• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,380
  • Replies 44
D

Deleted_171835

OP
QhDn2.png

Video Product Distributors – the same company that supplies stock to Amazon and Blockbuster – has posted up SKU, price and release date information for Wii U in North America.

WIIU SYSTEM – GM – 11/11/12 $249.99
WIIU SYSTEM W/ – GM – 11/11/12 $299.99
WIIU SYSTEM 349 W/ – GM – 11/11/12 $349.99

There are three different bundles, no details on what they contain though.

http://www.vg247.com...-249-price-tag/

$250 is not bad at all. I won't be getting it at launch, though.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
$250 would be great although I really wouldn't bite still. Being within a $50 striking range though of current competition is scary.
Once again, that doesn't matter since in the long-run, the Wii U will be competing with the PS4/720. Not the PS360.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$250 would be great although I really wouldn't bite still. Being within a $50 striking range though of current competition is scary.
Once again, that doesn't matter since in the long-run, the Wii U will be competing with the PS4/720. Not the PS360.

But it won't have to compete for a year, so right now it's very, very relevant. In about 2013/2014 this will be a larger factor.

Also I actually give a thumbs up in disguise to the Wii U and you still don't like my comment. I frown.

Reactions: 6 people

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the "w/" bundles are for the WiiU Pro Controller, that's one expensive controller. It's getting to the level of other controllers' pricing.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
But it won't have to compete for a year, so right now it's very, very relevant. In about 2013/2014 this will be a larger factor.

Also I actually give a thumbs up in disguise to the Wii U and you still don't like my comment. I frown.
If you follow sales charts, you'll realize that the PS3 and 360 are on a steep decline in terms of sales (PS3 moreso than the 360). They're effectively at the end of their life and don't pose much of a threat to the Wii U.

Reactions: 2 people

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Great, now we'll have to examine your posts much more carefully.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't what the consumers would end up paying, it's for distributors (The website with the rumored prices is for distributors).
$300 is the lowest it can go for in stores.

Also this should be marked as rumor, the release date is questionable since Paper Mario is launching then.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

OP
This isn't what the consumers would end up paying, it's for distributors (The website with the rumored prices is for distributors).

Also this should be marked as rumor because the release date is questionable since Paper Mario is launching then.
I'm pretty sure those are MSRPs, not the price the systems are sold to stores.

And Paper Mario is a handheld 3DS game. I highly doubt that would conflict with the release of a home console.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

Also this should be marked as rumor because the release date is questionable since Paper Mario is launching then.
I'm pretty sure those are MSRPs, not the price the systems are sold to stores.

Yes it clearly says "Retail Price"

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like it. :)

No, not because I believe a word of it. Big shot stock supply company or not, this is just a guesstimate. Don't get your hopes up.

The good part, however, is because there was this conference by nintendo planned somewhere next week (sorry, no link...I only remembered it because I'm on a holiday then). these sorts of templates from major stock supply companies are a clear signal that they want to know the retail price and release date ASAP. This is like saying "ey, nintendo...we're ready when you are! :) ".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo