Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

  • Thread starter Thread starter djtaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 466,292
  • Replies Replies 1,841
Is there a way to automatically force to NTSC when you put a PAL backup in the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix without having to hold "1" down and reconfigure each time?
 
Since my topic won't get answered correctly, I'll try here:
I get a DVD error (324 I think) whenever I try to load my backup brawl copy on the gamma backup loader 0.3. What are the possible causes for this?
 
Coogjen said:
Is there a way to automatically force to NTSC when you put a PAL backup in the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix without having to hold "1" down and reconfigure each time?

Yes use the "autoboot_Force_NTSC" dol/channel...!!!
smile.gif


QUOTESince my topic won't get answered correctly, I'll try here:
I get a DVD error (324 I think) whenever I try to load my backup brawl copy on the gamma backup loader 0.3. What are the possible causes for this?

There are 2 causes of this, the first is your cIOS for the Launcher isn't properly installed, try again and check for no error, the second one is because of your media/burn is faulty, so change DVD brand and/or writting speed, some DVD's are only capable of 16X - 12X - 8X writting, you only need to burn at 2.4X - 4X if your writter is too old (more than 3 years)
 
Just checking to confirm I did indeed install the backup loader properly.
I get error 324 on my back ups, but I put in my old Pal Pickmin into my ntsc Wii and it runs.
So The loader works right?

I burned onto Sony DVD+R at 4x, and got error 324
I burned onto Sony DVD-R at 3x, and got error 324

Reading on all the pages, it is said the games need to be patched. Do the games need to be patched on Gamma?

Does ImgBurn or Nero matter?

I've read the burning guide, it seems to be a crapshoot?

Anybody got an real experience to share?
 
AndiNru said:
Just checking to confirm I did indeed install the backup loader properly.
I get error 324 on my back ups, but I put in my old Pal Pickmin into my ntsc Wii and it runs.
So The loader works right?

I burned onto Sony DVD+R at 4x, and got error 324
I burned onto Sony DVD-R at 3x, and got error 324

Reading on all the pages, it is said the games need to be patched. Do the games need to be patched on Gamma?

Does ImgBurn or Nero matter?

I've read the burning guide, it seems to be a crapshoot?

Anybody got an real experience to share?
Which guide have you been reading exactly ?
Nothing needs to be patched though there are some games that need to have the ios changed to use ios249 to get them working

DVD+R's are a huge problem - some bad brands of DVD-R's area big problem

Write all DVD's at normal speed initially

error 324 is a bad media or bad/old cIOS install

where did you get your files ?
 
AndiNru said:
Just checking to confirm I did indeed install the backup loader properly.
I get error 324 on my back ups, but I put in my old Pal Pickmin into my ntsc Wii and it runs.
So The loader works right?

I burned onto Sony DVD+R at 4x, and got error 324
I burned onto Sony DVD-R at 3x, and got error 324
Burn at faster speed, get DVD-Rs, or set the booktype to DVD-ROM

Reading on all the pages, it is said the games need to be patched. Do the games need to be patched on Gamma?
Some games only needs to be patched

Does ImgBurn or Nero matter?
Yes, Imgburn is best for wii iso burning

I've read the burning guide, it seems to be a crapshoot?
Fuck no, it aint a crapshoot. Why did you say that. Boy, YOU ARE SO GONNA GET FLAMED

Anybody got an real experience to share?
 
AndiNru said:
Just checking to confirm I did indeed install the backup loader properly.
I get error 324 on my back ups, but I put in my old Pal Pickmin into my ntsc Wii and it runs.
So The loader works right?

I burned onto Sony DVD+R at 4x, and got error 324
I burned onto Sony DVD-R at 3x, and got error 324

Reading on all the pages, it is said the games need to be patched. Do the games need to be patched on Gamma?

Does ImgBurn or Nero matter?

I've read the burning guide, it seems to be a crapshoot?

Anybody got an real experience to share?


(sarcasm)
WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL MY GUIDE? IF YOU EVER INSULT ANY OF MY WORK AGAIN I'M GONNA MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!!! YOU GOT THAT, PUNK?

(/sarcasm)
Lol, it's not nice to insult peoples work, ya know. If you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything.
 
david432111 said:
WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL MY GUIDE? IF YOU EVER INSULT ANY OF MY WORK AGAIN I'M GONNA MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!!! YOU GOT THAT, PUNK?

Lol, it's not nice to insult peoples work, ya know. If you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything.

Good way to mis-interperate what he said david - you have already made an ass of yourself on here a few times , and you have just managed to do it again.
A crapshot is a roll of the dice when your a gambler playing a game called craps - what he was saying is that he read the guide and it seems that burning is a game of chance.

Seriously man - take 2 chill pills , make note of not using size 5 , and dont call others punk and make threats because of your own ignorance.
 
@djtaz

You do know I was joking with the stuff in capitals right? Afif95 interpreted it as an insult so I basically did too, though the stuff in capitals was just for fun. Lol, couldn't you sense the joke in my post?
tongue.gif
Jeez, way to not correctly interpret my sarcasm joke thing lol. I've edited my postso that it's clear that it's a joke in case other people like yourself stumble on to the post
 
@david - were you never made aware that sarcasm doesnt translate online without the pitch changes of the voice ? Its quite well known that it should never be attempted on any website as it always ends up in a FAIL.
 
hello. i've had success using backup launcher gamma with 3 games but Mario Strikers Charged Football (PAL) is giving me some trouble:

It launches and stuff but it shows 'LOADING' and soon after says 'GAME DISC COULD NOT BE READ SEE MANUAL' and so on. The ISO was run through Wii scrubber 1.3.1 (i think) burned using IMGBurn onto a Imation DVD+R .my previous games burned using TDK DVD+R DL and worked without issue apart from the compatibility quirks at AUTO speed (just about reached 16x). the booktype was DVD-ROM.

the gbatemp wiki compaitbility says:

QUOTE said:
Mario Strikers Charged Football Works Yes / No PAL works! also the wi fi! under gamma 17

as from http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3

so i thought i was set, i do not know what the YES / NO means under 1:1 though. any help so much appreciated thanks for your time, i'd love to get this game running.
 
Post number 1 :

Code:
Every single new person to the scene asks about discs. Use DVD-R discs as they are most reliable. DVD re-writables dont work 90% of the time and its best to totally avoid them if u dont want headaches. DVD+R can work , but its not a guarantee and you may waste a lot of discs trying to get them working. The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives) .
 
djtaz said:
@david - were you never made aware that sarcasm doesnt translate online without the pitch changes of the voice ? Its quite well known that it should never be attempted on any website as it always ends up in a FAIL.
I'll remember to write that down.
tongue.gif
 
djtaz said:
.....blah blah blah crapshot is a roll of the dice when your a gambler playing a game called craps - what he was saying is that he read the guide and it seems that burning is a game of chance.

Whoa, I actually didn't know that, thanks I would also translate that as "crap attemp", and that is why I seriously need to be learning more english here there and everywhere
ohmy.gif
 
lol, me too ether.

English aint my first language, but im trying to make it so.

You sir, are a true English man
 
I wondered why he said I was going to get flamed.

My apologies that it was misunderstood - I was not talking about the guide. It answers lots of questions.

But the crapshoot was referring to if the burning is going to actually work.
I have been every where and there is no 1 answer to which disc to use, which program to use what speed to burn at, etc.

So the crapshoot is to burn lots of disks, on different programs at lots of speeds and stop when one works and do that again.

If I hadn't had a NTSC old gamecube game that worked I would have thought I installed the entire thing wrong. Modding the PSP was much easier.

My Ps2 isn't picky about disks. My DVD player with Divx only likes Sony. But it seems like everyone is getting mixed results on the Wii.

I just got my Verbatim disks hope they will work!
 
I was the one who said that you are gonna get flamed. I misunderstood what crapshoot meant, so forgive me on that one.

Basically, get a good DVD-R (Verbatim or TY) on imgburn, that's that. What's left to test is the burn speed.
 
I am someday going to do a ceiling in bad dvd's - it will be shiny.

Starting from the beginning.
Updated Wii PAL - 3.4E (IT guy at work did it)
Used TWH
Installed Wad's
Installed cIOS - Using SD card for files no Internet access
Installed Gamma Backup Launcher
Can not downgrade due to no internet access.
Gamma launcher says Running 0.3 gamma IOS 249

Tested Wii Games Burned on Sony DVD+R at 4x on Nero (burned before even getting Wii) - Error 324
Tested NTSC GC Pickmin - Worked
Burned many different games on
Sony DVD + R 16x, DVD - R 16x
No name Russian Brand LPro-R 16x
Verbatim -R 16x using IMGBurn and Nero at all speeds max, 8x, 4x
All Backups give DVD error 324

Am on Dell Inspiron 1525 With Vista Home, DVD Burner TSST Corp DVD+-RW TS-L632H

So now what? Did I do something wrong? Do I need to figure out how to downgrade? Or is it really just a burning issue?
And thanks for all the help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No worries - I live in Russia and understand not knowing all the lingo.
I wish I had seen the number of non-primary English speakers I wouldn't have used "crapshoot"
 
Try other media??

Get verbatims, or TY.

Keep on testing, and you'll find out the best combo
 
The reason theres no solid guide is that different people have found different things work.
It all varies depending on the PC your using , the Burner you have , the Discs and believe it or not , the Wii itself.
I have modded over 100 wii's at this stage and i use the same game to test every one of them.
I have had the game work on 95 of the 100 wii's but 5 of them it didnt work. Reburning to a different brand and the same game worked fine on those 5.
Its not a perfect science but generally , as post 1 says :
post1 said:
The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives) .
Failing that , you have to try other things and see if they work for you.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted