesn't seem to work that way with your code, does it?
Code:
int addr = ((int *) buffer)[0];
int val = ((int *) buffer)[1];
int size = ((int *) buffer)[2];
You cant search for 2 values at the same time no. This is a single operation 32bit integer search but it only takes a few seconds so it should be no big deal if a value is found to just read out that address+4 and see if that is equal to your second value.
Oh, and before I forget, I created a new git project for a global wiiu vc inject exe supporting SNES, GBA and NDS if somebody missed that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's searching the values directly on WiiU?
TCPGecko cheatcode search could then speed up when searching 32bit values? there's probably no gecko dot net update to use that feature, but that would be faster to list only the found results instead of dumping the full RAM range and search on the PC.

or I misunderstood that new search32 function.

Reactions: Margen67

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm running local host for browser exploit,my wii u doesnt have internet access, i'm on 5.3.2 but every time i want to launch exploit my wii u just freeze
whats the problem?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could loadiine (and probably possible with cafiine) be used to trigger savegame exploit ?
Just a supposition that a savegame exploit could be used to reboot/do a better/easier/more stable Kexploit, etc.
Saves couldn't be accessed/edited before, and we couldn't analyze or edit them. But now it can be loaded from external (or maybe even from internal if loadiine can redirect the save to internal)

there's probably no use to load Loadiine or cafiine Kexploit to do another Kexploit, but that would only be proof of concept.
Kexploit launched from a game instead of webbrowser.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could loadiine (and probably possible with cafiine) be used to trigger savegame exploit ?
Just a supposition that a savegame exploit could be used to reboot/do a better/easier/more stable Kexploit, etc.
Saves couldn't be accessed/edited before, and we couldn't analyze or edit them. But now it can be loaded from external (or maybe even from internal if loadiine can redirect the save to internal)

there's probably no use to load Loadiine or cafiine Kexploit to do another Kexploit, but that would only be proof of concept.
Kexploit launched from a game instead of webbrowser.
Cafiine would need to patch SAVE functions too, basically the entire nn_save library. Save files are only loaded through that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That works wayyyy better. Here's Yoshi's Island DS and then Squeak Squad (which is also 64MB).
NDSInject.png

Snapshot_20151012_170014.jpg

EDIT: Also, here's the latest version I have of TCPGecko, should work with all existing applications (minus some minor pyGecko stuff I need to replace) including FSA. Can't test any of them because I'm not on 5.3.2-, but it works great on my end.
so any chance cafiine can be patched so we can run nds files without being worried by rom size?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, so you loaded a 64MB ROM over a 32MB ROM and it worked? :huh:

Also, what are the differences between your TCPGecko and FIX94's pyGecko?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or if i have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...