Wii #1731 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Europe)

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
mypetfrog said:
OK, back to Wii after many many months out.

So can anyone point me to latest tutorials to run using a USB stick? What to do etc? No idea where to start. Searched and found lots of old info back in January and September but can't find a decent tutorial that is bang up to date.

thanks. game looks fab.
1) Install the latest version of the Homebrew Channel and if your console supports it, BootMii. Use the Hackmii installer for this. http://bootmii.org/download/

2) Optional: Do a NAND backup of your console, if it supports BootMii.

3) Install cIOS38 rev 14. http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-14

4) Pick a USB loader. WiiFlow R20 is pretty easy to use and has the NSMB fix. http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/

5) Download WBFS Manager and use it to format a USB drive (flash or hard disk, it doesn't matter) to the WBFS format. Then you can the Manager to load games on to the USB drive. http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

6) Plug the USB drive in to your Wii, fire up WiiFlow, and have fun.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
florian said:
ViRGE said:
yifan_lu said:
What's the difference between this and the XXXX one released days ago? http://gbatemp.net/?showtopic=189548

If the "anti-piracy" "problem" isn't fixed yet, then what's the difference? Why is the last one XXXX?

(Sorry for the noobish questions)
That was a scrubbed release. Scrubbed releases aren't issued numbers.

and this release work without a fix ?
No.

No scene release will work without a fix. This game includes new copy protection mechanisms that will be in all scene releases.

To play the game you need an unofficial patched copy of the game or a recent loader that already has the fix for this game.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ViRGE said:
florian said:
ViRGE said:
yifan_lu said:
What's the difference between this and the XXXX one released days ago? http://gbatemp.net/?showtopic=189548

If the "anti-piracy" "problem" isn't fixed yet, then what's the difference? Why is the last one XXXX?

(Sorry for the noobish questions)
That was a scrubbed release. Scrubbed releases aren't issued numbers.

and this release work without a fix ?
No.

No scene release will work without a fix. This game includes new copy protection mechanisms that will be in all scene releases.

To play the game you need an unofficial patched copy of the game or a recent loader that already has the fix for this game.

the fix ( main.dol ) for release scrubbed work on this release ?

mypetfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant - thanks ViRGE!
smile.gif

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ViRGE said:
florian said:
ViRGE said:
florian said:
the fix ( main.dol ) for release scrubbed work on this release ?
Yes.
how to find a link for the good fix main.dol
smile.gif
thanks
smile.gif
We're not allowed to link to fixed DOLs. Sorry.

ok but sure the fix main.dol for the scrubbed version work fine on this proper relase scene sure ?
smile.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We can't provide links, but you can search google by yourself (I found one really quick)

If you are using an USBloader, you don't need any patching,
USBloaders are updated to work without doing any patching/swapping/altdol method to main.dol
just update to your latest usbloader version and play it like any other game.

If you don't use USBloader compatible with the new Antipiracy check, you can patch your own main.dol copy like this :
- extract main.dol with trucha or Wiiscrubber
- use an hex. editor to edit main.dol
- go to offset 0x1ab750 and replace 94 21 FF D0 to 4e 80 00 20
- save the file.

now 2 choices :
1 - replace the new main.dol into your iso with wiiscrubber or trucha. (but you need a modchip + trucha bug on IOS53 and system menu anyway)
or
2 - use an USBloader working with alt. dol and rename main.dol to SMNP01.dol and use it to boot the game.

florian said:
ok but sure the fix main.dol for the scrubbed version work fine on this proper relase scene sure ?
smile.gif

Scrubbed game's files are the EXACT SAME files as the full game.
Scrubbed version is only shorter in size when rar'ed

(and sometime scrubbed version don't have update partition, that's the case for NSMB's scrubbed version, but it doesn't change anything on how to play a game)

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello
smile.gif

Well well i have this file : SMNP01.dol i rename to main.dol ? and i replace the main.dol in the partition 0 or partition 1 ?

ps: the partition 0 is update also i choose and replace the main dol on partition 0 or 1 ?

please help me
smile.gif
and its sure its on partition 0 to replace the main.dol because two partition 0 update and 1 data ?

thx again
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ViRGE said:
Slave said:
Any FW updates on it?
It comes with 4.1.
I don't understand any of this. Hundreds of pages, people talking about new loaders, main.dols, etc.
I have 4.0E with a cIOS (I believe rev13a) and a wiikey. A few days ago I downloaded some "fixed" version, ran it via my old usbloader and.... the game runs PERFECTLY. What did I do right? Or what is the fix in the game?

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
no no i tried to replace the main.dol on partition 0 update and wiiscrubber say unable to replace the main.dol not space here ? a member here say to me its on partition 0 and wiiscrubber no inject on partition 0 its refused !

i dont understand i inject the main.dol on partition 1 data also ?

i think no inject with wiiscrubber not space on partition 0 : is another protection by nintendo? also replace the main.dol in partition 1 : data ?

fuzzyponken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good god this all sounds so complicated. I don't understand one word of what the hell you're all talking about. I thought I'd be set buying a chipped Wii.
I guess I'll have to start buying my games if these copy protections are in future games as well.

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
ViRGE said:
Slave said:
Any FW updates on it?
It comes with 4.1.
I don't understand any of this. Hundreds of pages, people talking about new loaders, main.dols, etc.
I have 4.0E with a cIOS (I believe rev13a) and a wiikey. A few days ago I downloaded some "fixed" version, ran it via my old usbloader and.... the game runs PERFECTLY. What did I do right? Or what is the fix in the game?
We are almost on the same boat.
I have a US Wii on 4.1, wiikey1, brickblocked this release, regionfrii'ed it to US, works like a charm for a few minutes then get a disc error, which I know is not an issue with the media. so look slike even with a chip, you need the alt dol.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
fuzzyponken said:
Good god this all sounds so complicated. I don't understand one word of what the hell you're all talking about. I thought I'd be set buying a chipped Wii.
I guess I'll have to start buying my games if these copy protections are in future games as well.
It only *sounds* complicated... It's no harder than: Install Wiiscrubber, open iso, right-click a file in partition0, click replace, replace with cracked main.dol, close wiiscrubber, PROFIT!

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Neversoft said:
fuzzyponken said:
It only *sounds* complicated... It's no harder than: Install Wiiscrubber, open iso, right-click a file in partition0, click replace, replace with cracked main.dol, close wiiscrubber, PROFIT!

no space on partition 0 update!!! place to partition 1 data ! partition 0 no accepted by wiiscrubber lol
smile.gif
put the main.dol on partition 1: data !

pu|se

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the first scrubbed WiiSOS release couldn't be played, cause it froze after some minutes.
but they already released a new scrubbed version two days ago which is playable on the latest USBloader.

I'm using USBloader GX, with error002fix and it just works perfect.
they also say it would work with neogamma but I didn't try it..

great game anyway

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don´t replace the main.dol int Partition 0. Partition 0 is only for Update files Partition 1 is the game data
wink.gif
. Or just use the geckocode or a Loader that support the game (most of them should be already have a hardcoded fix for it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1