Hacking Why the hell is my ReiNAND bootrate so shitty?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably your console memory card is dying...
I didn't even get it six months ago, it's a legit SanDisk 32GB card, and it doesn't act up in any other way. Somehow I don't think it's that.

Either way, I did order a 64GB card - how would I go about transferring the EmuNAND partition over to it once I get it?

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Get arm9loaderhax. It's unlikely to brick so long as you follow the steps exactly as they are described.
I installed it yesterday. 100% boot rate :)

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't even get it six months ago, it's a legit SanDisk 32GB card, and it doesn't act up in any other way. Somehow I don't think it's that.

Either way, I did order a 64GB card - how would I go about transferring the EmuNAND partition over to it once I get it?
Use emuNAND Tool to extract emuNAND.bin and keept it safe on PC. Also backup all memory card contents to a folder on PC
Then create emuNAND on new memory card using decrypt9 or GW launcher menu.
Use emuNAND Tool again but this time inject your backed up emuNAND.bin to new memory card, copy all stuff of the previous memory card to new memory card (should be formatted to FAT32 before you do).

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump your emuNAND using Decrypt9. Then restore it onto your new SD card with Decrypt9. You might be able to do the same thing with a PC application (though I don't know if there's a reliable one).

I wouldn't recommend A9LH on a New 3DS with a hardmod because mine bricked 6 times before it worked. Still, if you do get a brick, you can send it to me and I'll restore it back to normal and install A9LH for you.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that was fast.

It just kinda drops from a 100% bootrate to a 0%. No idea why. It's just ReiNand, not Menuhax.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest using CakesCFW, it has more freedom and is virtually the exact same as Cakes. It works on both new 3DS and old.
With the combo of BootCTR and the Cakes, I get a 75% boot rate, while I had less than 5% with reiNAND.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Menuhax works fine. The problem is ReiNand.
I used this guide to improve mine N3DS MenuHax bootrate from 60% something (used to get stuck at white or yellow screen) to like 9/10 bootrate:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

This guide replaces the 2.x menuhax to old themehax (and therefore much stable bootrate but no abilty to set menuhax banner/logo)
What he told you, is the right thing to do, i had same problem, RXTools booted 3/10 times, now it works 10/10, menuhax 2.0 robinpayload is unstable for lots of CFW launchers.
If you want a custom image, you can set it with the menuhax manager before changing it to the old robinpayload, and the image will still show unless you try to change it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it started kicking in again. ReiNand won't load, even from the themehax payload... again. What the literal fuck?

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it started kicking in again. ReiNand won't load, even from the themehax payload... again. What the literal fuck?
Well, I agree with andriy921. Arm9LoaderHax takes a while to install, but it has implications for the future and it's quite a relief to now have a short boot time and a perfect boot rate.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I agree with andriy921. Arm9LoaderHax takes a while to install, but it has implications for the future and it's quite a relief to now have a short boot time and a perfect boot rate.
I absolutely would if I didn't have to downgrade to 2.1 and risk a brick. On a New 3DS, too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1