Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
can someone please host this else where? http://rapidshare.com/files/213704685/IOS6...singcios249.zip

i can't download from rapidshare
frown.gif

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ppc_gba said:
ok, i got a custom wad of an older version of wii homebrew launcher installed and running from sd card only. I went into the shop channel and nothing happened. I did see 4 new wii arcade titles (here's hoping for wads soon).

Here, a new installer (+src) running under cios249 for the lazy ppl: http://rapidshare.com/files/213704685/IOS6...singcios249.zip

pretty exciting being on the cutting edge
laugh.gif
And..add also IOS36 (default for most homebrew) in the menu ? it would be a stupid idea?
biggrin.gif

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks~ but is there a difference in the 2 files? the one on rapid share is 5.5mb? the one you updated for me is 700+kb... sorry just had to make sure...

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks yummy...

just a question, does the waninkoko installer works for 3.2U wii? seems like almost everyone is using a "E" wii.

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Simmy said:
thanks~ but is there a difference in the 2 files? the one on rapid share is 5.5mb? the one you updated for me is 700+kb... sorry just had to make sure...
Well the guy that uploaded it to rapidshare.com added two dummy .txt files so that he gets rapidshare points for every download, a cheap trick if you ask me
smile.gif
. Don't worry its the same files withouth the dummy files.

Draganta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Simmy said:

the rapidshare one has two txt files full of thanks that are together like 5mb big

res1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
--JoCa-- said:
Have you tried using one of those "unbrickers"? They may be working yet. Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply.
smile.gif

Do you mean like a SaveMii? I'm thinking about ordering one if there are no other handy methods.

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks yummy...

just a question, does the waninkoko installer works for 3.2U wii? seems like almost everyone is using a "E" wii.

AltairABJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So...to only confirm this...
i need to install the IOS60 Patched BEFORE or AFTER updating the wii to 4.0?
Question 2: the "IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249" Needs the cIOS249? and it has the IOS60 Patched??

Thanks n_n'

Draganta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AltairABJ said:
So...to only confirm this...
i need to install the IOS60 Patched BEFORE or AFTER updating the wii to 4.0?
Question 2: the "IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249" Needs the cIOS249? and it has the IOS60 Patched??

Thanks n_n'

i think if you install it before 4.0 it will be overwritten.

EDIT:

i installed it on my 3.3v1E wii right now and i really think this is the greatest update ever.
(i installed the 4.0 and then the IOS60 and 61)

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone, GREAT INFO here ... I cannot stop reading
smile.gif

Here is what I did with my 3.4U system ...
Few days ago ....

1.)Twighlight Hack
2.) Install "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad" using the "Wad Manager" & restart the Wii
3.) "cIOS36 rev8" install (using ios36-64-v1042.wad on the root of my SD) & restart the Wii
4.) cMIOS_fix.wad from Wad Manager
5.) Start the "Wad Manager IOS16"
6.) Install "Wii Backup Launcher 03g Wiiish v2 EN.wad" (no restart)
7.) Install "DVD Dump v1.2.wad" and restart the Wii ...
8.) Install "cMIOS_rev3" and restart the Wii

I have a 2GB SD Card with everything from the homebrew channel I installed (50+ apps)

30 minutes ago I ran:
"Firmware-Updater_4.0.dol" from within Homebrew Channel, WAD Manager 1.3
It ran perfectly, without a hitch, all installs were 100% successful
rebooted the Wii

Now,
Other than a SD "channel" (or icon) down below, All burnt games still work from the backup channel launcher, DVD Dump works fine and EVERYTHING i installed form the homebrew Channel still works 100%

I also started the cIOS Downgrader, and it launched just fine (however 3.4U is NOT one of the options)

I'm no wizard with this stuff, and my wording above may be slightly off ... but my system now shows 4.0U and it works just like before I installed the 4.0 update.

Happy Camper here
smile.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people prefer using the disc channel for games instead of a backup channel. Besides that there are currently no brick protections for 4.0 which is also making a lot of people squeamish and preferring to wait (myself included) once we see cIOScorp or something similar for 4.0 and a new version of preloader I'll be set.

hothitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hothitter said:
I had HBC installed until last night when I decided to delete and just go back to normal. I got the 4.0U update this morning no problem, I can play all my VC games from SD card and all that, I can move stuff from SD to System Memory and back - but I can't access the Wii Shop or Nintendo Channel. It tells me to go update, but when I do, I keep coming up w/ Error Code: 32017, then "Configure Internet settings to Get System update". I can access WFC np on connection tests, and in retail games.

Any Suggestions?

I'm still having this problem, anyone know what might be wrong?

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
res1 said:
--JoCa-- said:
Have you tried using one of those "unbrickers"? They may be working yet. Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply.
smile.gif

Do you mean like a SaveMii? I'm thinking about ordering one if there are no other handy methods.
I don't actually know the name, but I saw that there were some unbrickers going through the net, so you could give it a try... I think there's also a way to reformat the Wii, but I don't recommend that
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle