Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes me happy knowing that people are using my Wad Manager icon.
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anorhc said:
It makes me happy knowing that people are using my Wad Manager icon.
biggrin.gif

Great icon - thanks a lot for that Anorhc - I made up a few of the icons myself but that was perfect so i left it was it was.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
newbie here

1.- What do u mean with "1:1"?
2.- What is "common key" and what is that for?
2.- Can i completly uninstall all this in the future? How?
3.- What happens if i uninstall all cios, wads, etc and then update from nintendo?
4.- Can that update brick my wii if it detect "ghost" files from recent cios/wads uninstallation?
5.- Does this runs NTSC games in black and white?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
bin01 said:
newbie here

3.- What happens if i uninstall all cios, wads, etc and then update from nintendo?
4.- Can that update brick my wii if it detect "ghost" files from recent cios/wads uninstallation?
1. 1:1 means unpatched (or more accurately, unencrypted), i.e. the ISO burnt exactly as it is without doing anything to it.

2. You don't need the common key if you keep your games as 1:1.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
newbie here

2b - yes. anytitledeleter
3 - as of now, you would not be able to reinstall it and use it.
4 - probably not
5 - not if you use "force to NTSC"

jinkssick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz, just want to say what an excellent job your doing. and all them incredible nut jobs that get these things out for the normal folk
smile.gif

how can I make sure that my wii will not update apart from selectin OFF on wiconnect24?

I am asking this as I will be doing this for someone that is 8 years old and it would be a tragedy if he presses yes to an update. any ideas?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bin01 said:
newbie here

pelago answered 1 and 2 for you
3. Yes you can - most of the files are on the SD card , but ones that are installed use a WAD manager and press minus to uninstall and plus to install.
4. The files i have in my zip have all been tested (by many) and are all working fine. If you get files from other sources there is a possability that they can brick a wii - usually channels are the ones to brick a wii - most other files are ok.
5. If you install the NTSC channel from the most recent zip it should play them in colour (color since your american) and if you press the B while loading and select FORCE NTSC you can also change the settings on normal loaders or channels.

Hope that helps

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jinkssick said:
djtaz, just want to say what an excellent job your doing. and all them incredible nut jobs that get these things out for the normal folk
smile.gif

how can I make sure that my wii will not update apart from selectin OFF on wiconnect24?

I am asking this as I will be doing this for someone that is 8 years old and it would be a tragedy if he presses yes to an update. any ideas?

Thanks jinkssick,

Unfortunately there is no way other than turning off wiiconnect24. This wasnt really an issue until the latest version of updates that nintendo released on Oct 23rd that caused some problems - hopefully there will be a work around for these problems soon , but until then its best to disable that function and just enable it when you need it.

redrumbrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what are the 3 different backup loader channels used for?

backuploader0.3.wad
backuploader0.3forcedntsc.wad
backuploader0.3forcedntscvipatch.wad

what does each channel do differently?

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick noob question:
When wanting to play a backup of an NTSC game on a European Wii (set to PAL60). Which "force" setting do i need to use?

"Force PAL" could mean that it forces the game to display in PAL mode and that's what is needed to play it on an PAL Wii.
"Force NTSC" could mean that it forces the Wii to use NTSC and that's what is needed to play a NTSC game on a PAL Wii.
So i don't know ATM.

WATCHM3N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having the same issue as mikey. Sorry yes Im a noob to Wii hacking. Previously didnt have homebrew channel installed before new update. Currently have the Homebrew Channel 9 Beta installed. When attempting the cios installer i get the -1 error. The DVD X will not install either. It says to uninstall IOS249. When trying to launch a .iso i get the same lettering error as mikey.

Thanks in advance.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
redrumbrg said:
what are the 3 different backup loader channels used for?

backuploader0.3.wad
backuploader0.3forcedntsc.wad
backuploader0.3forcedntscvipatch.wad

what does each channel do differently?

backuploader0.3.wad forces the channel to pal mode as standard - european games
backuploader0.3forcedntsc.wad forces the channel to ntsc mode as standard - US games
backuploader0.3forcedntscvipatch.wad forces the channel to VIDTV mode as standard - Video Tv mode (never used this so im not 100% sure)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Starfire12 said:
Quick noob question:
When wanting to play a backup of an NTSC game on a European Wii (set to PAL60). Which "force" setting do i need to use?

"Force PAL" could mean that it forces the game to display in PAL mode and that's what is needed to play it on an PAL Wii.
"Force NTSC" could mean that it forces the Wii to use NTSC and that's what is needed to play a NTSC game on a PAL Wii.
So i don't know ATM.

Lol you can try either and they will work but colours may be off - Forced Pal is what you want to force the NTSC game to play in a Pal mode.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the topic creator, from Day 1 you have been feeding people false hope.

QUOTE said:
Q : Super Paper Mario freezes when I talk to the chick at Chapter 2-2. Fix it! (Seraph863)
A : So, don't talk to her. Read the GameFAQ on how to pass the area instead.

You cannot 'bypass' that. The other method was have someone play past that, anyway now with the new update .3 it doesn't crash there. So leave a note for .1 users, update to .3 to get pass that.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WATCHM3N said:
I am also having the same issue as mikey. Sorry yes Im a noob to Wii hacking. Previously didnt have homebrew channel installed before new update. Currently have the Homebrew Channel 9 Beta installed. When attempting the cios installer i get the -1 error. The DVD X will not install either. It says to uninstall IOS249. When trying to launch a .iso i get the same lettering error as mikey.

Thanks in advance.
If you have updated with the most recent nintendo update and the newest HBC update i really dont know what to do.

I dont have either of them - i know the latest update from Nintendo stops you installing new WAD files and stops a lot of installs as well.
The new HBC update stops the use of .elf files which means the wad manager no longer works unless you get the DOL version of it which also limits what you can use.

Someone else may have more input into this .. but you are gone past the installs that i have so id be guessing if i said anything more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7