Homebrew Wii to WiiU: a painless upgrade?

Deleted member 553148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Just a quick feedback: is it easy and fast to move a Wii/GC collection of game roms over to WiiU?
I currently have a very well set up Wii, with Hackmii, USB Loader GX, Nintendont and a USB drive full of games.
I'm loving it, but WiiUs are dirt cheap right now, and native HD output and external pad sound nice.
Can my Wii setup be recreated without effort on the new console? Or I will need to patch each game and other time-consuming chores?

(Not concerned with the WiiU part here, I know it's fairly straightforward)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick feedback: is it easy and fast to move a Wii/GC collection of game roms over to WiiU?
I currently have a very well set up Wii, with Hackmii, USB Loader GX, Nintendont and a USB drive full of games.
I'm loving it, but WiiUs are dirt cheap right now, and native HD output and external pad sound nice.
Can my Wii setup be recreated without effort on the new console? Or I will need to patch each game and other time-consuming chores?

(Not concerned with the WiiU part here, I know it's fairly straightforward)
Depends on the setup you want. If your just transferring GC Wii games should be easy. I have a external HDD split between FAT32 and NTFS so I don't have to split my Wii ISO's. Library wise it's as easy as copying and pasting everything to the right place (GC to the games folder Wii games to their respective folder). First you need to hack the vWii. Then just transfer your stuff and install USBLoader GX. You can even install a forwarder on the Wii U menu to use the GamePad with USBLoader GX and play games with it. Any covers or cheats need to be redownloaded using the built in downloader or you need to transfer them over and change the folders to the right place in the Paths menu. Any EmuNAND stuff will not work, and EmuNAND is finicky at best on Wii U, so you are limited in space for WADs.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I might consider getting another Wii U for Double Dash 8 Player LAN.
Or MKWii 12 Player LAN.
To play MKWii with more players on LAN, you need at least three setups.

Double Dash is the only Mario Kart to date that supports four way splitscreen in netplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.