Wii #1241 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (USA)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been waiting such a long time for this game, ever since I bought my Wii.
Hopefully it's as good as I want it to be
tongue.gif

And hopefully the scrubbed size isn't too large, although I doubt that
frown.gif

The previous one was 4GB (IIRC) scrubbed, so I doubt this will scrub good.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CockroachMan said:
2008 was good.. but had some small problems, controlling defense was pretty bad.

Apparently Konami fixed most of the 2008 issues here
smile.gif

Yeah, the defense should have been fixed, hopefully it's true
smile.gif

This is the conclusion of ONM:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009: 93%
+ Defensive controls are fixed!
+ Classic controller support
+ Master leagure inluded
+ Improved champions road
- Not enough licensed teams

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't wait to try this out, the last one truly revolutionized the control scheme for this game, I'm excited to see what they've done!

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have truly fucked up on the team stats, all top Italian teams are better stats than the equivalent English clubs, which just isn't the case, the top English teams are superior to the Italian top teams, which has been proven this week without a shadow of a doubt.

Oh yeah and the game works fine with YAOSM on 3.2, using Wii Backup Loader and from the Disk Channel set to NTSC using Any Region Changer.

mauroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sick Wario said:
messi on the front. nice

does anyone know if MLS are included?

MLS? Really? That's like asking if teams from the zimbabwe league are included in a NFL game!! Seriously...

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PES 2008
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

Those are my top 3 games for the Wii in 2008 in that order. Can't wait to spend another few months of my life playing this new one.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth is a football game released in the USA first? What sort of marketing idea is that, to release a sport game first into a country that mostly hates it?

I guess I'll try it out to see if gecko forces pal on it.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it better than fifa 09 since i've played the fifa seris more than PES but i perfer it on xbox 360 for the supurior graphics and engine (very much more realistic) and yea whats up with US getting it before EU even if im in the US

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
Why on earth is a football game released in the USA first? What sort of marketing idea is that, to release a sport game first into a country that mostly hates it?

I guess I'll try it out to see if gecko forces pal on it.
Pro Evo 2008 was also released in the US first.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Ichigosj said:
is it better than fifa 09 since i've played the fifa seris more than PES but i perfer it on xbox 360 for the supurior graphics and engine (very much more realistic) and yea whats up with US getting it before EU even if im in the US

Anything must be better than FIFA 09 on the Wii, that was abysmal. It was half playable with a gamecube controller but the motion controls were really bad. But even then, I never got past 15 minutes of a game online. Tried about 20 times then flung it.

I have hopes for this, last years was ok, so a few tweaks on the defence should see an improvement.

This and the new grand slam tennis, I'm hoping for a few decent online games on the wii.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
No MLS... EA's FIFA has exclusive rights for MLS I believe, along with loads of other leagues they have. FIFA 09 on Wii was pretty fun... but defense controls sucked. PES 08 also was good... but I found FIFA 09 better then that. I hope with the improved defense controls and everything else... and licensed UEFA Champions League... this should be the new definite Wii Soccer Sim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjrWHozUdIE