Help with upgrading Wii U external storage

ultradens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Recently some of my Wii U game disk stopped Working,so I decided to start backing them up with wudd but I didn t have enough space in my tiny usb stick.I decided to upgrade it with a hard drive but after some research I found out that there were some constraints such as the hard drive had to be plugged in with an external source of power to work correctly or that the maximum was 2 terabyte or the wiiu won’t recognize it,or apparently some compatibility issues with some hard drives.

thejaso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hard drives are the way to go. Yes there is a 2tb limit to the hdd and it needs to have a dedicated power supply or you need a y cable to take both slots to power a nonpowered HDD. You can get a larger HDD then 2tb, but the Wii U will format it and only use 2tb. All in all there really are not that many constraints about the HDD itself just what will be usable by the Wii U

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd recommend the following:

2tb samsung 870 evo SSD (can get refurb to save money from amazon or geek squad)
ugreen usb 3.0 enclosure (not the one with usb-c port)
cable matters usb 3.0 y-cable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol