Wii #1752 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
lol @ people complaining about the game's difficulty.

If you want a hard Mario game, go get The Lost Levels on Virtual Console! If you want a Mario game that's fun to play with friends and with a reasonable difficulty, get this!
tongue.gif

Now, my Wii has a D2CKey and no softmod.. do I need any patches to make this work? This has the 4.2 update right? Will I have any problems if I update?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
lol @ people complaining about the game's difficulty.

If you want a hard Mario game, go get The Lost Levels on Virtual Console! If you want a Mario game that's fun to play with friends and with a reasonable difficulty, get this!
tongue.gif

People say that World 9 is tougher than the Lost Levels. Well, Hadrian does. I find this game to be pretty damn hard.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Tomobobo said:
This is the hardest Mario game ever. They don't give you yoshi houses to get free crap all the time, they don't give you extra saveable items to drop down whenever you need them. The final Bowser fight is the most out of control tough Mario boss there has ever been. The game ramps up in dificulty after the first world. Not only all of this, but try to play 4-Player and not die every 4 seconds from someone jumping on your head and sending you into a pit of lava.

This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I'm the most critical gamer I've ever met. This game restored my faith in the video game industry, in creativity, in dedication to the gamer. It has classic written all over it, every second is pure nostalgia.
Dude I can't even get past the first castle in level 2
hate2.gif
stoopid fireballs. I've always sucked at 2D mario games, but this is ridiculous xD Thumbs up for Nintendo!

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
B-Blue said:
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!
You haven't even played the damn game! Believe me even if you're a "H4RD C0R3 GAM3R", you'll find this game to be incredibly HARD!
World 9 is just ridiculously difficult. You're gonna die so many times and that damn green block will appear and you'll be tempted to use it just to see how to pass a certain part of a level. I guess they weren't lying about this game being "devilishly difficult".

TBH, I finished the game a few minutes ago (PAL version, 100%) and I didn't see a single green block in World 9, however I did see it in several other levels XD
Just don't go crazy and run through the level, take your time and everything's gonna be OK.

However, this game IS hard (though not as hard as some people say, really 9-7 is not OMGUBER hard, just frustating as hell
mad.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this game is freaking amazing. its not to hard but not to easy.

just by the game its worth it

opps triple posted sorry

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no confirmation on if this game works on softmodded Wii's using neogamma/backup launchers. I will download and try it and give you the news unless someone does already while I'm downloading.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taik said:
B-Blue said:
Retal said:
Overrated crap.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros. I'd turn on my SNES, but I don't, because I finished that years ago.

This is like Super Mario for casuals.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!
You haven't even played the damn game! Believe me even if you're a "H4RD C0R3 GAM3R", you'll find this game to be incredibly HARD!
World 9 is just ridiculously difficult. You're gonna die so many times and that damn green block will appear and you'll be tempted to use it just to see how to pass a certain part of a level. I guess they weren't lying about this game being "devilishly difficult".

TBH, I finished the game a few minutes ago (PAL version, 100%) and I didn't see a single green block in World 9, however I did see it in several other levels XD
Just don't go crazy and run through the level, take your time and everything's gonna be OK.

However, this game IS hard (though not as hard as some people say, really 9-7 is not OMGUBER hard, just frustating as hell
mad.gif
Without giving any spoilers as to how to get to World 9? Does it require 100% on the Star Coins? I probably have 90-95% of the Star Coins. Also saving Toad every level is a bitch when you can't do anything other than jump or throw him somewhere without killing him. I find it easy to maintain 99 lives and constant mushroom powerups with the side missions. They need to have limited uses for it in the later missions.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed working with soft mod 4.0 and mod chip(NTSC) just want to make sure. I had been reading how some with PAL systems could not work the PAL version

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kevin242 said:
So is there zero chance this will work with just a hard modded Wii? Is there anything I can do to the .iso before burning to get it to work without soft modding my Wii?
thanks!!

NO, you need to patch the .iso and then re-introduce the trucha bug into the IOSes 53 and the one supporting your SysMenu

CockroachMan said:
blah blah blah...
Now, my Wii has a D2CKey and no softmod.. do I need any patches to make this work? This has the 4.2 update right? Will I have any problems if I update?

It contains 4.1 and a new IOS53 version, you need to patch the .iso and then re-introduce the trucha bug into the IOSes 53 and the one supporting your SysMenu, I don't think there is any danger in the 4.1 update, except the part where you need trucha-bugged IOSes

QUOTE(Brian117 @ Nov 15 2009, 01:51 PM)
Still no confirmation on if this game works on softmodded Wii's using neogamma/backup launchers. I will download and try it and give you the news unless someone does already while I'm downloading.

I saw a post on the "Wii Games Hints" (or something like that) section about burning the game onto a DVD-R and a DVD+R, to make this game to work thru a DVD with a only-softmodded Wii, to be honest.....no one replied to confirm that really works, so I think you need to try, still you need to patch the .iso

.....let's all remember that a game PAL released now as NTSC, doesn't have any change at all except for the video output and sometime the languages, when was the last time you saw a game not working on one region and then working on the other...?? this ain't DS's games....!!
lecture.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tomobobo said:
This is the hardest Mario game ever. They don't give you yoshi houses to get free crap all the time, they don't give you extra saveable items to drop down whenever you need them. The final Bowser fight is the most out of control tough Mario boss there has ever been. The game ramps up in dificulty after the first world. Not only all of this, but try to play 4-Player and not die every 4 seconds from someone jumping on your head and sending you into a pit of lava.

This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I'm the most critical gamer I've ever met. This game restored my faith in the video game industry, in creativity, in dedication to the gamer. It has classic written all over it, every second is pure nostalgia.
The hardest Mario game? One of the best games you've ever played? I don't want to be rude, but you haven't played a lot of games then; not even a lot of Mario games. Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2 (the Japanese one) were a lot more difficult than this. It's about as hard as Super Mario Bros. 3 I'd say.

And while this is a good game, I don't see how it can be one of the best games ever. Sure, it's a good game and sure, it's really fun to play, but it doesn't really do anything new. I appreciate that they added 4 player coop (which really adds a lot) but other games have done far more and were just plain better.

That said, this game is great. It's ridiculously fun to play for everyone (casual, hardcore, whatever) and it has the amount of difficulty that makes a Mario game fun to play. There's a great ninth world and unlocking the levels in it is very hard too (not to mention time-consuming). Best game ever? Not even close. Best Mario game ever? Certainly not. But very enjoyable and worth buying or at least playing.

Now that we've all played this, it's time for the real next Mario game: Galaxy 2
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(CuriousG @ Nov 15 2009, 08:58 PM) Without giving any spoilers as to how to get to World 9? Does it require 100% on the Star Coins? I probably have 90-95% of the Star Coins. Also saving Toad every level is a bitch when you can't do anything other than jump or throw him somewhere without killing him. I find it easy to maintain 99 lives and constant mushroom powerups with the side missions. They need to have limited uses for it in the later missions.
Yeah, you need 100% Star Coins in one world to unlock one level in world 9.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Cracking game, still got a very old school flavour to it, particularly in the style of the secrets etc.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Burned it to see what would happen and it gives me a black screen with an error message :/

Asked me to update to 4.1U, which is weird cause my Wii was already updated
tongue.gif

I hope a patch comes out cause I don't want to mess with my Wii's IOS and stuff.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CockroachMan said:
Burned it to see what would happen and it gives me a black screen with an error message :/

tongue.gif

I hope a patch comes out cause I don't want to mess with my Wii's IOS and stuff.

did you block updates?

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of this shit is crazy confusing.
Someone needs to post a tutorial for us Modchip Only users. All of this trucha and IOS talk is confusing to the lot of us and well, a step by step explanation would be most awesome. I mean, I thought you just had to patch the game and it'd work, but apparently that's not the case because I have a patched version of the PAL game and I can't get that thing to start up.

I have the original WiiKey and the latest system menu firmware. I've been able to play every game perfectly...except for this one. Can someone shed some light?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Tried to burn it again with a fix I've found (yes, it's a fix for the USA version, it's just out).

Now it's giving me an error when I click on the Disc Channel!
wtf.gif

What is this fix for the USA version you are talking about. I just burned the game and was going to pop it into my WII(NTSC USA) I have a mod chip and its soft modded) do I need to do some kind of fix to make this game work?

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Lakerfanalways said:
CockroachMan said:
Tried to burn it again with a fix I've found (yes, it's a fix for the USA version, it's just out).

Now it's giving me an error when I click on the Disc Channel!
wtf.gif

What is this fix for the USA version you are talking about. I just burned the game and was going to pop it into my WII(NTSC USA) I have a mod chip and its soft modded) do I need to do some kind of fix to make this game work?

Like with the PAL version, there's a patch for the game going around to make it work.
Can't post links to it since it has copyrighted material in it. Anyway, I don't know if really works, since it only made things worse for me
tongue.gif

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:

tongue.gif

you have a 4.1U wii,what would happened if i played the games on my 4.2U wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1