New to CFW on WiiU, I need some assistance please..

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Installed CFW on my WiiU and everything seems to be fine but have a few concerns/questions.

When selecting and launching Mii maker channel, it’ll launch Homebrew and If I tap on the home button it’ll launch Mii channel. Is it possible to only launch the Mii maker channel when I select and launch Mii maker channel? I already have the homebrew launcher app on the Home Screen.

Can I link a NID after installing CFW? I am having trouble registering a Mii and linking NID.

I went with USB 1TB HDD storage method storing and launching WiiU, Wii and GameCube games from WiiU menu.

I installed a few GameCube games after converting/building game file with tecon moon and when I launch a GC game from WiiU menu. I get the option to play the GC games with the game pad and the second option requires a Wii controller and I don’t have one. Gamepad works fine and is awesome for some games but how can I use the WiiU pro controller or a original GC controller? To play Wii and GC games?

Id appreciate any help/information, thank you.

Trophies
XP
I take it you installed either Tiramisu / Aroma?

1: Yes you can disable Mii Maker HBL by deleting the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file. CFW will work like normal, just without touching the Mii Maker.

2: Yes you can still link an NNID. If you're having issues it's not because of the CFW. If you're using Pretendo, disable it to make a regular NNID.

3: For injects I'm not sure it's possible to use Pro Controller. You can use the Pro Controller on Nintendont if all you want is GameCube emulation though.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I installed tiramisu.
Awesome a simple file delete, thank you.
Where can I find pretendo to disable it?
What’s required for Nintendont to run? Will I need a separate storage device?

Trophies
XP
Download boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml and put it in the directory SD:/apps/Nintendont/

Once you do that, download this .zip file. Then extract the contents to SD:/install and use something like WUP Installer or NUSspli to install the forawrder.

Once you're done Nintendont should be properly set up and all that would be left to do is put your GameCube .iso files on your SD Card ( or USB Storage Device ).

EX : SD:/games/[GameName]/game.iso

btw the .iso actually needs to be named game.iso so name the Folder the name of the game, not the .iso

Last edited by Deleted member 571007,
Reactions: Qeality

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You already have Nintendont, else GC injects wouldn't work. I would NOT recommend to put the .isos on the SD card and launch them manually but keep it like you have it (injects).

To play with a GC controller just connect the controller to the USB adapter, then connect the adapter to the Wii U and start the inject (shouldn't matter what option you select when getting asked if you want to use the gamepad).

//EDIT: Pro controllers should work the same way. In case they don't put one single .iso file on the SD card like described above, launch vWii, launch Nintendont from there and change the settings. Start the .iso after changing the settings or they won't get saved. Now reboot into Wii U mode and try your injected game again.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml and put it in the directory SD:/apps/Nintendont/

Once you do that, download this .zip file. Then extract the contents to SD:/install and use something like WUP Installer or NUSspli to install the forawrder.

Once you're done Nintendont should be properly set up and all that would be left to do is put your GameCube .iso files on your SD Card ( or USB Storage Device ).

EX : SD:/games/[GameName]/game.iso

btw the .iso actually needs to be named game.iso so name the Folder the name of the game, not the .iso

I am going to give this a try later this evening but thought since I am using one storage device that’s been formatted for the WiiU. I don’t think I will be able to plug in my USB HDD to my computer to transfer game.iso, How can I transfer folder with game.iso from the front slot SD to the USB HDD?
Post automatically merged:

You already have Nintendont, else GC injects wouldn't work. I would NOT recommend to put the .isos on the SD card and launch them manually but keep it like you have it (injects).

To play with a GC controller just connect the controller to the USB adapter, then connect the adapter to the Wii U and start the inject (shouldn't matter what option you select when getting asked if you want to use the gamepad).

//EDIT: Pro controllers should work the same way. In case they don't put one single .iso file on the SD card like described above, launch vWii, launch Nintendont from there and change the settings. Start the .iso after changing the settings or they won't get saved. Now reboot into Wii U mode and try your injected game again.

Okay so.. I guess i will not be doing that. When the option comes up if i want to use game pad or not. When I select no it asks me to connect to a Wii control and I am unable to run the game till I connect one. Also I would like to use a GameCube control eventually but only have a WiiU pro controller. Am I able to use that?

Edit: Okay so no matter what I’ll need a Wii controller and mod vWii.. ill have give this a shot after I find a Wii controller.
Thank you

Am I gonna be able to launch the game.iso from front slot SD card when I am in nintendont?
Post automatically merged:

I will give this a shot. Will I be able to launch game.iso from front slot SD card when I am in nintendont?

Last edited by Qeality,

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. Like I've said before Injects aren't my strong suit so I admit I'm usually a bit misinformed on the subject. Thanks for the correction.

Ill be giving what V10lator said a shot But before I do. Do you know if i can launch a GC game from front port SD slot when i am in nitendont?

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer using a USB flash drive or external HDD than using an SD card.

The thing is, I went with one storage device to store all my games, WiiU, Wii and gamecube. Will i have to use a separate storage device? I’d prefer to stick with one and launch all my games from one.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is, I went with one storage device to store all my games, WiiU, Wii and gamecube. Will i have to use a separate storage device? I’d prefer to stick with one and launch all my games from one.
Use your SD card for homebrew apps and either a USB flash drive or external HDD for your games.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can, but as V10lator said it's not recommended. Speeds are slow and you also don't want massive writes going to your SD-Card everytime you want to play a GC Game.

Just do what V10lator said.

Yes I will try what he said but from what I understand, I can’t place game files from pc to HDD because the WiiU formatted it to work only on WiiU. So I just wanted to make sure it was possible to launch the one game from the front port SD when I am in nitendont so that I can change and save control settings like V10lator mentioned above.

Trophies
XP
If I remember correctly, you can use something like USBHide so you can put your own files on the HDD while stopping the Wii U from nagging to format.

But also iirc it also deletes everything on the drive when you run it ( I might be wrong, but lets operate under this assumption ), then proceeds to corrupt part of the MDR so the Wii U won't detect it. So don't just run it at random with a full drive, you might lose your stuff lol.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I will try what he said but from what I understand, I can’t place game files from pc to HDD because the WiiU formatted it to work only on WiiU. So I just wanted to make sure it was possible to launch the one game from the front port SD when I am in nitendont so that I can change and save control settings like V10lator mentioned above.
Transfering over Wii games requires a piece of software called "Wii Backup Manager", a guide can be found here: https://wii.guide/wiibackupmanager.html

Reactions: Qeality

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just wanted to make sure it was possible to launch the one game from the front port SD when I am in nitendont so that I can change and save control settings
Yes, that works. I'm having (NKIT compressed, so takes just like 14 MB) Animal Crossing on my SD card for exactly that reason.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that works. I'm having (NKIT compressed, so takes just like 14 MB) Animal Crossing on my SD card for exactly that reason.

Okay great! Ill will give this a try sometime today.

Okay great! Do you recommend I use one of the tools above? USBHide or Wiibackupmanager?

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay great! Do you recommend I use one of the tools above? USBHide or Wiibackupmanager?
If you're willing to play Wii games off a HDD, then "Wii Backup Manager" is the best choice.

Reactions: jeannotte

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're willing to play Wii games off a HDD, then "Wii Backup Manager" is the best choice.

Does this have to be for a separate HDD from the one I already have? Or id have to use USBHide along with Wiibackupmanager?

Edit: I’m currently injecting Wii and gamecube games that way I can use 1 storage device which is a 1TB HDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?