Code:
+--------------------------------+
|ÂÂ [+] Firmware Updater v4.0ÂÂÂÂ|
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ developed by WaninkokoÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ www.teknoconsolas.esÂÂÂÂ |

[ DISCLAIMER ]:

- THIS APPLICATION COMES WITH NO WARRANTY AT ALL, NEITHER EXPRESS NOR IMPLIED.
ÂÂI DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE IN YOUR WII CONSOLE
ÂÂBECAUSE OF A IMPROPER USAGE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

[ DESCRIPTION ]:

- This application allows you to update your console's firmware installing only the
ÂÂneeded applications (IOS, System Menu, channels...).

ÂÂThanks to it you can keep some features like Trucha bug that affected first IOS
ÂÂversions.

[ REQUISITES ]:

- 150-250 free blocks.
- Internet connection.

[ HOW TO USE ]:

- Run the application with any method to load homebrew and the update will be done
ÂÂautomatically.

[ KUDOS ]:

- Team Twiizers and devkitPRO -> libogc
- frontierÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-> libpng
- All my betatesters.

Go to http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-40 to download.

Please if someone can use to see its effects be helpfull to share the results
smile.gif

Do you mean I can install the features of 4.0 on my 3.2 Wii???
blink.gif

Dlaf42

Trophies
XP
Country
thats what i just did installed this and now have firmware 4.0E and i can still use everything i had minus i have lost preloader and disc channel loading of backups but can still use hbc and backup loader channel

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dlaf42 said:
thats what i just did installed this and now have firmware 4.0E and i can still use everything i had minus i have lost preloader and disc channel loading of backups but can still use hbc and backup loader channel

Thats probably what I would need 90% of the time. What else, do we know, is lost using this method of updating?

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i had firmware 3.4E with HBC and cios36 rev8 and used waninkokos 4.0 installer (Waninkokos 4.0 updater)

after that, everything still worked as usual (i have a modchip, so i don't know about all the softmod stuff). could still use HBC to install wads or start gecko for imports.
only thing that didn't work was playing installed wads from the sd after i copied them over.
so i used the ios61/shop installer posted a few pages ago (IOS60/61/shop updater) because it was said that would fix it. (tried the other shop installer before, but that one failed with -1017 or something like mentioned before by someone)
installed the patched ios60 and ios61, didn't install/update shop because the waninkoko installer updated it already.
now i can copy channels installed with wad manager 1.3 to the sd and start them
smile.gif

haven't had a problem yet, very pleased with 4.0 so far!

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well great if it can be confirmed by other sources what tube83 have seen, that would be just great and a solution for most of the plp wanting to upgrade to 4.0
smile.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this looks like good news,

so what happens if you install Waninkoko Firmware Updater 4.0 over softmii pack FW3.2 ?
any one did it?

edit: no modchip and i dont use VC games

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
I were on 3.2U with WiiKey installed. I installed 4.0 through Waninkoko's updater and then I installed cios36 rev8 and IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249.zip though I skipped the shop channel update on that one because the 4.0 Waninkoko updater fixed it already for me. And I could copy wad installed vc/wiiware games to my SD card and remove them completely from my Wii and they still work from the SD and also my Trucha signed games still works
biggrin.gif

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkCamui said:
I were on 3.2U with WiiKey installed. I installed 4.0 through Waninkoko's updater and then I installed cios36 rev8 and IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249.zip though I skipped the shop channel update on that one because the 4.0 Waninkoko updater fixed it already for me. And I could copy wad installed vc/wiiware games to my SD card and remove them completely from my Wii and they still work from the SD and also my Trucha signed games still works
biggrin.gif

sounds almost like my experience. only difference is the firmware we started from and the fact that i already had cios36 installed.

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DarkCamui said:
biggrin.gif

YAY!
yay.gif
Thanks! Gonna try it on the weekend!

By the way, wich IOS now is the most used one? It was IOS30 before, now I don't know anymore... Is there a list of used IOS?

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can any of the guys that have used the tube83 method try to enter the new Shop Channel, restart the Wii and enter then the SD channel to see if games are still there and functional?

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tube83's method works. I can now load "unofficial" wads (wiiware, vc) from SD! Awesome! And yes evala, after shop channel, reboot, the games are still there and are still working

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll wait a bit longer to see more reports from other people. But I'm really thinking about updating now. Sounds like this 'custom' version of 4.0 is the new best possible firmware, replacing 3.2

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
I'll wait a bit longer to see more reports from other people. But I'm really thinking about updating now. Sounds like this 'custom' version of 4.0 is the new best possible firmware, replacing 3.2
Me too.
But 1 major Problem:
Starfall/Preloader doesnt work on that Firmware =(.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle