Why the gamecube is the best TV Console ever

ignare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shape of the gamecube being a cube is so genius. 'Tis beautiful.

And the indigo color makes it so beautiful.

'Tis better than PS2 and Xbox graphically which just that tiny bump to make it gorgeous.

What kind of monsters of the past said that the Gamecube was bad?

But people are dumb. They are evil.

Just know that anyone who says that has to face me.

giphy.gif

ignare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, it's a documented fact that in terms of power, it's like this: PS2 < Gamecube < Xbox
Second, the gamecube isn't bad, it's just that the sheer amount of great games the PS2 got outshines it.
That may be true, but keep in mind that the Xbox also sucks major

just saying, controversial opinion here.....but it was actually a gamecuboid
The gameboy player makes it more of a cube.

ignare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you had me at it being a good system, but lost me at saying the Xbox sucks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours is just wrong.
What proves that you have the right of entitlement? Gamecube has already been certified by the flying spaghetti monster as good, but what sort of proof is there about Xbox being good? Stop being irrational; listen to the science.

Reactions: wormdood

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That may be true, but keep in mind that the Xbox also sucks major

The gameboy player makes it more of a cube.
The Xbox doesn't suck. At all. If anything, it's a severely underrated piece of hardware and has games that are classics to this day like NGB, JSRF, PDO, DOA3U among others.
Console wars are stupid.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
But Xbox bears the sin of being for plebs.
The only pleb here is you, that skips great games because of fanboyism. As someone who owns a PS2, GC and Xbox, I love them all equally and enjoy their exclusives. Plus the Xbox was the most expensive at it's prime, a "pleb" would have gotten a PS2 or earlier due to how cheap and easily piratable it was.
Your arguments are trash.

D

Deleted User

Xbox was the most powerful console of that generation, but in terms of quality games and massive variety, I have to say PS2 is the best one of all. I love racing games and PS2 has a ton of them, plus the accessories are mostly quite cheap unlike GameCube where you pay premium prices for an official controller.

My main issue with PS2 was the video quality though you can get it to improve somewhat with a component cable. This video below gives a rough idea what to expect, but probably not the exact result you'd get on your TV (everyone tweaks it differently and whatnot).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Xbox doesn't suck. At all. If anything, it's a severely underrated piece of hardware and has games that are classics to this day like NGB, JSRF, PDO, DOA3U among others.
Console wars are stupid.
Yep, Xbox is awesome. I have one and mine kind of has seizures – It turns itself on and off whenever it feels like it, but when I first had it it worked perfectly normal. No idea what happened to it, it just happened out of the blue.

Reactions: Tarmfot

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I love the GameCube. It's really a testament to time how well GameCube games scale up to 1080p in Dolphin. They look great at higher resolutions, like they were always designed for it. Can't say the same for PS2, that often looks dated on a modern screen whether it's emulated at higher resolution or ran natively.
These days I prefer emulating GC and WIi games though, as they just look so much better in Dolphin. But still have my original GameCube and about 15 or so games laying around.

Reactions: Kioku and ignare
D

Deleted User

I love the GameCube. It's really a testament to time how well GameCube games scale up to 1080p in Dolphin. They look great at higher resolutions, like they were always designed for it. Can't say the same for PS2, that often looks dated on a modern screen whether it's emulated at higher resolution or ran natively.
These days I prefer emulating GC and WIi games though, as they just look so much better in Dolphin. But still have my original GameCube and about 15 or so games laying around.
GameCube had a game where it was visually superior and even to this day it is. That's Dragon Ball Z: Budokai the developers gave it a Cel shade look on the GC so it looked nicer.

maxresdefault.jpg

But it's not as if they couldn't have done that, Auto Modellista was a gorgeous Cel shaded racing game ahead of its time.

P.S. On the PS2 version it can be seen that Son Goku has a six pack whereas on NGC, that's kinda blended with the rest of his body.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Xbox was the most powerful console of that generation, but in terms of quality games and massive variety, I have to say PS2 is the best one of all. I love racing games and PS2 has a ton of them, plus the accessories are mostly quite cheap unlike GameCube where you pay premium prices for an official controller.

My main issue with PS2 was the video quality though you can get it to improve somewhat with a component cable. This video below gives a rough idea what to expect, but probably not the exact result you'd get on your TV (everyone tweaks it differently and whatnot).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep, Xbox is awesome. I have one and mine kind of has seizures – It turns itself on and off whenever it feels like it, but when I first had it it worked perfectly normal. No idea what happened to it, it just happened out of the blue.

Remove the clock battery NOW. It could fry your Xbox.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube had a game where it was visually superior and even to this day it is. That's Dragon Ball Z: Budokai the developers gave it a Cel shade look on the GC so it looked nicer.

maxresdefault.jpg

But it's not as if they couldn't have done that, Auto Modellista was a gorgeous Cel shaded racing game ahead of its time.

P.S. On the PS2 version it can be seen that Son Goku has a six pack whereas on NGC, that's kinda blended with the rest of his body.
That’s a ps3 controller!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work