Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi there!

I have a problem. After installing IOS (IOS38-64-v3610) when I trying to enter system menu, I have a black screen with "Wii system files are corrupted, please refer to owner's manual'. I have a preloader, so I can run games (I use Neogamma loader), but how can I use the settings screen without system menu? Or a Virtual Console? Or internet?

Please, help me return my system menu. I really miss it T_T

I have a 4.0 custom firmware.

In another thread I've recieved some recommendations - to try another system IOS in preloader, but I have no effect.

Preloader says, that now I have IOS 60, Systemmenu v. 418

If I try to change system menu IOS to any another,

in preloader there is the same IOS60, systemmenu v. 418

And after I click "Systemmenu" menu item in Preloader, I recieve this (I've enabled the "show error message" function in preloader):

What should I do, or where should I look next? I've tried to instal another cIOS38_rev17 but its all the same. I think, problem caused by installing this IOS38-64-v3610, am I right?

Jynweythek

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DKAngel said:
reinstall your system menu, so put wadmanagers boot.dol in the root of your sd card load it through priiloader and install your system menu again then install priiloader againCan you write a little more? I'm a noob T_T

What "wadmanagers boot.dol" am I need? Where can I find it?
Or did you mean the Wadmanager what I used to install such things as Virtual Consloe games?

Can you give more details?

jensebubunplugg the power-conector and put it on again.....
Doesn't work with me.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Can you give more details?
Use NUSD to download IOS60(DONT USE THE LATEST VERSION, IT IS A STUB IOS) and your sysmenu.

Install the IOS, than the sysmenu and your wii should work again.

Note:
Reinstall the IOS/sysmenu removes your pr**loader. I suggest to save the keys/nand before you do that!
There should be no problem, but if there is a problem you(or anyone) can restore your wii.
wink.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Jynweythek

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
longtom1 said:
The second screen shot says your running the system menu off IOS256 have you tried IOS60 or IOS249 instead of IOS256??
Just screenshotted on this position IOS256. Of course, tried 60 and 249.

And thanks for all your help.

If I understand clearly, I should do next:

1) Using NUSD download IOS60 not latest version (i downloaded IOS60-64-v6174 and put it into the wad)
2) Download my version system menu (i downloaded v418 (4.0E) and also in wad)
3) Download priilodader
4) Install IOS60 i downloaded (via "install" menu item in me preloader)
5) Install System menu i downloded (same way)
6) Install priiloader

Is that the right way?

Sorry for my persistence, but I don't want brick my Wii completely, in my god-forscaken town there are no people who can fix it T_T

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Jynweythek

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
All done! System menu is now ok!
cool.gif

I've done this:

1) Run Wanikoko's WAD Manager
2) Install IOS60-64-v6174
3) Install System Menu v418

Bot something is wrong. After I installed priiloader I had brick again.

My thoughts:
I installed IOS38-64-v3610 (cause of my first brick) for launch Neogamma Loader R7. After that system menu crashed. Now I've unbrick my Wii and Neogamma still works. So I think IOS38-64-v3610 is still in my system. Is it right? Or I just retarded a bit?
cry.gif

In fact, there is all ok now. System menu works, Neogamma Loader works, HBC works. But now I feel myself uncomfortable without preloader. Especially after I had brick and preloader saved me.

And one more thing. Thank you very much, all of you. You helped me very much! Thank you, guys!

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
After I installed priiloader I had brick again.
what?
are you confusing preloader with priiloader now or did you do something severely odd that caused the system menu not to have the rights it should (causing the "system files are corrupt" msg )

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Jynweythek said:
Or I just retarded a bit?
cry.gif

maybe just a bit... lol

QUOTE(Jynweythek @ Jan 22 2010, 08:00 PM) In fact, there is all ok now. System menu works, Neogamma Loader works, HBC works. But now I feel myself uncomfortable without preloader. Especially after I had brick and preloader saved me.

so why not reinstall it, get the most recent version of priiloader (not preloader). It almost certainly will NOT brick you

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
of priiloader (not preloader). It almost certainly will NOT brick you
It's buggy though. Also, don't say it won't brick. I tried it a little while back. When I tried priiloader on my bootmii/boot2 wii w/4.0, just to see what the new version was like, it bricked (first attempt: installer crashed and bricked, 2nd: Installed OK, but SM didn't boot anymore [blackscreen].)

I haven't tried 0.3 (the above was 0.2), but I'm hesitant to waste my time messing with it now.

My advice, stick to 0.29 if you're on 4.0/4.1...If anyone has a good reason to try 0.3, maybe I will tonight. Just don't say "it can start bootmii IOS". 0.29 can too if you install a forwarder DOL.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
techboy said:
If anyone has a good reason to try 0.3, maybe I will tonight.
cause 0.3b is 1000000x safer then 0.2 which was a disaster?

EDIT: and ye, what tj said : there are hacks to make your system look like its bricked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.