Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's all the info you'll need...

1) YES! You must install the cIOS wad file that comes with the loader package. IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

2) YES! You need to install DVDx to IOS249. IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

3) YES! You need to reburn all your DVD's with the patched version of the game. When your done patching, you'll have your Wii.iso and 'partition.iso'... burn partition.iso... IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

4) To get NTSC games working on NTSC Wii's with NTSC TVs, it seems you can't use the standard cables that comes with the Wii. AS OF NOW you need the component cables (high def) or a VGA Box.

It's 3am right now. I will make a Wiki new thread with all the info you need tomorrow sometime.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is awesome, it better work for ntsc. i think that once games are burned, they should be good to go even if the backup loader is fixed to support ntsc better (at least i hope).

about to burn mario kart wii (ntsc), any1 tried this already?

edit: what if i use the normal cables on an hdtv that has a vga input?

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Ok, here's all the info you'll need...

1) YES! You must install the cIOS wad file that comes with the loader package. IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

2) YES! You need to install DVDx to IOS249. IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

3) YES! You need to reburn all your DVD's with the patched version of the game. When your done patching, you'll have your Wii.iso and 'partition.iso'... burn partition.iso... IT'S NOT OPTIONAL!

4) To get NTSC games working on NTSC Wii's with NTSC TVs, it seems you can't use the standard cables that comes with the Wii. AS OF NOW you need the component cables (high def) or a VGA Box.

It's 3am right now. I will make a Wiki new thread with all the info you need tomorrow sometime.

Very nice, will try after I get a backup to patch and burn.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try that please. I'm currently testing with my projector. My tv ain't that old though...only end of 2003. It is standard definition though. Projector - it loads up past the grey screen that stopped the tv and even says switching to pal 60hz. It then freezes on a green screen.

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
hecz said:
I get this in the backuploader screen :

error ret = -4100

what im i doing wrong?
Oh my...
Installed cIOS?
Installed DVDx?
Patched your game?

yep installed the wad in the package, installed ios249 and patched my game

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OneUp said:
Try that please. I'm currently testing with my projector. My tv ain't that old though...only end of 2003. It is standard definition though. Projector - it loads up past the grey screen that stopped the tv and even says switching to pal 60hz. It then freezes on a green screen.

2003? SD? old.

ForceXT

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am trying to add Wad Manager to the Homebrew channel which I just installed and I get to the part where it asks you "Select Source Device.

I selected the "WII SD slot" but I keep on getting an error.

"Retriving Device Contents....ERROR (ret - 1)???

What am I doing wrong?

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you make a directory named wad and put a wad file there?

Considering the video stuff, I think you need component cables to get anywhere with ntsc wiis.

I have understood that rw don't work with most modchips, but I don't know how it is with this-test it.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way i could use waninkoko's anyregion changer to switch my wii to pal and then run an ntsc game over the regular composite cable?

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried with a HP dvd+R same ret = -4100 error
frown.gif

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
can i borrow games from say a friend or the video store, copy them as an iso, use that application that came with this and then burn it or doesn't it work that way?

JJK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble installing DVDx in IOS 249. I go to Advanced install, but IOS 249 isn't one of the options. There's IOS 20, IOS 21, IOS 22, IOS 28, and many others, but no 249. Help?

ForceXT

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OneUp said:
Did you make a directory named wad and put a wad file there?

Considering the video stuff, I think you need component cables to get anywhere with ntsc wiis.

I have understood that rw don't work with most modchips, but I don't know how it is with this-test it.

LOL..Just realized I forgot to put the cIso wad into the wad folder. I have now run through the process.

Now to install DVDx and I should be on my way.....yosh!!!!!!!!

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ADMINS please change the topic!! This makes me sick! It wasn't made by linkiworm... this is from Waninkoko!! I was a tester and thats the same program...
frown.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weird. I tried it, and I'm getting a black screen with static sounds. Something up here? >_>
The loader detects what game it is (Blast Works) and it tries to boot. But I just get that.

maggot666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJK said:
I'm having trouble installing DVDx in IOS 249. I go to Advanced install, but IOS 249 isn't one of the options. There's IOS 20, IOS 21, IOS 22, IOS 28, and many others, but no 249. Help?
first you have to install the customios...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~