Wii #2262 - Super Mario Collection (Japan)

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game box has a different cover. Thats the box for the whole package(game, booklet and cd). Theres also a Super Mario Bros. 25th anniversary red Wii coming out bundled with New Super Mario Bros Wii and a red Wiimote with Wii motion plus.Red Wii

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the pre-installed version of "Super Mario Bros. 25th" on the Japanese 25th anniversary Wii will be ripped soon?
The US are getting screwed again, red Wii but no pre-installed special editon Super Mario Bros.!
frown.gif

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can understand anyone who is buying this or waiting for the UK,for the special 25th year stuff,(I was about to) but whats in the game?Is it just a port of the SNES Mario Allstars rom?If so,they got REALLY lazy.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mariosonic said:
I can understand anyone who is buying this or waiting for the UK,for the special 25th year stuff,(I was about to) but whats in the game?Is it just a port of the SNES Mario Allstars rom?If so,they got REALLY lazy.

Yes, 1:1 port. Doesn't even have widescreen support.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
mariosonic said:

Wow,thats stupid.

Eh,if this special pack comes in the US,I still might get it.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
mariosonic said:

I dont even think its a port, I think it is the snes rom with a snes emu.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Krestent said:
They didn't even bother making the ? blocks 25 blocks in this version...
Wait what? There're two different versions or something? o.O

I've been playing it, and it is pretty much identical. Super Mario All-Stars was renamed Super Mario Collection in the title screen and that's about it. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Oh, and WBFS Manager gave me a 0.03GB size when only including the game partition so...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CarbonX13 said:
Krestent said:

I've been playing it, and it is pretty much identical. Super Mario All-Stars was renamed Super Mario Collection in the title screen and that's about it. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Oh, and WBFS Manager gave me a 0.03GB size when only including the game partition so...

Anything got renamed. JPN Mario All-Stars always had this title.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yuan said:
CarbonX13 said:
Krestent said:

=.=" Well then nothing changed with the game then. It's just the SNES rom emulated onto the Wii. Heck, it still shows us the SNES controls when we're selecting the title.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CarbonX13 said:
Yuan said:
CarbonX13 said:
Krestent said:

=.=" Well then nothing changed with the game then. It's just the SNES rom emulated onto the Wii. Heck, it still shows us the SNES controls when we're selecting the title.

Yes, nintendo lazy as hell.

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
The games in this collection are NOT the original roms. They are a bit modified. You will find out if you play them.

How are they different? Because I already have the SNES ROM with World as well and don't need to get this unless, there is something that separates this game from the SNES release.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this shit is gay... you people are stupid if you give nintendo your money for the same thing you've bought multiple times before... this is the worst possible and most disrespectful 25th anniversary anything that i have ever seen and the executives at nintendo should be lining up to throw themselves off of there own headquarters building...​

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Jackaltyson said:
WiiBricker said:
The games in this collection are NOT the original roms. They are a bit modified. You will find out if you play them.

How are they different? Because I already have the SNES ROM with World as well and don't need to get this unless, there is something that separates this game from the SNES release.
You can play them with a Wii Remote by itself. You can't do that with any other versions, not even the Virtual Console releases (for the SNES ones), does that count?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pattonfiend67 said:
this shit is gay... you people are stupid if you give nintendo your money for the same thing you've bought multiple times before... this is the worst possible and most disrespectful 25th anniversary anything that i have ever seen and the executives at nintendo should be lining up to throw themselves off of there own headquarters building...

Don't think so -> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=272256

Even their shittiest release prints money. So, they are laughing at us right now =].

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT