Wii Help - Been out of the loop

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FunFan, Feb 10, 2010.

Feb 10, 2010

Wii Help - Been out of the loop by FunFan at 11:02 PM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. FunFan
    OP

Newcomer FunFan Member

United States
    I haven't touched my Wii in a year or two, and I thought I'd play with it again today.
    I tried installing a WAD on it it using some WAD loader, which went successfully.
    However, when I try to start the game (Megaman 9), all it does is load for 5-10 seconds, and go back to the Wii menu.
    I have a WiiKey, and my firmware is 3.2U, I suspect it has something to do with the firmware, I want to update but I keep reading things that say "DO NOT UPDATE."
    I also installed some DVDX and BootMii thing when the Homebrew channel told me to update.
    Thanks for any help in advance [​IMG]!

2. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Dude, read one of the sticky guides (like http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 and update to 4.2 - note though, it will break the out of region games and your wiikey won't really work anymore. But with Neogamma, Gecko, USBloaders and if you're brave, CIOSCORP, softmodding is the way to go.

I had a wiikey 1 forever. Then I bricked that wii, got another one, I couldn't fit the wiikey in it, so softmodded. Now I'm running USBloader GX and I love it - bricking my wii was the best thing to happen, other wise I would have stayed with my "dying" wiikey forever!

Take it easy

m

3. FunFan
    OP

Newcomer FunFan Member

United States
    So it breaks out of region games completely?
    I do play Japanese games sometimes [​IMG]

The games do I do play now work fine I really just want to get Megaman 9 to work for the time being.
    Thanks for replying [​IMG]

4. megatron_lives

United Kingdom
    It does break out of region games for mod chips, but only on 4.2. 4.1 and pre-firmwares, you're ok.

I'm assuming (don't have it) that megaman is a wiiware title? If so, have a look at Triiforce - that may help you run this game on your current firmware - then you won't have to update if you don't want to

5. FunFan
    OP

Newcomer FunFan Member

United States

6. megatron_lives

United Kingdom
    The cIOS have nothing to do with updating your wii firmware. Therefore, find Waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 17 and install it through the homebrew browser. Guides on installing cIOS can be found all over the web.

Bootmii is nothing directly to do with cIOS - it can be installed as one, but it isn't what is required here.

I haven't tried triiforce myself, but I could imagine if you tried to install Triiforce without the cIOS, you'd get this error - not sure if this is true, but seems logical.

Let me know how it goes.

7. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You use the softmod guide in the stickies.

8. FunFan
    OP

Newcomer FunFan Member

United States
    Just finished installing it, Megaman 9 works great through Triiforce.
    Thanks alot for your help [​IMG]!