Wii MotionPlus!

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinity-X said:
fischju said:
If they announced it a day early, they knew people would start criticizing it hard. They must be having an extremely awesome demonstration at E3 to have done this.
I find that kind of weird. Why take the time to announce it the day before there conference when they could've announced it at the conference?
Suspense. This builds up more hype before the big announcement.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this add on, you couldn't use the nun-chuck.
So I don't see it being utilized to games that I enjoy. Other than WiiSports

Edit: nevermind, it looks like there's a nun-chuck adapter on the bottom, covered by a rubber cover.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the pic you'll notice a little rectangle at the bottom of the device...so maybe that might be it? Although I wish Nintendo came up with their own wireless nunchuck(which would make it not a nunchuck...)

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neonix said:
Suspense. This builds up more hype before the big announcement.
It's also like when they revealed the "Wii" name. They release the news before the conference, and by the time the conference starts, the gripers will have aired their complaints beforehand and pay attention to the conference itself.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to some of the negative responses to this announcment (the wiimote should already do this, ect) I can only say that some people are completely retarded. The wiimote originally retailed for around 50 bucks... obvioulsy this new add-on added even more tech and thus more cost. Can you honestly see the average consumer paying MORE than 50 bucks on a single controller? (Insaine mech/train fanboys aside.)

Also the reason for this new add-on is quite obvious.... A couple of years back Mr. M. expressed his disappointment over wii boxing and that it was rushed and ended up showing them some of the limitations of the wiimote. This was in response to "When are we gonna see punchout?" and he basically said they hadn't figured out how to do that yet.

So expect punch-out to be the big announcment.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A remake of Goldeneye? With WiiMote and GCN compatibility, and Classic? Or a Zelda game, where their excuse to 1:1 is using your Mii in-game... That might be the only way to get 1:1 in some games. Like WiiSports baseball. It would be good for the Wii Wheel, but it won't fit, now their going to sell a bigger one, more plastic= more $, $15? More? Don't do it, you screwed up with 3.3, don't suck again, I trusted you!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts exactly! They were giving away those Wii Remote condom... errr... jackets (which I ordered, and NEVER FREAKIN GOT!)... This should be given away for free for us LOYAL Wii'ers!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 4 of them jackets for free and got them in like a week (even though I only have 1 wii mote d: )

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well. I guess everyone will be ordering more jackets from Nintendo. The photo looks like they've already made them. I guess when you order you'll be asked if you want regular or magnum.
laugh.gif

I just can't wait for Punch Out Wii.
biggrin.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably include a new jacket when you buy the MotionPlus.
rolleyes.gif

Also, once you think about it, this should be included in the new Wii remotes - not a whole new device.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's still funny to see so many people complaining over this.
Let's see, if Nintendo wouldn't have taken this step you wouldn't see people moan about the controls, well, off course there's always some people who still complain about the lack of accuracy but that's it. Now they choose to release this and everybody's getting ANGRY!??? Wow, for all of you who are constantly complaining I wished Nintendo didn't bring this up in the first place.
As for the new more sensitive, precise controls I would not mind bying this for 20 or 30 euro's, especially since I got all Wii games for free.

And the best thing is I know for sure that almost everybody who is now complaining will eventually buy this because it's probably the same as with the new brighter DS-Lite screen, once you've tried it you don't want to play without.

Talking of the new bright screen for the DS, I never heard people moan about that! I felt kinda left out when I had my Phat DS, so I just had to buy a new DS Lite, while I just had my old DS for less than a year. I could have felt ripped off, but instead I was glad Nintendo had made this move. I also have an old GBA SP with the side-lit screen. The newer ones had a brighter screen. No one ever complained.

So to everybody who feels raped by Nintendo, be a man/woman, and don't buy it!!!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If we don`t buy it we probably won`t be able to play games the way they are meant to be.

Like RRR TV: it is used with the wii board. Since I have no board (and no plans on buying one) I won`t be able to play it the way Ubi wants me to (haha, but I really don`t want to
tongue.gif
)

So if nearly all the future games use the board or this shit+ to be fully playable I`m forced to buy these peripherals!

Or I sell my wii and get me a 360... Who knows haha

But I`m curious, what titel they are going to ship this with. But I`m really sure, that this titel I`m going to finished in 30 min. just like I finished LCBT...

Way to go Nintendo!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Mo said:
Like RRR TV: it is used with the wii board. Since I have no board (and no plans on buying one) I won`t be able to play it the way Ubi wants me to (haha, but I really don`t want to
tongue.gif
)

I have to admit I was expecting a lot more from the Balance Board. I expected they would release a couple of neat games for it soon after the launch, but except We Ski, which was very average, there hasn't been any games that use it. And apart from that new Skate game and the Raving Rabbids game I haven't heard of anything that will implement this feature. So I really really hope they will reveal some Balance Board games at E3. I think the DK Jungle Beat game was a real treat for the GC and I think they did a wonderful job making those Bongo's a peripheral worth having.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully Tiger Woods will now become more realistic ? I'm fed up with my chip shots either dribbling a few inches or overshooting by miles
frown.gif

And as for the Star Wars lightsabre game....... that was my whole dream when I first heard about the wii and one of the reasons I bought one !!!

Dedale

Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
10 pages already !
Did they plan to sell new wiimote with wiimotionplus integrated ?
I guess we have to wait for the N conference to see what's coming up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1