Hardware Wii-Clip discount for GBAtempers

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Melchizedek said:
What do you guys think is the best version of the Wii-Clip for someone who doesn't have a modchip yet?
Obviously depends on the chip in your Wii whether it be DMS, D2A,B or C.
I've been looking at them and since I've got a D2A, I was looking at the Key Clip or Free Clip. But I'd just wait until all of the Clips are released and choose from there.

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I heard that Cyclowiz also supported open-source firmware... In that case, would the upcoming PIN-Clip be the best choice? Would it allow both "regular" and open-source firmwares?

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
It was also annoucned recently that the D2ckey is upgradable via the JTAG points at the bottom of the modchip (D2prog). Since you are not soldering on anything, if there was ever a need for an upgrade, it shouldn't be too hard.

Interesting.. the D2CKey team don't make new versions of the firmware publicly available though do they?

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
piepants said:
OzModChips said:
It was also annoucned recently that the D2ckey is upgradable via the JTAG points at the bottom of the modchip (D2prog). Since you are not soldering on anything, if there was ever a need for an upgrade, it shouldn't be too hard.

Interesting.. the D2CKey team don't make new versions of the firmware publicly available though do they?

well no, because for one, it's always worked. d2ckey is a stud.

queenaudio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My d2ckey soldered wii-clip from OzModchips arrived this morning. Took all in all 30 mins of my time to take apart my wii and install it. Complete newbie at wii modding so thought this wasn't too bad. It works perfectly well, I am really happy with it. For info, I didn't use the piece of card to shield the chip - Instead I just used clear tape over the chip and cut round it the same shape as the chip, that way there is the least amount of airflow disruption. Excellent product and excellent service from Oz, thanks!

G.

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OzModChips said:
It supports open source 3rd party firmware.....but the cyclowiz firmware is no open source.

What I would like to know is whether the PIN-Clip would allow both let's say Cyclowiz and YAOSM firmwares.

phistyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just received my wii-clip + d2ckey...not bad ...just 1 week and a few days delivery to U.S...the modchip and wii-clip was a whole lot smaller than i expected...I closed up jumper 1 and snapped it on my wii and everything is working well...tried naruto shippuden gekitou ninja taisen ex2 jpn and its working great....also tried my original smash bros brawl and its working great also..........i didnt hear a click or anything when i put the wii-clip on but im pretty sure it was tighten down...couldn't be simplier...taking apart the wii sucked though...so many small screws....but overall I highly recommend ozmodchips.... thanks a lot...

EastWarden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...."gulp"..I'm going to go ahead and take a dip and order one. Hopefully it pans out and it works, do you have any type of guarantee on your products/services.

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argon version in stock - http://www.ozmodchips.com/wiiclip-v2-solde...rgon-p-146.html
d2pro version in stock - http://www.ozmodchips.com/wiiclip-v4-solde...2pro-p-145.html

discount code still valid a lot of people are choosing DHL, which is $35, but gets to you very fast
have fun
smile.gif

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you offer a presoldered wasabi in the future? That is one of the modchips I was thinking about getting recently. I'm still not sure though.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't see a no solder wasabi happening untill they fix the bug. You get hit by it and you have to break out the iron to solder a capacitor in anyway , defeating the point of no solder.

baggieboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

If i'm buying a new Wii this weekend in england which of the solderless thingys would I need ? , or would i need to wait a while for one to become available ......thanks

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EvilShenanigans! said:
Will you offer a presoldered wasabi in the future? That is one of the modchips I was thinking about getting recently. I'm still not sure though.

Wasabi will be a dead modchip when D2pro comes out with 9 wires and works well. Which will be soon.

didineedthis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.consoletweaks.co.uk
XP
Country
baggieboy said:
Hi there,

If i'm buying a new Wii this weekend in england which of the solderless thingys would I need ? , or would i need to wait a while for one to become available ......thanks

do not waste your time with solderless installs (wii clips etc ) waste of money and more trouble than they are worth.
if you are wanting to install the wasabi ,you can do it yourself, its not a difficult install "just take your time" and you will be fine, if you dont want to solder to the ic legs ? you can solder to the underside of the board, to the vias. i install these on a daily basis and they are really easy ,even for a first timer if you just take your time and have a practise on some old pcb or some thing similar first.

didineedthis

baggieboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
didineedthis said:
do not waste your time with solderless installs (wii clips etc ) waste of money and more trouble than they are worth.
if you are wanting to install the wasabi ,you can do it yourself, its not a difficult install "just take your time" and you will be fine, if you dont want to solder to the ic legs ? you can solder to the underside of the board, to the vias. i install these on a daily basis and they are really easy ,even for a first timer if you just take your time and have a practise on some old pcb or some thing similar first.

didineedthis

Which site would you recomend to buy the wasabi mod from ? and do they work on all new wii's ? thanks

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
didineedthis said:
baggieboy said:
Hi there,

didineedthis

Ohh man, you are over estimating peoples skills
Easy is a relative word
I have a bucket of people that have mangled their wii on a wiikey install. Installing a wasabi would be a nightmare. even if they installed it on the Vias - do you think they know how to de-solder the board, unclip all the cables, solder it, and then turn it back around??

I can do a wasabi install with my eyes closed, but that is because i have been soldering for 9 years. Its all relative. Ask me to cook an easy meal and I will burn the fkn house down to the ground.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
why dont you stock open clip, fair enough you dont want to stock key clip as it uses wiikey firmware, but open clip uses open source code you should stock it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1