OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jnk2469 said:
Question #1
Update your cIOS and your loader wad file - just do them two and see how it works

jnk2469 said:
Question #2
yeah - sounds like it may be a cios problem - try installing the one in my sig - should be all you need - if that fails uninstall IOS249 with any title deleter (AND ONLY IOS249 - BRICKING IS POSSIBLE WITH ANY TITLE DELETER)

QUOTE(jnk2469 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:23 PM)
Questions #3 & #4

You use wad manager to install a wad - the guide in my zip explains how its done and gives a link to different styles if you want others.
you need a specific version of DVDx and mPlayer - take a look on http://www.wadder.net
yes - sound is a problem on that game for some wii's - its a known issue and hasnt been resolved with the gamma loader.

jnk2469

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
jnk2469 said:
Question #1
Update your cIOS and your loader wad file - just do them two and see how it works

jnk2469 said:
Question #2
yeah - sounds like it may be a cios problem - try installing the one in my sig - should be all you need - if that fails uninstall IOS249 with any title deleter (AND ONLY IOS249 - BRICKING IS POSSIBLE WITH ANY TITLE DELETER)

QUOTE(jnk2469 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:23 PM)
Questions #3 & #4

You use wad manager to install a wad - the guide in my zip explains how its done and gives a link to different styles if you want others.
you need a specific version of DVDx and mPlayer - take a look on http://www.wadder.net
yes - sound is a problem on that game for some wii's - its a known issue and hasnt been resolved with the gamma loader.

sweet thanks man

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:
I try to install cios_fix either in Wad Manager or Custom Wad Manager, but it can not get it through. Do you have anyway to uninstall them completely and start over?

You mentioned that I may skip steps while in installing, buy you mentioned that I don't need to "downgrade" but it sill need the cios_fix. The cios_fix step is part of your "downgrade" steps before going to thestage 1, 2 and 3. What will be the options or essential steps I need to install in "downgrade" step when I am in 3.3U (but now donwgraded to 3.2U)

I may need to clean uninstall then re-install it. What do you suggest? Do you have a well-done tutorial for this part? It seems people here are eager to know about too.

Thank you.

You dont need to uninstall anything to start over - start from step 1 of the downgrade , but skip step 12 .. that should fix it for you.
Please. repeating from step 1 can not reslve this error - when I install cio_fix.

We need to have a "offical way" to remove the error - or better way uninstall codes from the Wii so we can try start again.
djaz, you have a better guide to install the wii loader, can you have a best and complete guide for us remove everything so we start over?

Thanks!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Please. repeating from step 1 can not reslve this error - when I install cio_fix.

We need to have a "offical way" to remove the error - or better way uninstall codes from the Wii so we can try start again.
djaz, you have a better guide to install the wii loader, can you have a best and complete guide for us remove everything so we start over?

Why does everyone seem to think that you have to remove things - you DONT HAVE TO EVER REMOVE ANYTHING .
Any files you re-install will overwrite files that already exist UNLESS they are in use by the system which is why sometimes you have to remove ios249 with any title deleter
MORE PEOPLE HAVE BRICKED THEIR WII REMOVING FILES THAN INSTALLING FILES - its very very very very easy to brick a wii removing files unless you know exactly what they do.

The only reason a step in my guide will not work is because you have skipped a step before it , or one of the steps before it has failed when installing - i can guarantee you that you have skipped one step in the downgrade guide assuming it has been done already which is why this isnt working for you

PRINT IT OUT and tick off each step with 2 ticks ....

1. NO ERRORS
2. COMPLETED

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:

Why does everyone seem to think that you have to remove things - you DONT HAVE TO EVER REMOVE ANYTHING .
Any files you re-install will overwrite files that already exist UNLESS they are in use by the system which is why sometimes you have to remove ios249 with any title deleter
MORE PEOPLE HAVE BRICKED THEIR WII REMOVING FILES THAN INSTALLING FILES - its very very very very easy to brick a wii removing files unless you know exactly what they do.

The only reason a step in my guide will not work is because you have skipped a step before it , or one of the steps before it has failed when installing - i can guarantee you that you have skipped one step in the downgrade guide assuming it has been done already which is why this isnt working for you

PRINT IT OUT and tick off each step with 2 ticks ....

1. NO ERRORS
2. COMPLETED

Finally, it works!!

The lesson I have is that I have to delete ios249 with anytitiel deleter, all error (-1035 and -1017 error) are gone!

Two questions I would like to ensure:
(1) Can I use the game saved of Zelta for my backup game or I should use the new one (it seems that game saved for HB is not the best)
(2) Can I expect to see my backup game in the disk channel or only can use in backup launcher channel when I insert my backup game? (it seems I only can play in the backup channel). Are there anyway I can not seethe difference when I use the backup game?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Finally, it works!!

The lesson I have is that I have to delete ios249 with anytitiel deleter, all error (-1035 and -1017 error) are gone!

Two questions I would like to ensure:
(1) Can I use the game saved of Zelta for my backup game or I should use the new one (it seems that game saved for HB is not the best)
(2) Can I expect to see my backup game in the disk channel or only can use in backup launcher channel when I insert my backup game? (it seems I only can play in the backup channel). Are there anyway I can not seethe difference when I use the backup game?

Good - glad you got it working finally !!

1. Once homebrew channel is installed you no longer need the zelda hack so you can delete that hack if you want.
2. If you load the game using the launcher , press 1 then press B you can see the game in disc channel. You need to do this every time with the gamma loader.
(There is another way if you install Softmii , but after the trouble you had with the gamma loader (which is simple to install) , i wouldnt recommend it for you - link is also in my sig if you want it , and clarky can help with any install issues if you do try it)

6th_hokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi there, if newer launcher is released and it requires a new CIOS, what should i do with the previous CIOS? does it safe to overwrite with the newer CIOS? thank you
rolleyes.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
6th_hokage said:
hi there, if newer launcher is released and it requires a new CIOS, what should i do with the previous CIOS? does it safe to overwrite with the newer CIOS? thank you
rolleyes.gif

erm , we will be able to answer that IF a new cIOS is released :s
Its hard to predict the future , even for me

Mugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had my Wii softmodded and tried to use the guide to downgrade my Wii to 3.2 so that I could get starfall on my Wii. I got to "12. Load C. cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel" but before I had to pick a region I got the error code (ret= - 116). I searched and it seems you need an internet connection to complete the step. Can't it be done without an internet connection?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mugga said:
I had my Wii softmodded and tried to use the guide to downgrade my Wii to 3.2 so that I could get starfall on my Wii. I got to "12. Load C. cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel" but before I had to pick a region I got the error code (ret= - 116). I searched and it seems you need an internet connection to complete the step. Can't it be done without an internet connection?
for that step im afraid you need an internet connection as it gets the files from nintendo's servers

Mugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Mugga said:
for that step im afraid you need an internet connection as it gets the files from nintendo's servers
Okay, thanks for replying!

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any way to increase the wifi speed when using DVDdumper to run hte backup? Is any configuraiton in the wii for the speed? I am susing the "N" but I still get about 200K. Also, when disconnect (whatever reason), the DVD dumper goes back to the beginning to dump.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the speed has to do with your hardware, and try using flashget for dumping, and yes you can't pause the process or it will start all over again...!!
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Are there any way to increase the wifi speed when using DVDdumper to run hte backup? Is any configuraiton in the wii for the speed? I am susing the "N" but I still get about 200K. Also, when disconnect (whatever reason), the DVD dumper goes back to the beginning to dump.
Your router may be wireless N but your Wii isnt - its limited to G speeds

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:
Your router may be wireless N but your Wii isnt - its limited to G speeds
Is there anyone comapring the performance (spped) in DVD dumper when using html (Firefox) or ftp to the wii? Ideal dumping is constant speed (Max) and can be resumed in the points when wifi reconnect. Thanks.

Mugga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mugga said:
djtaz said:
Mugga said:
Okay, thanks for replying!
I thought that you needed the Wi-Fi usb connector to get the Wii online
tongue.gif
Didn't know that I could connect it to my wireless network. The downgrade worked perfectly. Thanks for a great guide!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
rofl.gif
yeah at first when I bought the Wii me too, and I was like ".....f**k this ninty guys always searching the way to get your money, yes the Wii is not expensive but you have to buy them all the accesories...."

Joshua2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.
After i have WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader with a fix for the 002 error been installed.
Eveything works fine.
But...
When i use my original Mario Kart PAL on PAl system in the original Disc channel, Mario Kart asked for an Update.
I have no connection with Internet en i wunder if this update do something to my Wii or the Soft Wiimod.

Greetings Joshua

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
no it wont erase or delete any homwbrew, in fact I think it has 3.1 update (but I really don't remember) maybe you lack of an IOS or a new IOS version more up-to-date, if you are in 3.2 you can install starfall, or preloader and enable the SKIP UPDATE hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet