Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I have started at step 5 of the downgrading. At step 10. "Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad "

I get the error: Installing title.....ERROR! (ret = -1035) press any button to continue.

So what's next?

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have succeeded in installing with the normal wad manager. So whats the difference anyway?? And do I have to repeat that step 10. but now with the Custom wad manager??

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there something that I can Hack for the Wii to read USB Pen Drive?
unsure.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dannyboy_676 said:
I have succeeded in installing with the normal wad manager. So whats the difference anyway?? And do I have to repeat that step 10. but now with the Custom wad manager??

You either missed a step or you got an error on some of them - try continuing , if you run into errors start again.

tomgibbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Using various guides (thanks djtaz) I have installed the backup launcher channel and can load backups. However when I try to go into the options screen on the backup channel I just get a black screen.

When i press A or sometimes other buttons I can briefly see part of the menu but then it vanishes. What is wrong?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the purpose of step 10 is to get cios_fix installed - if its installed move on to the next step .... if your not logical enough to work that out you really shouldnt be doing this.

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then why use custom WM according the tutorial if it can be done by using normal WM? I assume you had a reason to place that in the tutorial.
Can you explain that?
Im just trying to learn and dont wanna brick the stuff. Thats all.
Can you give me a link where I can learn/read about IOS/CIOS and the difference and use of these things?
Regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cutom wad manager is required for some people to install cios_fix - it runs under ios16 which means when the normal wad manager refuses to run , the custom one can be used to install things after you install iso16

All of this is discussed in detail in different parts of the boards.

the c in cIOS stands for CUSTOM - thats all it is , a customised version of the normal IOS , usually to allow certain things run that wont normally.

You wont brick using any of the files i have in my zip with the exception of misusing any title deleter and it wont matter if you try them in any order - they will either work or error in which case you have missed a step or done something wrong

Wad are the biggest cause of bricking wii's to date - i stay away from them unless they are required.

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
hi sorry im a noob!!
atm im on 3.4e and I want to know as some posts are a bit old do i really have to downgrade?

I was following a guide from another site I have hbc ver for 3.4 and have installed cIOS36rev7. Next step was for dvdx but i have 3.4 and couldnt find the IOS 249 on the advanced set up. So my noobie questions are:
1. do i have to downgrade????
2. assuming above is a yes, can I just continue and follow your guide without having to start again.

I did see a post about pressing a button on the wiimote and IOS 249 comes up in dvdx setup, if im correct so far does that mean I dont have to downgrade and can continue being on 3.4e.

sorry to pester just want to do it properly
thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In actual fact you dont need to downgrade - if you follow my guide down as far as step 11 and skip step 12 , you should still be able to continue with the beta loader install guide.

you dont need DVDx - im not sure who is telling you about that , but they need to be corrected fast as a lot seem to be trying it for some reason.

Ohh yeah - my step 10 may be incorrect - it i think i have to correct to to say use WAD Manager instead of Custom Wad Manager , but can you let me know when you try it if what is there is incorrect ? it should give an error -1035 i believe with the instructions there. Ive done so many wii's now im mixed up on that one point so someone doing it fresh can clarify as 2 people have had the issue already.

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks so much woo hoo no downgrade!!!!!!

the site that tells you bout the dvdx is http://www.instructables.com/id/SM9L87LFN4H8OKC/
maybe you can correct them lol.

so which step should i start at? I have hbc and cIOS36rev7 and wii is 3.4e I get confused cause everything is 3.4bad and dont upgrade.

plz just let me know what step to start at and I will let you know when i get to step 11 or 12.

lol I have 7hrs before zeldas due back to video store

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol - if you have the HBC installed you dont need to go any further with Zelda - thats all its used for.
biggrin.gif

Though if were the type of person that would do illegal things , id install Wii Dumper and back it up to your PC - takes about 4 hours - but its a good thing in not that type of person.

Anyway , if zelda is in - get the files from my zip , put them onto your SD card , and run

9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
10. Load A. Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

then skip to stage 2 and start installing a backup loader channel.

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for that!!!
im currently at 2. IF YOU HAVE A WIRELESS CONNECTION. Go to the Homebrew Channel and select 3. safe update 3.3
steps were fine

Wiiheadache

Trophies
XP
Country
Stage 3 : (Optional) Backup a game from the Wii
I have the url..... anyway thanks again.... you mentioned Though if were the type of person that would do illegal things , id install Wii Dumper and back it up to your PC - takes about 4 hours - but its a good thing in not that type of person.
well im not that type of person and i just want to make sure that stage 3 is not a slower ver of wii dumper cause i dont want to be a bad person so i not want to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?