ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Irixion said:
I went back into the MIOS patcher and installed version 5 with Wii backup launcher support enabled....still nothing..

Install v8, that's what I have, and actually I'm using Waninkoko's, but I've seen some better compatibility with WiiGator's v8, so better go with that one...!!
smile.gif

6th_hokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I want to ask the following questions:
1. Can you tell me, what is the difference between cIOS from wiigator & wanin's? which one is better?
2. How do I know what cIOS is installed in my Wii(3.2U)? is there specific software to detect this thing?
since my wii is pre-installed at shop
Thank you for the help

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
6th_hokage

1. Can you tell me, what is the difference between cIOS from wiigator & wanin's? which one is better?
Waninkoko's has support for his MenuPatcher, but if you use the Gamma Launcher, there is a rebooter function that does the same

2. How do I know what cIOS is installed in my Wii(3.2U)?
Only you can know where you downloaded the cIOS installer from, but Waninkoko's one says something about TEKNOCONSOLAS on a white stripe at top of the installer screen

is there specific software to detect this thing?
Nope

since my wii is pre-installed at shop
What do you mean with pre-installed at shop..?? do you mean you have a ModChip..??
huh.gif
than it has nothing to do with cIOS

6th_hokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
umm ,maybe i just leave the cIOS because I don't find any problem(s) until now
rolleyes.gif

ether2802 said:
What do you mean with pre-installed at shop..?? do you mean you have a ModChip..??
huh.gif
than it has nothing to do with cIOS
I mean the shop already installed the cIOS + gamma launcher 0.3 for me, so I don't know which cIOS version in my Wii. No modchip in my wii.
Another question from noob: How I can find the version of gamma launcher in my wii? I just want to know whether it is original gamma 0.3 or gamma 0.3 fix 002
Thanks again for the help
rolleyes.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your in doubt , and if u have homebrew , just download one of the latest packs - u can install the 002 fix channel and it will sort out any questions - you can also re-install a cIOS yourself - rev7 is the latest one, but to be honest , if it works let it be until u run into a problem.

Try playing the need for speed unerground and see if u get a blue screen - if u dont u have the 002 fix installed.

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a problem, i get a black and white screen when i want to play tales of symphonia NTSC, i have a PAL wii and first i could play it in colour, now i changed to a different tv and most of my backup games play in black and white and my normal game in colour (brawl and zelda)

now i heard something about a ntsc channel so i plays them in colour, but i can't find it anywhere, so can anyone help me with this plz?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your flag says ur in the netherlands - why would u be using an NTSC TV from the netherlands ? Arent all the TV's there PAL ?

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't know if its a NTSC tv and i was 12 or so when i bought it, back then i never heard about NTSC or PAL, but yea could be it's a NTSC TV

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well finally made time to post like i promised a few weeks ago. Got our Wii back from Nintendo under the SSBB repair program, even though the Wii was from 2006 (had 2006 in the serial # as well) and way past warranty. I didn't include the SSBB disc but they replaced the dvd drive in the Wii anyhow with no charge and shipped it back to us. We used WiiGators' loader with no problem and can now play all my backups. Have tried about 75 games and the only problems I have is with SSBB dual layer, which plays but at different points in the game gives me a disc error and I have to restart the Wii. This is burned on a verbatin dvd+r dl and have tried 2 different burns with speeds of 4X and 8X. I've tried to change the hook type to Wiipad and this will get the start video to play (if I use gamecube than the video will cause the disc error) but this still gives the disc error msg after doing a battle. I am thinking of getting some dvd -r dl to see if this fixes the problem, but would be interested to see if any has SSBB running on a dvd +r dl first. The only other problem game is Wario land shake it - that gives a stuttered video at the start. All other videos on other games work great including MSS and others. I'm wondering since WLSI is such a new game that maybe their is something done by Nintendo on purpose such as modifying the encryption or something that causes the stutter throughout the video.
Again, I wouldn't have got this working with djtaz's help and other ppl, so thanks a million again. I think what I have learned from this is that this loader may not work on some of the older Wii's as the dvd drive may not be able to read burnt discs (as was the case in my Wii. The Wii they sent back was the same - they only replaced the dvd drive). I suspect that is why Nintendo is offering to repair any Wii regardless of Warranty status if SSB does not work for u. If you cannot get this loader to work and have an older Wii, you may want to look @ Nintendo's site go through the repair offer they have for this. Shipping to Nintendo and back to me was paid for by them so it cost me nothing and took under 2 weeks time from the day I sent it. And you don't even have to send the SSB disc like they state u have to. I just included a note that we rented it and that it didn't work. Again thanks everyone for your help and hope this post helps someone else that cannot get burnt games to work on older Wii's. I would not send the Wii in right away, but would definately try everything else, as this is probably the least likely cause and I suspect dvd drive's that will not play SSBB or burnt discs are few compared with millions and millions of Wii's out there. Good Luck!!!
Sorry to post the follow-up so late but have been busy dling (i mean ripping) all the games and playing them with the kids. Even got Fredi Fish Kelp Seed Mystery and Barbie Horse Adventures riding camp!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The cIOS for Gamma doesn't support DL disc, so you need to create (or obtain) a DVD5 copy of SSBB, the stuttering on some games's videos is normal because this videos are played during the loading of the game, and hence the cIOS can only read DVD's at 3X speed this causes the chopiness and stuttering..!!
smile.gif

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
The cIOS for Gamma doesn't support DL disc, so you need to create (or obtain) a DVD5 copy of SSBB, the stuttering on some games's videos is normal because this videos are played during the loading of the game, and hence the cIOS can only read DVD's at 3X speed this causes the chopiness and stuttering..!!
smile.gif

Well I guess that's lucky that SSBB runs at all especially since I used a DVD +R DL instead of a -R disc. The disc error comes at different times, so the game is playable. The video, when run with Wii pad hook type, however, does not have any stuttering or other problems which makes me wonder if the speed issue is the cause of video problems in WL Shake it.

ConvGr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
bowser2010 said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

Well I guess that's lucky that SSBB runs at all especially since I used a DVD +R DL instead of a -R disc. The disc error comes at different times, so the game is playable. The video, when run with Wii pad hook type, however, does not have any stuttering or other problems which makes me wonder if the speed issue is the cause of video problems in WL Shake it.

i already put the ssbb dvd 9 but it crashes at videos so now i have dvd5 and its playable the videos you can see them from youtube
tongue.gif

anywayz here is my problem:
i have both softchip and backup loader gamma but the game i cant run is Mario Kart when i open the game it shows the info about the wiimote but after that black screen and nothing
is there any problem with the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.