Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I have started at step 5 of the downgrading. At step 10. "Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad "

I get the error: Installing title.....ERROR! (ret = -1035) press any button to continue.

So what's next?

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have succeeded in installing with the normal wad manager. So whats the difference anyway?? And do I have to repeat that step 10. but now with the Custom wad manager??

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there something that I can Hack for the Wii to read USB Pen Drive?
unsure.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dannyboy_676 said:
I have succeeded in installing with the normal wad manager. So whats the difference anyway?? And do I have to repeat that step 10. but now with the Custom wad manager??

You either missed a step or you got an error on some of them - try continuing , if you run into errors start again.

tomgibbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Using various guides (thanks djtaz) I have installed the backup launcher channel and can load backups. However when I try to go into the options screen on the backup channel I just get a black screen.

When i press A or sometimes other buttons I can briefly see part of the menu but then it vanishes. What is wrong?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the purpose of step 10 is to get cios_fix installed - if its installed move on to the next step .... if your not logical enough to work that out you really shouldnt be doing this.

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then why use custom WM according the tutorial if it can be done by using normal WM? I assume you had a reason to place that in the tutorial.
Can you explain that?
Im just trying to learn and dont wanna brick the stuff. Thats all.
Can you give me a link where I can learn/read about IOS/CIOS and the difference and use of these things?
Regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cutom wad manager is required for some people to install cios_fix - it runs under ios16 which means when the normal wad manager refuses to run , the custom one can be used to install things after you install iso16

All of this is discussed in detail in different parts of the boards.

the c in cIOS stands for CUSTOM - thats all it is , a customised version of the normal IOS , usually to allow certain things run that wont normally.

You wont brick using any of the files i have in my zip with the exception of misusing any title deleter and it wont matter if you try them in any order - they will either work or error in which case you have missed a step or done something wrong

Wad are the biggest cause of bricking wii's to date - i stay away from them unless they are required.

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
hi sorry im a noob!!
atm im on 3.4e and I want to know as some posts are a bit old do i really have to downgrade?

I was following a guide from another site I have hbc ver for 3.4 and have installed cIOS36rev7. Next step was for dvdx but i have 3.4 and couldnt find the IOS 249 on the advanced set up. So my noobie questions are:
1. do i have to downgrade????
2. assuming above is a yes, can I just continue and follow your guide without having to start again.

I did see a post about pressing a button on the wiimote and IOS 249 comes up in dvdx setup, if im correct so far does that mean I dont have to downgrade and can continue being on 3.4e.

sorry to pester just want to do it properly
thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In actual fact you dont need to downgrade - if you follow my guide down as far as step 11 and skip step 12 , you should still be able to continue with the beta loader install guide.

you dont need DVDx - im not sure who is telling you about that , but they need to be corrected fast as a lot seem to be trying it for some reason.

Ohh yeah - my step 10 may be incorrect - it i think i have to correct to to say use WAD Manager instead of Custom Wad Manager , but can you let me know when you try it if what is there is incorrect ? it should give an error -1035 i believe with the instructions there. Ive done so many wii's now im mixed up on that one point so someone doing it fresh can clarify as 2 people have had the issue already.

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks so much woo hoo no downgrade!!!!!!

the site that tells you bout the dvdx is http://www.instructables.com/id/SM9L87LFN4H8OKC/
maybe you can correct them lol.

so which step should i start at? I have hbc and cIOS36rev7 and wii is 3.4e I get confused cause everything is 3.4bad and dont upgrade.

plz just let me know what step to start at and I will let you know when i get to step 11 or 12.

lol I have 7hrs before zeldas due back to video store

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol - if you have the HBC installed you dont need to go any further with Zelda - thats all its used for.
biggrin.gif

Though if were the type of person that would do illegal things , id install Wii Dumper and back it up to your PC - takes about 4 hours - but its a good thing in not that type of person.

Anyway , if zelda is in - get the files from my zip , put them onto your SD card , and run

9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
10. Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

then skip to stage 2 and start installing a backup loader channel.

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for that!!!
im currently at 2. IF YOU HAVE A WIRELESS CONNECTION. Go to the Homebrew Channel and select 3. safe update 3.3
steps were fine

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
Stage 3 : (Optional) Backup a game from the Wii
I have the url..... anyway thanks again.... you mentioned Though if were the type of person that would do illegal things , id install Wii Dumper and back it up to your PC - takes about 4 hours - but its a good thing in not that type of person.
well im not that type of person and i just want to make sure that stage 3 is not a slower ver of wii dumper cause i dont want to be a bad person so i not want to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...