USB Storage for WiiU and Wii/GC games (2022)

TehLinkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
Is there a 2022 recommendation for USB storage for WiiU and Wii/GC games? I know that I can either install the Wii/GC games to the same place as the WiiU games if I convert them to the WiiU format or get 2 drives and keep the WiiU games and the Wii/GC games separate.

But let's say I wanted 2 different storage devices one for WiiU and the other for Wii/GC games. Should I get 2 slim USB thumb drives like this? Or is it better to get the conventional SSD external drives?
Also is it better to just convert the GC and Wii stuff so it will install on the WiiU drive or do most people have 2 drives? Thanks for all the answers/feedback.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Personal opinion:

a single external hard drive (for wii, Gamecube and wii U games), 1 TB or even 2 TB with a Y cable.

after all depends on what you want to put there as games?
I'm not for USB keys, very often they freeze with the Wii U (I'm not the only one to say this), because the USB ports of the Wii U lack power to power the USB keys.

TehLinkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Personal opinion:

a single external hard drive (for wii, Gamecube and wii U games), 1 TB or even 2 TB with a Y cable.

after all depends on what you want to put there as games?
I'm not for USB keys, very often they freeze with the Wii U (I'm not the only one to say this), because the USB ports of the Wii U lack power to power the USB keys.
Coolio, that's what I'll do, I have a 1TB with a Y cable, and that should do all i need, and I'll just make injectables of all the Wii and GC games I wanna play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.