OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiiheadache said:
Stage 3 : (Optional) Backup a game from the Wii
I have the url..... anyway thanks again.... you mentioned Though if were the type of person that would do illegal things , id install Wii Dumper and back it up to your PC - takes about 4 hours - but its a good thing in not that type of person.
well im not that type of person and i just want to make sure that stage 3 is not a slower ver of wii dumper cause i dont want to be a bad person so i not want to do that.

Stage 3 is wii dumper and takes about 4 hours depending on your connection - sometimes its easier to get a backup elsewhere

Doublearon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So every game I burn loads up, but then gives me the Disc cannot be read, refer to your wii manual error. What's up with that? Is there anything I've done wrong? Do I need a different DVD burner? Or is this just something stupid I should be able to fix?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as written in my guide :

ABOUT BURNING DISCS
Every single new person to the scene asks about discs. Use DVD-R discs as they are most reliable. DVD re-writables dont work 90% of the time and its best to totally avoid them if u dont want headaches. DVD+R can work , but its not a guarantee and you may waste a lot of discs trying to get them working. The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives)

whats not in it and its on page 1 - is burn DVD+R discs to booktype DVD-ROM - use seacrh above to find out how to do that

Doublearon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I've done all that. Could it be that my wii needs to be upgraded or downgraded? I'm at version 3.3U. Or maybe I just need to try different discs?

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi DjTaz and others offcourse,

Some questions:

1. Do I need to use wiibrickblocker with your installer?
2. Can I go on wiiconnect24?
3. What if I have to update for playing a game? Is that possible?
4. Do I have to make a NAND dump, to be safe for the future?
5. I have installed everything from Starfall, how is this related to the questions I have stated above?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doublearon23 said:
actually I've done all that. Could it be that my wii needs to be upgraded or downgraded? I'm at version 3.3U. Or maybe I just need to try different discs?
Its the discs - its always the discs.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dannyboy_676 said:
1. Do I need to use wiibrickblocker with your installer?
2. Can I go on wiiconnect24?
3. What if I have to update for playing a game? Is that possible?
4. Do I have to make a NAND dump, to be safe for the future?
5. I have installed everything from Starfall, how is this related to the questions I have stated above?
Ahh some good well formatted questions - i love things this way !!!

1. No , Gamma blocks updates , but its safer to use it on games that are not from your region ( NTSC games in Pal region) just in case - and its in the zip already.
2. Yes you can - it will ask if you want to update - its best to say no if you want to avoid future issues but you can if you really want to.
3. You never have to update - A game will ask you to update if its missing an IOS the game runs on , its contained on the disc , but you can extract that IOS and install it manually if required. (thats a different thread)
4. No you dont - but having backups of your original files is always a good idea. I have used this system and these files on over 100 wii's to date - it works (though i do a lot from memory and not read step by step)
5. Starfall is also part of the zip i have - its an optional but recommended install. Great program , though the new preloader is looking to be a lot better - you should look that one up if your modding your wii (its not stable enough to put in my zip yet)

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is the new preloader you mention, the CiosCorp stuff?
I have that zip-file, but havent done anything with it, yet.
I think I'll keep my Wii like it is, (soft)modded with your installer.

But there is just 1 thing:

What would I have to do now, to get rid of the HBC on my dashboard? Thats, because I actually only would like to play backups and that would make the backup launcher the only necessity.

Regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you only want backups , go to the wii menu - and channels and delete homebrew channel
you should also delete the twilight hack save if you want rid of all that stuff.

preloader isnt the same as cioscorp - but if your not totally comfortable playing about with your wii , ignore it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
iiisssshhhhh you really are mother Teresa of Calcuta DJTAZ, I can even believe this questions, if I read 1 more page I'll have to shoot myself between the ears, I guess I'm not that patient
rofl.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
iiisssshhhhh you really are mother Teresa of Calcuta DJTAZ, I can even believe this questions, if I read 1 more page I'll have to shoot myself between the ears, I guess I'm not that patient
rofl.gif

Hey thats not a question !!!
tongue.gif

And anyway , im prettier than her , though granted not by much.

farf21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Does anyone knows if Backup Launcher gamma can be patched to avoid black screen on discs that need to be patched to use IOS249 ???

grandlineageprog

Trophies
Website
www.prommorpg.com
XP
Country
United States
Attention to all players, and those people who cannot without MMORPG.
The new game portal PROMMORPG, soon opens new game servers:
1. Rising Force Online (RF Online);
2. LineAge II;
3. Perfect World;
4. World of Warcraft;
All games are absolutely free, no playing players from administration.
The newest games and the advanced equipment for them.
Fast communication channels and reliable data centres.
All can be found it on a game portal http://www.prommorpg.com

farf21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I never got a black screen on games i patched to ios249

I ask about games that has not been patched to use IOS249. is it posible to patch backup loader to load them without patch games?
Does anyone has CIOS Rev 7 from Waninkoko in a Wad File ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why do you need a wad file for it ? It installs using a DOL file no problems. Wad files are a lot more dangerous and can lead to a bricked wii if they are done incorrectly so its a lot safer to use a dol.

Its possible to get all of your isos patched to use ios249 and that will save you patching games if you want - use search to look for CIOSCORP and you will find it , but read all of the warnings first.

Elegidos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, everyone! I´m having a problem with the backup launcher.

Few days back, I´ve installed the Homebrew Channel with the Backup Launcher (Version 0.3 gamma IOS249 - Autor: WiiGator) and the cIOS installer (Version 0.3 gamma - Autor: WiiGator) in my Wii, Version 3.1E.

Well, I recorded my backup game of my Mario Party 8 on a DVD-R Verbatim 16x at a speed of 1x with the program ImgBurn. Well, I inserted the disc and the game loaded up with out any problems, but then it froze for a few seconds after playing for about 15 minutes and this message popped up:

"Disc cannot be read,
refer to your Wii manual"

Now everytime I try playing the game, this error message keeps poping up, strange. Any suggestions on why this might be happing?

Thank You

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: they wouldn't be called french fries at that point