Hacking Wii bricked after installing preloader

SanGo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, I hope I can get some help after reading some of the threads here.

So I wanted to install preloader to launch a game that was not from my region. The problem was that my Wii was already updated to 4.2E. I had installed the HBC to boot the preloader installation. I found out that I had to use the Trucha Bug Restorer because my IOS had it blocked (IOS36). So I followed a guide to downgrade the IOS15, to patch the IOS36 and put the IOS15 back on. Everything apparently went well. After the installation I was redirected to the HBC. So far so good.

I then followed with the preloader installation. Launched from the HBC, it got installed then I was redirected to the preloader menu. It said there was an update but it got stuck on "downlading changelog" so I turned the Wii off. When I turn it on, it shows the preloader menu, and when I chose "Systemmenu" I says : "System files are corrupted...". I tried the "Homebrew Channel" option from the menu, but it says "Error autobooting HBCn maybe title not installed?". I did not install Bootmii. Can't I do anything to unbrick it?

Thx for your help guys.

EDIT : It's back on!! I went to the preloader settings and put the IOS to 36 and got the menu. But when I try the "systemmenu hacks" it says "Could not find "hacks.ini"" and it IS in the root of my SD card. What the hell?
EDIT2 : So now I cannot use the SD slot anymore. Every SD card I use gets an error msg "The device inserted in the SD slot cannot be used". Damn you preloader... Can I do anything? :/

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
first off all, use priiloader instead of preloader. preloader is outdated now

second, the SD is prob a SDHC i take it? cause IOS36 doesn't support SDHC, and neither did preloader

SanGo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, thx for answering guys!
smile.gif

Yes I used a SDHC, I only use miniSDs with an adaptator, it worked fine since I changed the IOS, which is probably why it's not working anymore, dammit! Thx for the info on priiloader, I did not know that, it's been long since I've last hacked my Wii XD. So the main problem was the SDHC, guess I gotta get a common SD. No prob with that!

I've updated my preloader with priiloader and put the IOS70 back on, and did everything according to the tutorial and everything is perfect now! This hack is a real beauty! xD
Thanks again for answering guys!

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
SanGo said:
guess I gotta get a common SD. No prob with that!
no, the SDHC fails cause (again) IOS36 doesn't support SDHC
and you were loading system menu using ios36
meaning system menu didn't like the SDHC

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 2 gig SD (not HC) card at best buy for 10 bucks. That should be enough room for 'bout anything you want (plus an external hard drive, obviously).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol