Wii U copy games from PC to ext HD

fakiee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a simple guide on copying Wii U Roms from a PC to a Wii U HD?

I've seen a few YouTube vidoes on using USB loader(?) and read some guides which for me seem to get really complicated as Wii and GameCube stuff is getting mixed in.

From what I gather each game needs to be done individually as opposed to dumping a bunch of roms?

Thanks for the help and happy new year.

(BTW I was in the process of CBHK my WIi U yesterday and went to finish up today only to find the webpage gone and replaced with Tirimasu, bonus!!)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I've seen a few YouTube vidoes on using USB loader(?) and read some guides which for me seem to get really complicated as Wii and GameCube stuff is getting mixed in.

From what I gather each game needs to be done individually as opposed to dumping a bunch of roms?

Thanks for the help and happy new year.

(BTW I was in the process of CBHK my WIi U yesterday and went to finish up today only to find the webpage gone and replaced with Tirimasu, bonus!!)
1. Wii U doesn't use ROMs
2. You can't transfer games onto a HDD on a PC directly. You have to put them in the install folder on the SD card and use WUP Installer GX2 to install them.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

- Try and find a Site in the World Wide Web with Wii U "Roms" in WUP compatible Format please.
(Good Luck,but there are still some out there....)

- Get Wii U USB Helper & Wii U USB Helper Launcher from the World Wide Web please.
(Follow the Instructions from there,it is not legal so we can not help you further....sorry)

- Use a Big regular SD Card (256 - 512 GB) please.
(The Wii U "Roms" in WUP compatible Format you got with the Wii U USB Helper can now transferred to the SD Card)

- Use your modded Wii U please,a new,blank USB HDD (with an Y-Cable Connection if possible),your SD Card Full with Wii U "Roms" and the WUP Installer GX2 to install the Wii U "Roms" now to the USB HDD.

Good Luck.😊

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
BTW, I am working on a tool to allow writing to WiiU USB (writing capabilities for wfslib). It is a lot of work and I don't have an ETA.

With that it may be possible to install games from backups directly from PC. But I think that a ticket is still required to be installed on the system partition. I am not sure if there is a CFW payload to allow running games that a ticket wasn't installed at all on the system partition. Does anyone have any insight about it?

Reactions: fakiee and ber71

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
BTW, I am working on a tool to allow writing to WiiU USB (writing capabilities for wfslib). It is a lot of work and I don't have an ETA.

With that it may be possible to install games from backups directly from PC. But I think that a ticket is still required to be installed on the system partition. I am not sure if there is a CFW payload to allow running games that a ticket wasn't installed at all on the system partition. Does anyone have any insight about it?
Maybe @V10lator can help you,his awesome NUSspli Wii U Tool
can download and install directly on/to the Wii U on USB.😉

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

afaik, a ticket is still required. plus, the game must be indexed, which I don't know much about.

Reactions: EyeKey

fakiee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

- Try and find a Site in the World Wide Web with Wii U "Roms" in WUP compatible Format please.

- Get Wii U USB Helper & Wii U USB Helper Launcher from the World Wide Web please.
(Follow the Instructions from there,it is not legal so we can not help you further....sorry)

(The Wii U "Roms" in WUP compatible Format you got with the Wii U USB Helper can now transferred to the SD Card)

- Use your modded Wii U please,a new,blank USB HDD (with an Y-Cable Connection if possible),your SD Card Full with Wii U "Roms" and the WUP Installer GX2 to install the Wii U "Roms" now to the USB HDD.

Good Luck.😊

Very helpful, thankyou!

When I said ROMS just meant the game file as I don't know what Wii U games are!

There are a few NZBs and magnets still out there with popular games, etc.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good Luck.😊

You don't need a 256 - 512 gb sd card, unless you feel like you have to install all the games at one time. The biggest Wii U game is somewhere between 20 and 30 gb so you just need a 32 gb card. A 256 - 512 gb external hard drive would be good for a lot of games, or even bigger if you prefer.

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
afaik, a ticket is still required. plus, the game must be indexed, which I don't know much about.
Ok thanks. Interesting.. I now wonder if it is possible to write a payload that will load/index any game. It probably can help with fat32 support too. Maybe one day I will give it a shot.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. Interesting.. I now wonder if it is possible to write a payload that will load/index any game. It probably can help with fat32 support too. Maybe one day I will give it a shot.
I'm not sure where all the information is recorded. I'd be interested if you find out. I think the barista file as well as wara wara plaze, saves, and the normal usr location. there may be others, but I'm not sure. this is an area of the wii u I know little about. I think @dimok had fat32 support for mocha, but it required the game be installed first, then moved over to fat32; in other words, a major pita. lol ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall where the user barista file is location, but there's a file called BaristaIconDatabase.dat, which I'm assuming records where the cursor was when you open a folder or shut the game off. it might also record the order of stuff, both are just guesses. I checked two versions of the files, and they were nearly identical hex comparison wise, but there were like four bytes or so difference, which is why I assume it's the cursor.

Reactions: EyeKey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1