Wii MotionPlus!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this going to become a required device for some future games?
frown.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow so the nintendo wii controller price is going to be even higher if you want everything.
wiimote + nunchuk+ this new BS + classic controller = nintendo wii is now the most expensive system to date because of controllers!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you use a nunchuck with this? will it improve nunchuck sensitivity too? I think the nunchuck motion detection sucks ass.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Infinity-X said:
jumpman17 said:
Is this going to become a required device for some future games?
frown.gif

Most likely not. Its just an attachment for better motion sensitivity.

I assume it will be, games may require that better sensitivity and not work without it.

imgod22222 said:
I think it'll be free like the new straps and the condom..err... jacket.
I don't think so. Straps and condoms don't cost that much compared to motion sensing electronic device thingies. I expect it to be 20 dollars or 30 dollars bundled with Link's Sword training.

QUOTE(avatarx @ Jul 14 2008, 08:20 PM)
can you use a nunchuck with this? will it improve nunchuck sensitivity too? I think the nunchuck motion detection sucks ass.
I believe the bottom of it has a thingy you can remove so it will have another nunchuck/classic controller connector. It probably won't improve the nunchucks motion detection though as that would need to be attached to a nunchuck cause it can't detect the motion from another object.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Little excessive on the font size there!
smile.gif

Erm, I don't have a problem with making the Wii Remote better. Those that compare it to Sony's situation are off-base - it was the lawsuit with Immersion that prevented the rumble being included in the new controller. Nothing more and nothing less. Once the lawsuit was cleared up, the way was paved to once again offer the rumble. They weren't trying to cash in on the consumer, they were simply making available an option that they were not legally allowed to make available previously.

I'm all for better accuracy with the Wii Remote, because with some games, it's just brutal. If it's backwards compatible (i.e. improves the response in games I already have) then it's an instant buy. Games like Resident Evil 4 could really benefit from some extra motion tracking. If the post above me is true, and there's no passthrough for the Nunchuck, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I can't imagine Nintendo would do that..but then they did remove the headphone jack on the GBA SP, so I suppose anything is possible.
tongue.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First Nintendo wanted us to buy a piece of plastic for about 20 bucks (LCBT is not a game: finished that piece of... in about 20 minutes-->yes, looking at you zapper) and now I should pay for an attachment, that is probably used in future games...

More than 5 bucks, as I stated before, and I won`t accept that...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Now, they couldn't take advantage of the normal wiimote; Which has more than enough potential to make a LOT of things VERY different, any of you who have fucked around with GlovePIE (the programmer is a sleazy antisemite asshole but he does know how to code) can understand.

WHY would they wanna make yet another peripheral, I dunno... But, oh, well. Good-bye, wiimote-plus-nunchuck.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I.... I.... I can see the future!
Wiifuture.png

I kinda like it, but then I don't wanna pay twenty bucks for it.

Also I think it will be required for some games as if it simply improved the motion reading alone then it would be severly limited to what is already read.
They said the Wiimote could be read in 3D space but they kinda didn't finish it it seems.
It would be nice to see what we were promised would show up on the wii in the first place.

I can't wait to see GlovePIE support this.

Though I hope it wont be hard to get like the WiiFit board.
I guess We'll find out what Nintendo will do with it soon enough.

After all the other crud, I think I could deal with it at ten bucks with a sword swinging minigame.
Twenty is a tad much for a device patch.
I bet they'll just package one with every compatable game.

It better not be just a sensitivity enhancement though.
That would suck on so many levels.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is completely unnecessary. The team behind force unleashed for Wii said they experimented with 1:1 and found it to be "possible" but decided against it so that it would be easier to play.

I will try to dig up the article give me a few min.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one game that really could benefit from this is Dragon Quest Swords. The swinging on that was pretty fussy. And the chain system made it so that this fussiness was detrimental to game play.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
revoman said:
its gonna be zelda of course
Oh God, I hope not. Well, not using this thing anyway.

I mean using small swings for TP was OK, but 1:1 would be too much.

I was expecting TP to be 1:1 in the first place... I was really disappointed.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They'd need a new animation for "controller being wielded by a fat lazy guy who played the game for two hours"

Link: "Ugh... Sword's too heavy. Fuck this."

or simple wrist motions could suffice =]

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo always said we could expect a lot of attachments and I don't mind spending 39 euro's on something like this that makes my gameplay a lot smoother.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone so upset about these, that they should be cheap and/or free? The wiimote is good enough as it is, if they're launching these as an extra, there will probably be games that'll suport'em, just like any other 3rd party extras.

Hopefully they were watching the videos on YouTube, where the guy showed all of us the potential of the wiimote..
biggrin.gif

Anyway, you can use the wiimote like it is now, or you could buy that thing for future games, I know I will buy one, no matter how "expensive" it is
smile.gif

Good job Nintendo, hope they're worth it
smile.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pesaroso said:
Why is everyone so upset about these, that they should be cheap and/or free? The wiimote is good enough as it is, if they're launching these as an extra, there will probably be games that'll suport'em, just like any other 3rd party extras.

My only concern is that you can't plug your nunchuck in the wiimote with this thing, or am I wrong?

Anyway, you can use the wiimote like it is now, or you could buy that thing for future games, I know I will buy one, no matter how "expensive" it is
smile.gif

Good job Nintendo, hope they're worth it
smile.gif
Agreed I can wait for tomorrow I expect Regie to say "You though the Sixaxis was bad before..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end