Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success using sony dvd-r 16x for backups on Img burn or Nero 6-6? Error 324 is the problem that I am trying to fix.

GmW1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I have a 3.2e Wii system, with the cIOS rev7 installed and I'm using the Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3gamma.
I've downloaded Warioland: The Shake Dimension (PAL) and burned it into a Maxell DVD-R , with ImgBurn, in 2.4x. However, almost every time I start a new level, I get the error "The game disc could not be read". I've already googled and searched in the forum, but I can't find any useful help.

Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between the MIOS patch that came with the Gamecube Launcher .1 theta and Waninkoko's cMIOS that some people talk about? Is pressing the b button in the loader to load a game the same as using Waninkoko's cMIOS?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
both cMIOS's are pretty much the same, its just that Waninkoko's uses the V8 MIOS and allows you to boot from the disc channel without using the launcher in the Homebrew Channel. While Wiigator's can use V4, V5 and V8 and can also do disc channel loading.

Using the launcher just gives you options to choose how you boot the game, so hitting B would just allow you to boot the game through the disc channel (Which is what the cMIOS's can do)

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
both cMIOS's are pretty much the same, its just that Waninkoko's uses the V8 MIOS and allows you to boot from the disc channel without using the launcher in the Homebrew Channel. While Wiigator's can use V4, V5 and V8 and can also do disc channel loading.

Using the launcher just gives you options to choose how you boot the game, so hitting B would just allow you to boot the game through the disc channel (Which is what the cMIOS's can do)
Ok, I guess what I'm wondering now is... If the gc launcher always use a certain type of cMIOS to run the games, how is pressing B to load with patched MIOS any different?

Also If I install waninkoko's cMIOS can I play gamecube backups through the disc channel without installing preloader or starfall or anything like that?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cthg said:
Ok, I guess what I'm wondering now is... If the gc launcher always use a certain type of cMIOS to run the games, how is pressing B to load with patched MIOS any different?

Also If I install waninkoko's cMIOS can I play gamecube backups through the disc channel without installing preloader or starfall or anything like that?
1)There is only 1 MIOS on your Wii, so it always uses the same one. However when in the systemmenu, the Wii uses a IOS (30 or something, I forget) but when you hit B, it patches it to use the MIOS to read it so that it realizes it's a Gamecube game and can be played.

2)You don't need Preloader or Starfall, but if you're doing stuff anything oustside of using the Gamecube backup launcher then I'd suggest that you aleady have them. Neither of them you actually notice unless you're either installing it or fixing it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
AndiNru said:
Tested Wii Games Burned on Sony DVD+R at 4x on Nero (burned before even getting Wii) - Error 324
Tested NTSC GC Pickmin - Worked
Burned many different games on
Sony DVD + R 16x, DVD - R 16x
No name Russian Brand LPro-R 16x
Verbatim -R 16x using IMGBurn and Nero at all speeds max, 8x, 4x
All Backups give DVD error 324

Am on Dell Inspiron 1525 With Vista Home, DVD Burner TSST Corp DVD+-RW TS-L632H

So now what? Did I do something wrong? Do I need to figure out how to downgrade? Or is it really just a burning issue?
And thanks for all the help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No worries - I live in Russia and understand not knowing all the lingo.
I wish I had seen the number of non-primary English speakers I wouldn't have used "crapshoot"

For the DVD+R you need to change the "book type" to DVD-ROM in the options just before click burn on NERO, I use Sony +R at 16X and they all work (not saying is going to work for you but you can try) here:

booktype.jpg

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GmW1 said:
Hello!

I have a 3.2e Wii system, with the cIOS rev7 installed and I'm using the Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3gamma.
I've downloaded Warioland: The Shake Dimension (PAL) and burned it into a Maxell DVD-R , with ImgBurn, in 2.4x. However, almost every time I start a new level, I get the error "The game disc could not be read". I've already googled and searched in the forum, but I can't find any useful help.

Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

By downloaded i assume you mean backed up because downloading a game you dont own is illegal... that out of the way , lets continue,
Your issue is not the Gamma loader nor is it the cIOS - once it works at all , they are ruled out,

So we are left with a few things.

1. The discs - Try a different brand of disc - Verbatim DVD-R is whats recommended.
2. The ISO image - Try backing it up from a different ISO
3. The burner - Use someone elses burner in case the burner is your issue , or you could try faster speeds ... read the page 1 guide it says fastest speed.
4. The wii itself - The lens on the wii is very sensative and may not be able to read some parts of your iso - if you know anyone else with a wii , try the game on theirs to check this.

AndiNru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working!
I installed Beta loader and Softmod and all the associated cIOS.
Now all my disks work. +r -r all speed burns, everything on Gamma!
And I have 5 repeats of 3 different games!
Thanks for all the help.

But I recommend that all the old cIOS files get installed as well as the new updated versions. When all burned disks give error 324

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i've sucessfully followed EOC's guide (brilliant) to downgrading and installing gamma and starfall and am very happy, evrything works! My problem is i can't acess the shopping channel,it asks me to update via the system. Also i've heard once you've installed Gamma and starfall you should install the twighlight hack again to help with recovering bricks,is that true or are they wrong? Any help will be appreciated by this newbie. Thanks!

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I used the cIOS installer and then used the backup launcher to launch Disaster: Day of Crisis, it managed to start and work once. After that I decided to go back to the wii menu first, but it became a blue screen instead. So I pressed the button to off and on the wii. Now when I try starting the game, it doesn't work. What's happening? Can anyone help?

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install apps/WADManager1.3/boot.dol, it gives me error 1029. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong. Installed dvdx and cIOS36 rev7 with no problem. And of course, when I run a backup, it get error 324.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
madmax23 said:
Hi, i've sucessfully followed EOC's guide (brilliant) to downgrading and installing gamma and starfall and am very happy, evrything works! My problem is i can't acess the shopping channel,it asks me to update via the system. Also i've heard once you've installed Gamma and starfall you should install the twighlight hack again to help with recovering bricks,is that true or are they wrong? Any help will be appreciated by this newbie. Thanks!

You need to run the WiiShop/IOS51 installer found at wiibrew.org, yes you need the twilight hack in your saves to be able to recover from a brick, but you can also install preloader and forget about starfall and TH installed...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hmm, I used the cIOS installer and then used the backup launcher to launch Disaster: Day of Crisis, it managed to start and work once. After that I decided to go back to the wii menu first, but it became a blue screen instead. So I pressed the button to off and on the wii. Now when I try starting the game, it doesn't work. What's happening? Can anyone help?

Mmmmm..... not sure but I think the cIOS is not properly installed, cause it can run the launcher, but the green screen I don't know why you got it...!!!

When I install apps/WADManager1.3/boot.dol, it gives me error 1029. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong. Installed dvdx and cIOS36 rev7 with no problem. And of course, when I run a backup, it get error 324.

Well DVDx is not needed for backups anymore, but you might have it installed for DVD movies
tongue.gif
, what are you trying to install with wad manager...?? and the error 324 is either bad burn/media or the cIOS is not properly installed, try installing it again and then check the backup and the Wad Manager, cause it hangs on the cIOS too...!!!
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madmax23 said:

Download the files in my zip and go into the apps folder - just take the safeupdate folder out and put it into the apps folder on your SD card
Then go into homebrew and run the safeupdate saying yes to all - it should fix your problems

Posts merged

simpleplan123 said:
That game can be very strange - it may be a disc error , try another game to confirm that you loader is installed properly.

Posts merged
simpleplan123 said:

QUOTE(El Rey @ Feb 10 2009, 03:09 PM)

READ MY SIGNATURE !!!

@ether - sorry man - didnt realise u it all covered before i went on my rant.

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well DVDx is not needed for backups anymore, but you might have it installed for DVD movies
tongue.gif
, what are you trying to install with wad manager...?? and the error 324 is either bad burn/media or the cIOS is not properly installed, try installing it again and then check the backup and the Wad Manager, cause it hangs on the cIOS too...!!!
smile.gif

[/quote]

I get the error 1029 when I try to install backup launcher 0.3 gamma channel with apps/WADManager1.3/boot.dol. So I go to the wad manager on my wii and I choose install backup launcher 0.3 gamma NTSC.wad. Through the wad manager, I can successfully install the Backup launcher 0.3 gamma channel. When I open the channel, it indicates cIOS249. Do I have all this messed up? Do I need to start completely over? What correct/working files should I have on my sd card.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El Rey said:
I get the error 1029 when I try to install backup launcher 0.3 gamma channel with apps/WADManager1.3/boot.dol. So I go to the wad manager on my wii and I choose install backup launcher 0.3 gamma NTSC.wad. Through the wad manager, I can successfully install the Backup launcher 0.3 gamma channel. When I open the channel, it indicates cIOS249. Do I have all this messed up? Do I need to start completely over? What correct/working files should I have on my sd card.
AS ABOVE - READ MY SIGNATURE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :cry: