Villanjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
professa said:
i've not entered the homebrew scene yet so i didn't really want to mess about with my bros wii
unless i know all the ISOs i have stored will work for him (can't be bothered to rip them all again)
i guess this may all change when i'm forced to upgrade to system 3.3 tho and my signed discs stop working
thanks again

You can uninstall everything you have installed with regards to homebrew so its worth trying it on just one game and see how it goes - and you should be up and running in about 10 mins with the files in my zip combined with the how to in there ... its quite simple really and all removable if it doesnt work. No one has bricked a wii yet on these homebrew products so its pretty safe as well.

I installed everything for gamma but no i changed my mind how can unistall everything and get my wii back as it was?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remove the gamma loader channel using the wii menu
Remove the cIOS using any title deleter (ios249) REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE AND U HAVE A BRICK
Remove homebrew channel using wii menu - and your done.

Its more dangerous to remove this than it is to install it - the risks of bricking your wii increase by 10 when uninstalling as you can easily uninstall the wrong things. (just so your aware)

Villanjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Remove the gamma loader channel using the wii menu
Remove the cIOS using any title deleter (ios249) REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE AND U HAVE A BRICK
Remove homebrew channel using wii menu - and your done.

Its more dangerous to remove this than it is to install it - the risks of bricking your wii increase by 10 when uninstalling as you can easily uninstall the wrong things. (just so your aware)

hmmm...thank you. I created another discussion for this issue:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132058
a guy there gave me similar advice but for some reason i can delete the ios249 could you come to the new discussion and help us? i'm not the only one in need of help

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"dvd read error 349" SOLVED

SOLVED!

Hey Guys, I was finally able to solve this issue when trying to load back up games. Honestly, after much contemplation, I just re-installed the following (and only the following), in the following order: (taken from DJ TAZ's original post)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
10. Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
12. Load C. cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan ... you should then be on version 3.2 once completed

1. In the homebrew channel select cIOS Installer and install that - all files required are also in the zip so it should be quick (Thanks WiiGator)
- If you have any issues installing things like WADS after this - go to the SD card , into apps folder and rename cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol to boot.dol in the cIOS folder.
3. Test your game by going to 2. Backup Launcher and make sure it loads properly
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't uninstall anything either. After I confirmed step 3 and tested my game. IT WORKED!

DJTAZ: do you know if re-installing the above overwrites the previous installation or did it install on 'separate memory blocks'?

P.S. I think the reason why it did not work originally was because of a weak wifi connection which failed to process the updates in some of the steps (the second time i ran the mod, i was using a new router as the old one was finicky and dropped connections)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
do you know if re-installing the above overwrites the previous installation or did it install on 'separate memory blocks'?

It'll overwrites...!!
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pxkxb said:
"dvd read error 349" SOLVED

SOLVED!

Hey Guys, I was finally able to solve this issue when trying to load back up games. Honestly, after much contemplation, I just re-installed the following (and only the following), in the following order: (taken from DJ TAZ's original post)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
10. Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
12. Load C. cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan ... you should then be on version 3.2 once completed

1. In the homebrew channel select cIOS Installer and install that - all files required are also in the zip so it should be quick (Thanks WiiGator)
- If you have any issues installing things like WADS after this - go to the SD card , into apps folder and rename cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol to boot.dol in the cIOS folder.
3. Test your game by going to 2. Backup Launcher and make sure it loads properly
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't uninstall anything either. After I confirmed step 3 and tested my game. IT WORKED!

DJTAZ: do you know if re-installing the above overwrites the previous installation or did it install on 'separate memory blocks'?

P.S. I think the reason why it did not work originally was because of a weak wifi connection which failed to process the updates in some of the steps (the second time i ran the mod, i was using a new router as the old one was finicky and dropped connections)

lol - as i said updating only causes problems when installing things. It sounds like the cIOS didnt install the first time you tried it , and after updating it wont install .... if you had watched the end of the cIOS install you would have seen ad error -1 or error 1017 on it... then after updating it just wont install as the updates nintendo released block those installs.

You actually didnt need step 12 in that , but its goood to have done it, and my guide should work on all Wii's once you follow it pretty much to the letter and dont do things like updating (its at the top DONT UPDATE)

Congrats on getting it going in the end and also working it out for yourself - its the best way to learn things.

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've read every tutorial on this, downloaded djtaz' files and done his tutorial, uninstalled my cIOS and re-done djtaz' method, and I still can't get the loader to work. What happens when I go in to the loader is a blank black screen, but I think my problem might be with the cIOS that comes bundled with gamma. Whenever I try to install it, I'm asked to press A to continue and nothing happens. Please help me!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pittrevo said:
Hey guys. I've read every tutorial on this, downloaded djtaz' files and done his tutorial, uninstalled my cIOS and re-done djtaz' method, and I still can't get the loader to work. What happens when I go in to the loader is a blank black screen, but I think my problem might be with the cIOS that comes bundled with gamma. Whenever I try to install it, I'm asked to press A to continue and nothing happens. Please help me!

Did you have any issues installing cios_fix with the custom wad manager as per my guide ?

Coogjen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big thanks to DJTAZ for the files and "how to" section as I (total newbie) can now play backup's. My question is will Starfall load on 3.3 v1. If I need to downgrade, do I use the cIOS Downgrader or the IOS Downgrader. Just a bit nervous about messing with the firmware since I got the loader up and going, but the benefits of Starfall may be worth it. Thanks again.

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Are you on 3.2...??
Yep, system firmware shows 3.2U.
QUOTE(djtaz @ Jan 28 2009, 02:17 AM) Did you have any issues installing cios_fix with the custom wad manager as per my guide ?
No issues there. That seemed to install fine.

*UPDATE
I got desperate and formatted Wii memory to try and get this working. Re-tryed the whole thing and when I get to the cIOS installer, it still does nothing when I press A.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use the downgrade guide - specifically step 11 - you dont need 12 , but get the rest of that working.
Once you can run step 11 it should install the cios again ... have you removed ios249 with any title deleter already ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coogjen said:
Big thanks to DJTAZ for the files and "how to" section as I (total newbie) can now play backup's. My question is will Starfall load on 3.3 v1. If I need to downgrade, do I use the cIOS Downgrader or the IOS Downgrader. Just a bit nervous about messing with the firmware since I got the loader up and going, but the benefits of Starfall may be worth it. Thanks again.
Only version 3.2 for starfall.
You use BOTH cIOS and IOS downgrader - theres a guide on that at the start ... one installs the trucha bug (*step 11) the other actually downgrades your firmware.

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Use the downgrade guide - specifically step 11 - you dont need 12 , but get the rest of that working.
Once you can run step 11 it should install the cios again ... have you removed ios249 with any title deleter already ?
When I run step 11 (IOS Downgrader), It immediately says "press any key to restart" - I'm assuming because I'm already downgraded. Same thing happens when I run the cIOS Downgrader.
Yes I used Any Title Deleter to delete ios249 and still no dice. I get to the cIOS Installer and it does nothing when I press A (maybe again because it's already installed? I've done this so many times, but I don't specifically remember this part ever doing anything when I press A).
The only other thing I can think of is that there is a problem with the disc media I used to burn my iso. It's a Maxell, and it was the only blank DVD I had left. I'm going to go get some Verbatims tonight and give that a try, but let me know if there's anything else I can do, please!

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
You need cios 7 to run cios downgrader.
The problem is not with the downgrader. I've run that fine. I'm currently 3.2u. The problem comes when I try to use the cIOS INSTALLER. It boots up fine, but does nothing when I "press A to proceed" on my remote.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pittrevo said:
HaniKazmi said:
You need cios 7 to run cios downgrader.
The problem is not with the downgrader. I've run that fine. I'm currently 3.2u. The problem comes when I try to use the cIOS INSTALLER. It boots up fine, but does nothing when I "press A to proceed" on my remote.

Your problem is that you think your properly downgraded and your not, and you do everything to avoid doing it again , but its the only way to fix it.
its erroring cause its not allowing you to install it , which means you dont have the trucha bug installed , which is WHY YOU HAVE TO RUN STEP 11 - if you cant run step 11, then you need to go back a few more steps until you can run it, if you dont get that working nothing else will work.

If custom wad manager doesnt work , try normal wad manager and visa versa .... have you installed ios16 ?

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:
(1) In the original disk, after "start +1" in hte configuraiton, I can see "the banner of "Wii backup launcher", then laucher the game;configuraiton; reboot option, about; exit and 'B' launch redbooter, the last line in the screen is: Backup launcher 0.3, gamma ios249.

(2) with the backup game in backup channel, after "start and 1", I can not see the banner "Wii backup launcher", nor the the last line "backup launcher 0.3. gammer ios249., though I can see: launch game; configuration...exit". Why??

I recalled I install both ZELDA/WIIISH backup loader channel (the wad files) following your instruction, why do I only see the "wii backup laucher" but not the ZELDA channel??

Sounds like its the discs are your problem - the wii cant read them.Its generally either a badly installed cIOS or discs/iso issue and for some reason if its a cIOS problem no one ever wants to re-install it ... i never know why. I think yours is a disc or iso issue at this stage.
Put in an original disc and press 1 - then press B and load up the disc channel - then remove the game and put the copy in and wait 10 seconds ... let me know if you see the icon on the screen in the disc channel itself.

Zelda and WiiIsh channels have the same ticket name so they oevrwrite each other. When you say you follow my guide exactly , you may want to re-read some parts of it :

4. Select number 6 - WAD manager and install Wiiish-BKUP.wad channel or Backup_Loader_ZELDA-BKUP.wad (press 1 for menu) { if you need more check out the link below }

Nothing happen.
I put amn original game in to Wii, then in backup launcher, press Start then "1" to get to the configration, then press "B' to load to redboot hooter, hte screen return to the begining of the Wii screen (the game icon in the disk channel). Then I reject the orginal game and put the backup game in Wii, wait for 10 second but nothing happen.

I re-back up disk with differnet burnner and disk but nothing help.

Is it neccessary to be downgrade t0 3.2U (3.3U neans 3.3v1 or 3.3v2 plus..?)

Please suggest.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Coogjen @ Jan 28 2009, 03:13 AM)
Do yo need to downgaede to 3.2 to make your Wii palyable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3