Hacking Wii-U Elf Files

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is the difference between self-hosting ur own files (i.e. clicking on a link to initiate an exploit) and storing the elf file(s) on the sd card? is that just to load the elf files from the homebrew launcher? I was trying to download artwork with loadiine, but it would never download anything making me think my loadiine is outdated or something. I'm trying to get loadiine and the initial exploit to work as often as possible along with downloading box artwork. those r my two main goals. I'm on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 btw. thanks!

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is the difference between self-hosting ur own files (i.e. clicking on a link to initiate an exploit) and storing the elf file(s) on the sd card? is that just to load the elf files from the homebrew launcher? I was trying to download artwork with loadiine, but it would never download anything making me think my loadiine is outdated or something. I'm trying to get loadiine and the initial exploit to work as often as possible along with downloading box artwork. those r my two main goals. I'm on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 btw. thanks!

Did you follow @Cyan 's instructions?
Everything and all links are already provided in Loadiine's first post guide.
can someone tell me why did I spent my time to write something nobody read already?

• + on wiimote will download from gametdb.com, you need to proper TitleID6 for WiiU games or titleID4 for VC games set in your folder or meta.xml
• you can download manually all covers at once from gametdb.com if you want and extract on SD card. (grab the english package first, and then complete/overwrite with other language if you want or you'll miss a lot)
• if a cover is missing, you can contribute to gametdb and help other users getting it
• if you have/want a custom cover, you can post in the thread Reecey gave above.

There is a HUGE list of options for web based exploits:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-web-hosts-for-homebrew-exploit.429943/

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though, I still don't understand y no artwork was downloaded. I'll switch to the homebrew launcher method in a couple days.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though, I still don't understand y no artwork was downloaded. I'll switch to the homebrew launcher method in a couple days.

If you are sure you have the folders named correctly, you can use a nightly build to seeing that will work for you or install them manually.

Nightly builds:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases

Manual download:
You can manually download and copy the game covers on your SD card.
There are Full WiiU cover packs available, don't download them one by one if you have a lot of games.
Gametdb.net -> WiiU -> WiiU downloads -> Wii U Covers -> 3D covers -> click on a flag to download the covers in that corresponding language.

Note that only the English pack contains all the covers.
If you download the French pack, and a cover is not present in french, it will not include the English cover.
Download EN pack first, then your language and merge the pack to get full available covers.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,
Reactions: veraci_00

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try one of the nightly builds. my loadiine may be outdated, not sure which version I'm running really. however, it looks like 4.0. the manual download option would take too long for me, so I'll try the automatic download method with the nightly build.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The installation and launching method was probably a little confusing so I just updated it.
it was still using the "old loadiine 4.0" (not Loadiine GX2) informations.

old loadiine wasn't released in a "homebrew launcher" format, and could either be sent by the exploit webpage or loaded from SD card.
the "sent by the webpage" method was useful for developers who didn't have to eject the SD card every time a new version was build. This method had to "send" 4MB of data (the executable) so it was long to launch after patching the kernel.
the "SD card" method was useful for end users who didn't need to replace the file that often, and the 4MB was already on the SD card so the launch was very fast, only the kernel patch was done by the webpage.

With the new loadiine GX2 :
There's NO MORE online method.
All loadiine executable are released in "elf" format, which is used by the homebrew launcher and NEED to be placed on the SD card.

So, the installation is very easy :
copy the homebrew launcher to SD card.
copy loadiine GX2 to SD card.
Done !

and the launch is as easy :
- visit a website (or host your own)
- choose whether you want to launch the homebrew launcher and select loadiine from here, or loadiine directly bypassing the homebrew launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...