Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
cthg said:
Ok, I guess what I'm wondering now is... If the gc launcher always use a certain type of cMIOS to run the games, how is pressing B to load with patched MIOS any different?

Also If I install waninkoko's cMIOS can I play gamecube backups through the disc channel without installing preloader or starfall or anything like that?
1)There is only 1 MIOS on your Wii, so it always uses the same one. However when in the systemmenu, the Wii uses a IOS (30 or something, I forget) but when you hit B, it patches it to use the MIOS to read it so that it realizes it's a Gamecube game and can be played.
Yes, when you press b it patches the MIOS, but doesn't it always use MIOS to play gamecube games and therefore should always need to use the patched MIOS? So what's the difference between the MIOS that I installed with the "MIOS_Patcher" program that came with the gc launcher and the patched cMIOS that the launcher uses when I you press B? Or does the "MIOS_Patcher" install an older version of official MIOS or something?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cthg said:
Yes, when you press b it patches the MIOS, but doesn't it always use MIOS to play gamecube games and therefore should always need to use the patched MIOS? So what's the difference between the MIOS that I installed with the "MIOS_Patcher" program that came with the gc launcher and the patched cMIOS that the launcher uses when I you press B? Or does the "MIOS_Patcher" install an older version of official MIOS or something?

It is the same MIOS (v4, v5 or v8) patched to enable the DVD reading...!!!
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. I have the latest gamma loader but when I start it up nothing happesn. It goes to the gamma screen but the load game, boot with hooks options dont appear. I need help.

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed the cIOS again, tried the backup launcher to start the game and it didn't work, all I saw was a black screen.

I tried using another game and it didn't work too, black screen.... and this game works on the disc channel fine.

So what's the problem now?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simpleplan123 said:
No, I'm using the launcher from Djtaz's link... which is from the SD card. I do have a autoboot channel and that doesn't work either.

You missed or skipped a step and your cIOS isnt installed properly.
Ether was asking if you had a memory card or gamepad device plugged in while you tried the install - this can cause errors.

Wrong discs can also cause some issues - does it work with an original disc ?

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just tried with an original game using the autoboot channel. It didn't work either, black screen, nothing happening.

When I installed the cIOS, there wasn't any memory card or gamepad device plugged in. Only the game disc. Could that be the issue? What other steps are there besides installing the cIOS.... because that is pretty much all I did. Well, I did install the other ios/wads a while back when I was trying to downgrade my wii. So what am I missing?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does it boot from the Homebrew channel - can you re-installed th cIOS and see what it says at the very end of it please ?

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled the cIOS. At the end it says "INSTALLATION COMPLETE! DONE!". After that tried to boot a original game from the Homebrew channel, same thing, black screen.... nothing happens for 5mins.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simpleplan123 said:
I reinstalled the cIOS. At the end it says "INSTALLATION COMPLETE! DONE!". After that tried to boot a original game from the Homebrew channel, same thing, black screen.... nothing happens for 5mins.
OK try going to any title deleter and remove IOS249 from the system files
Then try installing cios_fix with the wad manager and then install the cIOS (number 1) again and check it again after that.
The install may be corrupt and needs a re-install , but while its there it wont let you re-install.

Its just gamma loader u have installed ? removing ios249 if u have softmii is dangerous.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cIOS installs ios249 so its not native to the Wii - sometimes it wont allow an overwrite for some reason , so removing it with any title deleter allows a clean re-install - its safe to remove

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I removed ios249, installed cios_fix with the wad manager, then proceed to install the cIOS installer. Then I inserted the backup game. Started the backup launcher, all black screen again..... waited for a few mins and still black screen. That one time it did manage to run, it was only a few seconds for the black screen. So.... what now :S?

Or is there a way to fix the 001# error I got when trying to run the game using the disc channel? It was because of that that I decided to try the backup launcher in the first place.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simpleplan123 said:
Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I removed ios249, installed cios_fix with the wad manager, then proceed to install the cIOS installer. Then I inserted the backup game. Started the backup launcher, all black screen again..... waited for a few mins and still black screen. That one time it did manage to run, it was only a few seconds for the black screen. So.... what now :S?

Or is there a way to fix the 001# error I got when trying to run the game using the disc channel? It was because of that that I decided to try the backup launcher in the first place.
Erm - how were u able to run the game on the disc channel ?
Have you tried original discs ?
What dvds are you using for the DVD's
What firmware version are you on ?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have a ModChip there is a patcher for the .iso's before burning that deletes the 001 and 002 error from games, is called GWP_1.2 by Bailli, search for it and try it, but I really think you have somenthing extra plugged in your Wii or the .dol for the launcher is corrupted, try formating your SD and place all the files back again, and/or try to get the Launcher.dol from other source (altough I doubt the DJTAZ's one is bad or corrupt)...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it