Wii #2328 - Call of Duty: Black Ops (USA)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkShadow96 said:
Jakob95 said:
todd72173 said:
#1- DaraelGummy - change USB ports on your HD. if still not recognized, get another HD
#2 - Jakob95 - You need IOS 250..Use pimp app
Does Dop-Mii work? And were do you get this "pimp" app? Never heard of it.

Pimp My Wii. Can probably get it in the downloads section of GBATemp.
I heard that it wasn't stable is it?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
todd72173 said:
Got it working using IOS #250!! I used "pimp my wii' to update all my IOS. You have to run USB Config loader and choose '250' (not 249) and black ops will run. You HAVE TO update to 250 even using external hard drive and USB config..

dude anything can be installed to ios 250. you need to be specific what cios you are using and what rev. for example, waninkoko rev17 or hermes v5, or waninkoko rev20base37. just changing to 250 doesn't help unless you know what is in there.

DAREALGUMMY

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
todd72173 said:
#1- DaraelGummy - change USB ports on your HD. if still not recognized, get another HD

If I had the cash for one, I would buy the 360 version and play with my friends instead. I know what you mean though, I need to do a serious upgrade so I dont have to deal with this type of thing when big games come out. Thanks anyways.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Jakob95 said:
DarkShadow96 said:
Jakob95 said:
todd72173 said:

GBAtemp tends to not support that app. Both stability issues, and the fact it updates all IOS to the latest versions (including stubbing out the cIOS slots 222, 223, 224, 249, 250, 254, etc. if I remember correctly) are reasons why it is not supported. Just use DOP-Mii if you want to update your IOS, though it shouldn't be applicable in this situation. You'll need a cIOS on a certain base to get it working. Multiple reports say IOS57 as a base will work if used with rev19 or rev20b on IOS slot 250. Haven't tried it myself though.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Jakob95 said:
DarkShadow96 said:
Jakob95 said:
todd72173 said:

GBAtemp tends to not support that app. Both stability issues, and the fact it updates all IOS to the latest versions (including stubbing out the cIOS slots 222, 223, 224, 249, 250, 254, etc. if I remember correctly) are reasons why it is not supported. Just use DOP-Mii if you want to update your IOS, though it shouldn't be applicable in this situation. You'll need a cIOS on a certain base to get it working. Multiple reports say IOS57 as a base will work if used with rev19 or rev20b on IOS slot 250. Haven't tried it myself though.
Alright so with Dop-Mii what I basically do is download cIOS 250 with it?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Jakob95 said:
Wait a minute I already have IOS250... Which Base of it do I need I have cIOS250[37]-v20.wad.
You need to download a cIOSx installer to run the game. From there, you can use the network install option, which downloads the cIOS directly, and installs it to your selected slot and using what as a base. In this situation, it appears you'll need to get the cIOSXrev19 Installer, and from there install it in IOS slot 250, and using IOS57 as a base.

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiplayer and Zombie mode do not work. Just black screen. Single Player campaign works fine. Any reason why?
*Page 4 says its protection and needs to be patched. So not an issue on my end using USB external. Oh well.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who's actually played the game:

Can you compare the online visuals with those of GoldenEye? For me, GoldenEye is really hard to get into online, as the visuals take a major hit. How does Black Ops stack up in that regard?

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Wait how do you use PimpMyWii what do you have to select in the main menu?

Just run Pimp from HBC. Select "Manual Installation". It will scan the internet and show every single IOS available. Just go to 250 (last one) and click INSTALL. Thats it! Takes about 30 seconds.

scottieb99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After quite a bit of testing, heres what worked for me. Plays fine through disc channel, 4.2U dark corped. I wanted a channel made through loadstructor so I decided to use ios 223, base 57 and all modes work fine. 250 base 57 will work as well.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
todd72173 said:
Jakob95 said:

Just run Pimp from HBC. Select "Manual Installation". It will scan the internet and show every single IOS available. Just go to 250 (last one) and click INSTALL. Thats it! Takes about 30 seconds.
Ok I did that. It reloaded all my IOS's. Now it says do you want to do this using the network and I press A. Now it gives me this thing were it says IOS4 trucha bug, install=no and other stuff. What do I do from here.

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
todd72173 said:
Jakob95 said:

Ok I did that. It reloaded all my IOS's. Now it says do you want to do this using the network and I press A. Now it gives me this thing were it says IOS4 trucha bug, install=no and other stuff. What do I do from here.

1) Click 'update' to install latest version of PimpWii (latest installed is 2.11)
2) Click 'manual installation' - only install the IOS's needed- in this case 250
3) It will show you ALL IOS available. Click the + button to advance to IOS 250 and choose YES to install (keep all other IOS as is-no changes) You need however need to click A to validate every single option in order for it to install anything (even for one's you did not change). Once all validated, it will allow you to proceed with install.
4) In USB Config loader, change to use IOS 250 instead of 249

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
todd72173 said:
Jakob95 said:

I used the Auto feature to Pimp My Wii and I think I'm screwed.
frown.gif
I'm trying to install Hermes 5.1 to use base 57 and the installer doesn't work for me.

Anyone have any clues how I can get it workin'?

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
todd72173 said:
Jakob95 said:

I used the Auto feature to Pimp My Wii and I think I'm screwed.
frown.gif
I'm trying to install Hermes 5.1 to use base 57 and the installer doesn't work for me.

Anyone have any clues how I can get it workin'?

I used the auto installer last time and all it did was make my homebrew channel upside down. I was able to fix that easy. It does not update your system menu to anything higher than 4.1. I updated all my channels including weather, shop, etc. But now for the second time using it, I just do manual and install only the IOS I need at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...