Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
jurai said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
jurai said:
anyone know how to unlock birdo?

I unlocked that earlier by winning a cup, I've only played 50cc so it's one of them. One of the first 2 I think, mushroom or flower

hm weird, i beat all of the 50cc's with gold trophy and only unlocked king boo and diddy

It told me Birdo was unlocked when I booted MK up earlier, I wasn't told during the game. Maybe it's something daft in the records page then, there's been a few people playing my game today so there are some big numbers in there like 400 odd tricks. 567 distance travelled.

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason when I play MK the screen flickers in 480P and goes black for 1 second randomly.
I have ran brickblocker and region free. I have no issues with other games.

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
slvrdrgn123 said:
Bad burn maybe? Or check you connections again.
Checked everything, even took the wii apart and put a fan on it to see if it was overheat. Just has flickering in MK and not other games :/

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Had a play of it this morning, have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by the graphics of the game, everything looks so bloody flat... Gameplay seems pretty good though, I'm sure it will be a blast to play multiplayer.

Can somebody explain to me how the mini-turbos work in this game?

I picked a manual Kart thinking that would mean I would need to press left and right on the joystick to build up my turbo, but the turbo just seems to build up by sliding around corners with no flicking required?

Is that correct? They removed the need to flick the joystick and now you just hold the slide? Does the angle of the slide dictate how quickly you get the mini-turbo?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Those who've played this game and have decent "reviewing skills" and are interested in doing a small review for a new GBAtemp project - hit me up with a PM, please.

junkmonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am getting graphical lag while playing this game and am running a 3.1U wii. I would like to update to 3.2U without getting IOS 37. Is there a game that includes the update, or any other way to get that update that doesn't include IOS 37 ?????

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MC DUI said:
thebobevil said:
just hold the slide, and if you switch to automatic, you won't get the turbo, at all.

Wow so they dumbed down the power slide mini-turboing just to holding the slide... Pretty crappy.

Why would you pick automatic then, what point is there?

I did 9 cups on automatic ... you can totally walk all over the CPU racers on automatic
smile.gif

S

spectral

For those that find pressing a button too difficult I guess. I've seen mentioned that the reason they changed it was because the wiimote steering doesn't react fast enough to have it steering side to side quickly.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
MC DUI said:
thebobevil said:
just hold the slide, and if you switch to automatic, you won't get the turbo, at all.

Wow so they dumbed down the power slide mini-turboing just to holding the slide... Pretty crappy.

Why would you pick automatic then, what point is there?

I did 9 cups on automatic ... you can totally walk all over the CPU racers on automatic
smile.gif

But what advantage do you get from an Automatic?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spectral said:
For those that find pressing a button too difficult I guess. I've seen mentioned that the reason they changed it was because the wiimote steering doesn't react fast enough to have it steering side to side quickly.

Hooray! Another game gets dumbed down just because a game must use the stupid-arse gimmicky wiimote.

The Wii sucks.
hate2.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works fine for me too. Wii 3.2U, WiiKey 1.9g, WiiUpdateRemover to eliminate the entire system update partition and RegionFrii to set it to USA. I won't bother with the MKWii channel since it's proven not to work on a NTSC-U system.

Use WiiUpdateInjector to add VC-MarioKart64 channel and you've got the full Mario Kart experience. Just kidding - or am I?
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok