Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AltairABJ said:
So...to only confirm this...
i need to install the IOS60 Patched BEFORE or AFTER updating the wii to 4.0?
Question 2: the "IOS61_60_shop_usingcios249" Needs the cIOS249? and it has the IOS60 Patched??

Thanks n_n'

I've installed IOS60 BEFORE going to 4.0 (I downgraded back, but same thing) and the update, strangely, did not overwrite my hacked IOS60/61.

EDIT: I have confirmed by being able to run non-bought VC/Wiiware titles on the SD Card Menu.
tongue.gif

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One Question here , if someone could help..

I am on 3.2U with cIOS36_rev7-Installer, installed , I want to install cIOS36_rev8-Installer , before upgrading to 4.0 - is it safe to just install rev8 "over the top" of rev7 , or should I un-install rev 7 1st?

Thanks in advance..

anino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teddystacker said:
One Question here , if someone could help..

I am on 3.2U with cIOS36_rev7-Installer, installed , I want to install cIOS36_rev8-Installer , before upgrading to 4.0 - is it safe to just install rev8 "over the top" of rev7 , or should I un-install rev 7 1st?

Thanks in advance..

yes, you can just overwrite rev7 with rev8, no problem.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
right b4 a use 1 of the various options available to update, i have starfall/preloader installed do i have to run hacks remover first.......becasue we had to do this if we wanted to get back to a virgin wii....by installing the system menu and ios30 wads.......there was also issues over what was left on the nand does the update erase all.............

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For everyone, stop asking, softmii, starfall and preloader WILL NOT work under 4.0U.

They weren't working under 3.4U, why would you expect to have it working under 4.0U ??

Cygoku

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nin10doFan said:
Is it not possible for it to have the features of 4.0 but for it to stay on 3.2?

Dunno, but some guy downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2. Don't know if it keeps the functionability, though.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it wouldnt retain anything from 4.0 considering you'd install the 3.2 sys menu so you'd lose the sd menu and everything lol

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question.

I'm now on 4.0U. (all working fine, see post last page)

My question is when I run the IOS Downgrader, the latest version I see is 3.3U (not 3.4U). Can I assme that the downgrader just needs to be updated?

I was going to downgrade to 3.4U jsut, well, cause why not
smile.gif
Then back to 4.0U. Kinda curious of what happens to everything when I did..

Thanks

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cygoku said:
For everyone, stop asking, softmii, starfall and preloader WILL NOT work under 4.0U.

They weren't working under 3.4U, why would you expect to have it working under 4.0U ??

Cygoku

i actually know that it will not work, my question is: if i have them and i run Waninkoko's upgrader to 4.0 will any thing bad append besides loosing them or will there be any problem whit CIOSCORP (i know it will not run any more from disc channel, i really don't care)

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So... I have 3.4E, HBC and from noobwarriors, backup suite, backup launcher 0.3g, softchip svnr76, cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7 (which I'm guessing is waninkoko's cIOS mentioned in the first post), cIOS248-v7_WiiPowerFix-nw7, IOS16 and 37, that mean I can update normally and still be able to install wads?
Not that I usually do it, I just use homebrew to launch some wiifriid games via softchip, geexbox and mplayer, but still.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i'm on 3.4 and i can install/delete wad games (vc,wiiware) using wad manager 1.3

What do i have to do to go to 4.0 and keep installing wad games?

Thanks!

dediz_seixas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After read all the posts, I decided to install (on my 32.U Wii):
- cIOS36_rev8-Installer
- waninkoko firmware 4.0 installer
- IOS61 And 60 shop Update patch (without install/update shop because the waninkoko installer updated it already)

But I have 2 doubts:

1 - Will modified disks (like Uncensored Manhunt 2) work?
2 - I have read that Waninkoko's installer doesn't install any new ios files except the needed ones by menu 4.0, so, all games will work?

Thank you

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this is a noob question.
I'm not to sure as to how to install the waninkoko firmware 4.0 installer its a .DOL file, and i always seem to have issues with those files. I don't think i have the right program installed to install .DOL files. can anyone help me out please?

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kyle007 said:
no it wouldnt retain anything from 4.0 considering you'd install the 3.2 sys menu so you'd lose the sd menu and everything lol

My only problem is the trucha bug. I really N-E-E-D it.

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this is a noob question.
I'm not to sure as to how to install the waninkoko firmware 4.0 installer its a .DOL file, and i always seem to have issues with those files. I don't think i have the right program installed to install .DOL files. can anyone help me out please?

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reposted cause nobody answered it

Ok what just happened to me scared the crap out of me

I decided to reinstall a certyain custom WAD onto the 4.0E Wii Menu then went to play Madworld and when I went to teh diisc channel I got the Black screen of Doom!!! Fortunatelly I restarted, removed the WAD and it played fine afterwards.

It was a custom Wad of Wad Manager, can anyone shine some light on this?

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EnigmaXtreme said:
Reposted cause nobody answered it

Ok what just happened to me scared the crap out of me

I decided to reinstall a certyain custom WAD onto the 4.0E Wii Menu then went to play Madworld and when I went to teh diisc channel I got the Black screen of Doom!!! Fortunatelly I restarted, removed the WAD and it played fine afterwards.

It was a custom Wad of Wad Manager, can anyone shine some light on this?

Bad Wad? How many times did you get the BSD? EVERYTIME? Maybe the Wii just did not like the way you've put the disc... Happens to me all the time (+ bad media)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal... +1