Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
krizziz said:
hi
sorry,bit of a newbie.so maybe a dumb question
but I'm now on back up launcher beta,want to go to gamma.
do I need to uninstall beta first or .,....... ????
chris,Amsterdam

Whatever advise or guide you follow, you just need to update the cIOS to the Gamma one(rev7) and the loader itself. In which form you get the loader, .dol for HBC or as a channel doesn't matter.

If you use the original release, delete IOS249 before cIOS installation:
http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator

Dont understand much of it
but I will give it a try
thanx for your quick reply

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original release is also hosted on my server as you can tell from the link - it doesnt include a channel and the dol files dont have the 002 fix in them- best to get the later releases in my signature.

krizziz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djtaz said:
Nope - the guide explains that :

Updating from Beta

If you wish to update from the beta installer all you need to do is :
1. Backup your Sd card (just in case) then copy the contents of the new gamma zip to it and install the cIOS
2. Then install the channel (wiiish.wad) WAD or use the homebrew channel and backup loader to run the new loader

do I need internet on my wii to do this ????

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krizziz said:
djtaz said:

Updating from Beta

1. Backup your Sd card (just in case) then copy the contents of the new gamma zip to it and install the cIOS
2. Then install the channel (wiiish.wad) WAD or use the homebrew channel and backup loader to run the new loader

Nope

krizziz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djtaz said:
krizziz said:
djtaz said:

Updating from Beta

Nope

okay, thank you
sorry If I'm getting bored
But im a bit scared of doing something wrong.

So first I install new cios [sonic icon]
then install the new back up launcher ??
nothing more?
AGAIN sorry for my ignorance

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krizziz said:
djtaz said:
krizziz said:
djtaz said:

Updating from Beta

Nope

okay, thank you

nothing more?

hehe - yeah thats it - dont worry all the files have been tested loads of times. I have modded about 100 wii's myself at this stage and i use them files all the time.
Its good to be cautious but just so you know ... the cIOS installer is just an update on the one you have - it will overwrite it and DOL files rarely brick a wii - they will error if there is an issue.
The WAD Channel is again an update from what you have to allow more games and the main way channels brick is by having an incorrect image size - these were made using wadder which corrects the image sizes and prevents bricks - they have also been tested on all the wii's

The update is fine , no chances ot bricking , and yes that is all you need to do to put a smile on your face.
You may have to delete the old channel from the wii menu - channels area if it remains after an install.

krizziz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djtaz said:
krizziz said:
djtaz said:
krizziz said:
djtaz said:

Updating from Beta

Nope

okay, thank you

nothing more?

hehe - yeah thats it - dont worry all the files have been tested loads of times. I have modded about 100 wii's myself at this stage and i use them files all the time.
Its good to be cautious but just so you know ... the cIOS installer is just an update on the one you have - it will overwrite it and DOL files rarely brick a wii - they will error if there is an issue.
The WAD Channel is again an update from what you have to allow more games and the main way channels brick is by having an incorrect image size - these were made using wadder which corrects the image sizes and prevents bricks - they have also been tested on all the wii's

The update is fine , no chances ot bricking , and yes that is all you need to do to put a smile on your face.
You may have to delete the old channel from the wii menu - channels area if it remains after an install.

thanx , I will give it a go
dont understand what the WAD channel is,though
thanx

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
i've istalled as per the guide the gamma loader and all i get is clicking in my drive when lauching from the backup launcher channel or homebrew. the wii freezes (need to hold down power button) but keeps clicking. have tried 3 different titles using different speeds on verbatin -r using imgburn with no luck. seems i have done evering right according to guide and no errors when installing cios or anything else. thanks for your time tazzydevil.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser2010 said:
i've istalled as per the guide the gamma loader and all i get is clicking in my drive when lauching from the backup launcher channel or homebrew. the wii freezes (need to hold down power button) but keeps clicking. have tried 3 different titles using different speeds on verbatin -r using imgburn with no luck. seems i have done evering right according to guide and no errors when installing cios or anything else. thanks for your time tazzydevil.

What version of firmware are you on ?
Do original games load from the backup loader ?
Can you try re-installing the cIOS and let me know what the very bottom line says please ?
Are you loading same region games ?

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
for the DVD's to be readen you need to install DVDx as normal mode...!!!
smile.gif

I have followed the tutorial completely and even installed the MPlayer.
After this, like ether2802 said, I installed DVDx as normal mode. But still nothing when trying a regular dvd movie.

I keep getting a screen with the question whether I wanna load from USB or SD and some DJTaz servers.
Thats it. This is what I get when I start MPlayer which is by now a channel on my dashboard.

Regards,
DC

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:

Can you try re-installing the cIOS and let me know what the very bottom line says please ?

bottom line says installation done complete and then goes back to homebrew channel
firmware is 3.2 tried it with no luck and did safe upgrade to 3.3 with no luck
original games run from both homebrew and the b. loader channel!!!! yay getting close I think.
yes loading ntsc-u games on n3.2U with no luck tsc canada system and have checked my iso's to make sure they are ntsc-u
btw dvds r running fine with mplayer. my system is from 2006 so I either have a d2b or d2c if that makes any diffence. no mod chip yet and if I get this going I wont need one!!!
thanks again for your time in helping me.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser2010 said:
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:

bottom line says installation done complete and then goes back to homebrew channel
original games run from both homebrew and the b. loader channel!!!! yay getting close I think.
yes loading ntsc-u games on n3.2U with no luck tsc canada system and have checked my iso's to make sure they are ntsc-u
btw dvds r running fine with mplayer. my system is from 2006 so I either have a d2b or d2c if that makes any diffence. no mod chip yet and if I get this going I wont need one!!!

Its beginning to sound like the issue is with the burner. We know that the Verbatim DVD-R discs pretty much work for everyone - unless you managed to get a very dodgy batch.
ImgBurn works fine and you can load an original from the wii so it looks like everything installed ok

The last thing i can think of is a problem with the burner itself or just a bad batch of discs.

Can you try a different disc and burn an ISO with that - and if that fails - use a different burner just to test a game out ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
amrum said:
Hi every one.

Is it possible to remove all the traces left by the successive installations of loaders, IOS, homebrew channel etc... ?
Its possible using any title deleter , but if you delete the wrong thing you get a brick - its a very VERY very dangerous way of doing things and unless your totally stuck for space id use it as a last resort.

Posts merged

dannyboy_676 said:
QUOTE(ether2802 @ Jan 18 2009, 06:23 PM) for the DVD's to be readen you need to install DVDx as normal mode...!!!
smile.gif

I have followed the tutorial completely and even installed the MPlayer.
After this, like ether2802 said, I installed DVDx as normal mode. But still nothing when trying a regular dvd movie.

I keep getting a screen with the question whether I wanna load from USB or SD and some DJTaz servers.
Thats it. This is what I get when I start MPlayer which is by now a channel on my dashboard.

Regards,
DC

The Mplayer i have in my zip isnt designed for playing DVD's - you prob need another version of it - try [url=http://www.wadder.net]http://www.wadder.net[/url] and find one specifically for playing movies.
Mine is designed for streaming radio and streaming video from the servers.

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:

Its beginning to sound like the issue is with the burner. We know that the Verbatim DVD-R discs pretty much work for everyone - unless you managed to get a very dodgy batch.
ImgBurn works fine and you can load an original from the wii so it looks like everything installed ok

The last thing i can think of is a problem with the burner itself or just a bad batch of discs.

Can you try a different disc and burn an ISO with that - and if that fails - use a different burner just to test a game out ?

I haven't seen anyone else post this problem. have you heard of this before? i was thinking that too however I thought how could 3 discs be bad? however after having the expert and author share his thoughts I guess I'll try some more burning and will let you know. thanks again for your time and ideas.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser2010 said:
I haven't seen anyone else post this problem. have you heard of this before? i was thinking that too however I thought how could 3 discs be bad? however after having the expert and author share his thoughts I guess I'll try some more burning and will let you know. thanks again for your time and ideas.
I have seen one or 2 with the issue but its very rare - sometimes it can be the burner itself that has the problem. The discs can also be of a very low quality and verbatim have started to produce discs from a new factory i believe recently so they may eb substandard.
Its worth testing as i know the installer files work and you seem to have done everything correctlyand without errors so we are starting to point more at the burner or discs.

BBowser

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bowser2010 said:
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:

You're actually not the only one. I have the same problem. Everything works, i can boot up retail games with the loader, but the ones i burned just don't start. The drive just keeps repeating the first part of reading over and over again, like it can't read it. I will try a different burner this evening.

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
bowser2010 said:
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:

I'm d/l some new isos but in the mean time: when I go through the homebrew channel and launch the backup loader I'm getting DVD read error 324. Does this confirm your diagnosis Mr. Taz?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser2010 said:
I'm d/l some new isos but in the mean time: when I go through the homebrew channel and launch the backup loader I'm getting DVD read error 324. Does this confirm your diagnosis Mr. Taz?

error 324 is normally a bad burn - it basically means the wii cant read the disc ... which we know already before we get that error.
Sometimes its because the latest cIOS isnt installed properly , or at all , and sometimes its a low quality media , and finally its a burner issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.