Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
Heran Bago said:
I was suprised by all the north americans playing it. When I try, it works but I get that black and white flickering "this is PAL" business. There a way to fix this at 480i?

Sounds like your TV doesn't support 60hz?
NTSC is 480i, 60hz...

It doesn't support PAL, 480p, PAL60, or 50hz.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
MC DUI said:
spectral said:
For those that find pressing a button too difficult I guess. I've seen mentioned that the reason they changed it was because the wiimote steering doesn't react fast enough to have it steering side to side quickly.

Hooray! Another game gets dumbed down just because a game must use the stupid-arse gimmicky wiimote.

The Wii sucks.
hate2.gif

Well, luckily people can disagree. I think the Wiimote method works fine. On the other hand I can imagine that people who really want to use their skills to the max, the gamecube method works better for them. In my opinion the Wiimote is still something for the average gaming Joe, which I still am, although I've been playing games for more than 20 years. I just love to try out other ways of controlling games. I think it's wonderful that you get to choose which control scheme to use with games like SSBB and Mario Kart. I probably will keep pleying this one with the Wiimote, until I start to lose all games. Then I might want to check out the GC style, but for now it's more than fine for me.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MC DUI said:
spectral said:
For those that find pressing a button too difficult I guess. I've seen mentioned that the reason they changed it was because the wiimote steering doesn't react fast enough to have it steering side to side quickly.

Hooray! Another game gets dumbed down just because a game must use the stupid-arse gimmicky wiimote.

The Wii sucks.
hate2.gif
Just watched the current world record for some track on youtube, and it looks incredibly dull and slow paced... and that was actually the fastest time
frown.gif

It's been nintendo's trend latley, Brawel was stripped from a lot of stuff to make it more dumbed down, and now this...

Im still excited to play it though
yaynds.gif

NaTaS69

Trophies
Website
gba-tavern.pt.vu
XP
Country
Here's a weird one...
Yesterday after downloading/removing the 001/burning i've tried at night.

So here's the weird part... It pop up the Update, did the thing and for my suprise it stayed on 3.1E
wacko.gif

Everyone had your's updated to 3.2E?
unsure.gif

EDIT: WiiFree 2.45

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine burnt me a copy of Mario Kart and gave it to me not long ago.

I put it in, working perfectly and all. I INSTALL the Mario Kart Wii channel and then I eject the disc.

I put in my friend's copy of Brawl (I wanted to see if it would work for him) and then it works so I take it up and put Mario Kart Wii in to play.

The 2 discs spin on the menu, both drop. 'Unable to read disc'.

The disc isnt scratched, apart from a efw little lines that can only be visible VERY faintly in strong light.

What happened? I deleted the save and channel and it still wont load.

P.S: My Wii was version 3.2E. I then went to System Update after this happened and surprisingly found an update. Still 3.2E after though, and Mario Kart still doesnt work.

anotheruser22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tested the "Mario.Kart.PAL.WII-MOMENT" release?

I'm getting a black screen after I load the disc from the wii menu.
wacko.gif

I'm using a DC2Key + latest Wii firmware and used wiibrickblocker on the ISO prior to buring....

EDIT:

I just tried with a scrubbed release and no luck with that either. It must not work with the DC2Key?

RichieP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone figured out how to turn off the AI Karts - apparently it can be done as I read it somewhere but didn't say how?

AndreTrek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having problems with this game, sometimes, the frame rate gets a bit low, and sometimes, the game crashes with the "the game disc could not be read" message.
i used regionfrii and brick block, burned at 4x using Alcohol 120%, my chip is D2CKey.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope someone can help me with my problem mentioned a few posts above.

Hope everyone else gets their problems fixed.

NaTaS69

Trophies
Website
gba-tavern.pt.vu
XP
Country
Tragedies said:

Have u tried to burn on a RW? With Imgburn?

But it worked on the 1st time that's very weird. Let th Wii rest or try with other games if u have.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
My other games work.

I put Mario in after 20 minutes of the Wii off, worked. Went back to Wii menu around 30 minutes later and restarted my Wii and still the same problem.

crumpster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested on a 3.1U NTSC Wii Modded with CycloWiz (latest version - beta) - WORKS
I changed the region of the release to NTSC using regionfri and got rid of the update using wiibrickblocker. Works with no update required.

I REFUSE to upgrade past 3.1U at the moment, and i'm sure there are others out there just like me. Hopefully, I made a few of you feel better.

StealthSoul

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tragedies said:

I'm not 100% sure how to fix your problem, but I get this issue with Wii Sports (original) sometimes. I just take out the power plug from the back, plug it back in and try it usually works on 2nd try.

sabatino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Milestails said:
I'm having problems with this game, sometimes, the frame rate gets a bit low, and sometimes, the game crashes with the "the game disc could not be read" message.
i used regionfrii and brick block, burned at 4x using Alcohol 120%, my chip is D2CKey.
the game needs the update, without the update it will result in these errors
rolleyes.gif

if you really don't want to update, try using other media or imgburn/nero,...
wink.gif

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys my friend says he made about 6 other copies and they worked on other Wii's.

I asked someone else for a suggeston, and they said downgrade my Argon firmware from 1.8 to 1.7. I can only find the link to the BETA download of 1.7, so Im trying that. Hope it works. If not, I can always go back to 1.8.

heririn

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have played this game for a while now and i want to ask something...

is the save file i have will work on USA mario kart? because i don't wanna played from the beginning to unlock all the characters and card that i've got from playing the PAL version...

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I've just downloaded the game. I've got a Pal WII 3.1E with a Wiikey 1.9g. So far everything has worked like a charm (I never even tried to play brawl, not interested).

I'd like to play kart and as far as I understand I can just burn and play. The game should update the console, but that's ok being PAL and all (I thought it would upgrade to 3.2, but I just read that somebody found his Wii still at 3.1... oh well).

My question is: I've read somewhere in this flood of posts that installing this upgrade disables the US No More Heroes hack. I have patched the US version of the game to play the bloody version (using the ppf patch somebody posted here on gbatemp) and NMH works great, but I still have to finish it. I can imagine that sooner or later the hacked version won't work anymore, but I want to finish it before that! So, can somebody confirm if the USA2PAL-hacked version of NMH keeps working (on PAL) after the Kart-upgrade, or not? If not, I'll just wait and finish NMH before even attempting to launch Kart.

Thanks a lot to anyone responding!
S

PS what about the freeloader? Is it affected at all? Again, i've read somewhere that it is, but i tend not to trust these rumors. I still have to play TC:new blood, so I count on it working for a while!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo