Gaming Wii Passes Xbox 360 in Worldwide Sales

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So it has finally happened. xbox360 had year headstart and nintendo still pwned them.
ng_sales.png

Don't know how long nintendo can keep this up.

via
http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=508

Next question is when ps3 will kick in. My guess is between years 2008-2009.

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
When it'll kick in?
They'll only have a minor sale increase when games that people love like Metal Gear Solid come out.
Dunno, it's just matter of time. blu-ray is kind of winning format war atm. And there's alot of good games coming to ps3. Probably buying after i've played brawl too much and there's games like gt5 available.

But wii is good enough so let's talk about wii. just added that ps3 thing for fun, because i was bored. Awesome madness

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who cares the Wii is poop, the only reason it gets buttloads of sales is that thousands of ignorant parents are out there buying them for their crying bratty little kids.

The Wii seriously needs some new games or mine is getting packed away and a better console can take it's place in the TV cabinet.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They don't consider actual sales $$$ or the XBOX 360 figure would obviously be larger. Then again with games costing almost the same, perhaps it's smarter to build your user base through cheap consoles.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, the Japanese sure don't like the 360.

Yes, that's an interesting point. I would have expected the sales to be low, but lower than PS3? I guess X360 is less of a Japanese-orientated console (Microsoft vs. Nintendo/Sony, both Japanese companies, hardware developed in Japan).

I heard an interesting argument that the Wii is so successful in Japan compared to the PS3 due to the dramatic size difference. The PS3 is just too big physically. Can't remember where I read that though...

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They don't consider actual sales $$$ or the XBOX 360 figure would obviously be larger. Then again with games costing almost the same, perhaps it's smarter to build your user base through cheap consoles.

The figures are for consoles sold, not revenue generated. Besides Microsoft loses money on every console sold. So yes it is smarter to build your base with a cheaper console in which you profit from.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I dunno how you people get bored so fast with it. Do you all play 24/7?
Give Godfather a try, it's very good, I'd overlooked it, and to my surprise, it kicks ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm