Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How is tubehax dns setup? Is it somthing I can host on my own server?
no idea.
Just downloaded Yoshi's Island DS from eShop which was released directly after the April 1st Direct where they announced it, no updates and still uses rom.zip :< guess we got bigger problems.
I could probably find a way to patch the string to "rom.nds" and add a branch to skip the zip parsing code and jump directly to the NDS/SRL loading. @golden45 any plans in the near future to add code patching at launch to Cafiine?

EDIT: Nintendo pls
NintendoPls.png
yeah for some reason cafiine cant stop the the ds VC long enought to replace the file so it checks for hashes now?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just downloaded Yoshi's Island DS from eShop which was released directly after the April 1st Direct where they announced it, no updates and still uses rom.zip :< guess we got bigger problems.
I could probably find a way to patch the string to "rom.nds" and add a branch to skip the zip parsing code and jump directly to the NDS/SRL loading. @golden45 any plans in the near future to add code patching at launch to Cafiine?

EDIT: Nintendo pls
NintendoPls.png
Yeah I thought that maybe the case, shame but on the bright side like you say seen as though you are a coder you probably will be able to sort something out. I can't myself I'm just not that clever enough to know what I am looking at. If you need a full dump of the original Brain Training and you think that may help you then please let me know I was about to PM you the link but I have just noticed I have deleted of mega so I will have to re-dump it again but no problems if you need it.

Last edited by Reecey,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did update and now I have error code 160 - 0105
Edit: error throws only on smash. All other games works fine

How did you download your update? NUSgrabber command line or GUI? GUI has issues. If you used command line, what's the full command you gave with or without arguments (ei version number at the end)?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of both. I used the wii u console

Are you using the spoofer or are you on 5.5? I'm a bit confused. You can't update via eShop if you're spoofing. You need to use NUSgrabber, transfer the udpate to your SD card and install via WUP Installer if you're on 5.3.2. If you're on 5.5 it should update normally from eShop.

lianky

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey all, my apologies if this has been asked before but even by researching, I haven't found anything clearly relevant. Is there any hope of 5.4 or 5.5 wiiu firmware being exploited ?

Reactions: Simonwayneee

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm on 5.5
well then its not really relevant to "hacking and homebrew"....its just a issue with your wiiu, or your connection
Hey all, my apologies if this has been asked before but even by researching, I haven't found anything clearly relevant. Is there any hope of 5.4 or 5.5 wiiu firmware being exploited ?
yeah both 5.4 and 5.5 are known to be exploitable....but if/when those exploits will be released is a crystal ball question.....5.4 exploit will likely come before 5.5 anyway, so if your on 5.4 block updates, if your on 5.5 block updates too as the next FW update will likely block the current 5.5 entry point

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: BIFFTAZ and lianky

lianky

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well then its not really relevant to "hacking and homebrew"....its just a issue with your wiiu, or your connection

yeah both 5.4 and 5.5 are known to be exploitable....but if/when those exploits will be released is a crystal ball question.....5.4 exploit will likely come before 5.5 anyway, so if your on 5.4 block updates, if your on 5.5 block updates too as the next FW update will likely block the current 5.5 entry point

Great, I appreciate your reply, I'll just block updates and keep patient :)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not downloading the latest update for some titles (SSB for example downloads v80, but latest is 176 for US). It may have been resolved in a later revision, but I've just been using command line ever since that issue.
That should never have happend.

It just grabs the Title ID form WiiUBrew, and if "Latest" is selected it will only send that to NUSGrabber from Crediar.
I cannot imagine any issue's, which version is the latest for EUR? I'll do some testing.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should never have happend.

It just grabs the Title ID form WiiUBrew, and if "Latest" is selected it will only send that to NUSGrabber from Crediar.
I cannot imagine any issue's, which version is the latest for EUR? I'll do some testing.

Well, WiiUBrew's title listing is not up to date, so it is happening. I think EUR is also 176 same as US right now.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, WiiUBrew's title listing is not up to date, so it is happening.
No.

If you do not enter a version number, NUSGrabber from Crediar will get the latest version.

If you select "Latest" in my GUI I do not send a version number to the NUSGrabber from Crediar. Only the TitleID.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

If you do not enter a version number, NUSGrabber from Crediar will get the latest version.

If you select "Latest" in my GUI I do not send a version number to the NUSGrabber from Crediar. Only the TitleID.

I'm just telling you what everyone else experienced man. When update 160 was out, the GUI was grabbing version 80 even after it was out for quite a while. Since then I've just been using command line, but it seems people are also getting version 160 now instead of 176 if they don't leave the argument in there in GUI and/or CLI.

I'd rather not waste an hour installing an update that's really an older version, so I'm just putting in the latest everytime now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: